Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA's Illegal Job Action Causing Pilot Terminations.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW... Keep taxiing around @ 3 knots and take 10 minutes to line up & take off. You just lost any support the 20 crews waiting in the CLT heat had for you.

You freaking crusty, yellow lanyard wearing retards are a joke. You are losing any support you had in the industry by the day. GROW UP!

I disagree with this. I think their "on board" thing is hilarious. The problem is it will not do anything. It is entertaining though.

Every pilots who decides, "What the heck am I saying 'On Board' for anyhow?" the US pilots are one step closer to adults regaining control.

Guys, stop and zoom out for a second! Think of human behavior when you examine East vs West.

West would have done what East did if they were in East's shoes and visa-versa. Pilots on both sides of the merger were selfish. Irony, took all toys away from both Unions for not playing nicely! No contract and less quality of life. Neither pilot group was fully considerate.

It is really not the East pilots who screwed the West or visa-versa, but the leadership of each Union who let both groups down—Think about it. Each pilot group is holding individual pilots of opposing sides personally responsible as if they each pulled the trigger. Union leadership on both sides played an inconsiderate game of bluff.

Did West Union leadership exercise poor decision making? Did West conduct a thorough risk assessment? West leadership should have taken East's contingency of dissolving their Union into account. US Airways is a business. Unions are also financially driven and "solidarity" is just marketing.

Did East cooperate with West fully? No, because their Union didn't have to to negotiate for the DOH they fixated on. USAPA and West exemplifies how individuals and Unions respond to incentive. We all look out for number one! I know I do. West did exactly what East pilots did—they followed their union leadership off a cliff. To self-righteously judge the each other as if you each would have done any better is ridiculous.

If it makes West pilots feel any better, you're gonna get East's airplanes. In the long run, you will realize a net growth of aircraft regardless of whether NIC stands or DOH. The AWA & UsAir merger is the best thing that happened for all of its employees. Thankfully US Airways is a strong airline capable of withstanding your calamity.

The merger was never in any individual pilot's hands from the beginning. Blame your former Union leaders for failing you—ALPA turned on ALPA.

Sorry guys. :erm:

Last edited:
Guys, stop and zoom out for a second! Think of human behavior when you examine East vs West.

West would have done what East did if they were in East's shoes and visa-versa. Pilots on both sides of the merger were selfish. Irony, took all toys away from both Unions for not playing nicely! No contract and less quality of life. Neither pilot group was fully considerate.

It is really not the East pilots who screwed the West or visa-versa, but the leadership of each Union who let both groups down—Think about it. Each pilot group is holding individual pilots of opposing sides personally responsible as if they each pulled the trigger. Union leadership on both sides played an inconsiderate game of bluff.

Did West Union leadership exercise poor decision making? Did West conduct a thorough risk assessment? West leadership should have taken East's contingency of dissolving their Union into account. US Airways is a business. Unions are also financially driven and "solidarity" is just marketing.

Did East cooperate with West fully? No, because their Union didn't have to to negotiate for the DOH they fixated on. USAPA and West exemplifies how individuals and Unions respond to incentive. We all look out for number one! I know I do. West did exactly what East pilots did—they followed their union leadership off a cliff. To self-righteously judge the each other as if you each would have done any better is ridiculous.

If it makes West pilots feel any better, you're gonna get East's airplanes. In the long run, you will realize a net growth of aircraft regardless of whether NIC stands or DOH. The AWA & UsAir merger is the best thing that happened for all of its employees. Thankfully US Airways is a strong airline capable of withstanding your calamity.

The merger was never in any individual pilot's hands from the beginning. Blame your former Union leaders for failing you—ALPA turned on ALPA.

+1, Both sides need to stop trying to piss in each others Wheaties put the past behind them and sit down and figure something out. The East needs to accept that when you merged the West gets SOME of the good stuff and the West needs to accept that they only get SOME of the good stuff. Not ALL of the good stuff.Yeah I know the term "Good Stuff " is relative with regards to US Air but like it or not it's both of yours airline. Both sides need to find some less rabid dog style leadership and lock them in a room with a pen, paper and a bottle of Jack. They can come out when they have an agreement that has both sides equally pissed off. Think Nic plus fences. Yep that means some of the East guys (including myself) will be pulling gear for a PHX commuter and it also means that some of you West guys will have to watch the A330's taxi by with out you in it. Put the list together and take away one of Team Tempe's best weapons. A divided pilot group. If you keep the status quo we all can look forward to still trying for a contract during the next downturn and both sides lawyers will have new mansions out by Doug.

What????

+1, Both sides need to stop trying to piss in each others Wheaties put the past behind them and sit down and figure something out. The East needs to accept that when you merged the West gets SOME of the good stuff and the West needs to accept that they only get SOME of the good stuff. Not ALL of the good stuff.Yeah I know the term "Good Stuff " is relative with regards to US Air but like it or not it's both of yours airline. Both sides need to find some less rabid dog style leadership and lock them in a room with a pen, paper and a bottle of Jack. They can come out when they have an agreement that has both sides equally pissed off. Think Nic plus fences. Yep that means some of the East guys (including myself) will be pulling gear for a PHX commuter and it also means that some of you West guys will have to watch the A330's taxi by with out you in it. Put the list together and take away one of Team Tempe's best weapons. A divided pilot group. If you keep the status quo we all can look forward to still trying for a contract during the next downturn and both sides lawyers will have new mansions out by Doug.

There is no "west" to negotiate with.

Think of human behavior when you examine East vs West.
Here's a better explanation from Wikipedia:
In psychology and logic, rationalization (or making excuses) is a defense mechanism in which perceived controversial behaviors or feelings are explained in a rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation. It often involves ad hoc hypothesizing. This process ranges from fully conscious (e.g. to present an external defense against ridicule from others) to mostly subconscious (e.g. to create a block against internal feelings of guilt).

West would have done what East did if they were in East's shoes and visa-versa.
Considering what the East did has never been done before that's an unsustainable assumption.
LaGarbage Man said:
Both sides need to stop trying to piss in each others Wheaties put the past behind them and sit down and figure something out.
As Guppiedriver pointed out there is no West to negotiate with. Both sides are represented by USAPA and two of the PHX reps and one DDR get kicked out of BPR meetings. This conflict originates with USAPA and that's where it must end. What you're asking for isn't to figure something out but for the West to give concessions to the East. In exchange for what?

I know Easties hate our lack of originality but I have to say it yet again: binding arbitration is called binding for a reason. It's supposed to be binding even when one side really hates it. People with integrity abide by their commitments even when they think it's to their detriment.
There's your solution. Call your reps.

There is a small problem with that: There technically is only ONE pilot group. We are represented by ONE union (technically, mind you).

All three parties signed a transition agreement. One of the many tenets to that agreement is that the pilots would be going through the merger process as defined by ALPA merger policy. We did just exactly that.

I personally think that it was unfair to place a permanent 517 body fence in front of the number one AWA pilot. That said, we (both parties) agreed to abide by the process. As a result of the delivered seniority list, the east pilots hijacked the CBA and voted in USAPA. That triggered the "one pilot group" situation.

Hence, there is NO person, NO committee, NO ad hoc committee, NO group or entity that has the legal right (or inclination) to attempt to negotiate AWAY from the Nicolau Award with the help of USAPA (and that even means agreeing to DOH w/ "restrictions").

Because of USAPA's actions (suing 24 of our pilots for RICO crimes, trying to fire West pilots for non-payment of dues - ALPA never did that did they, Staffing all important committees with east pilots only, and trying to deliver a date of hire seniority list to the company), we must now have the courts finish this. The West pilots have been forced to defend our position, and we are most simply along for "the ride".

To put this in the most simplest terms: it comes down to keeping one's word. Even if there were someone that could negotiate away from the Nicolau seniority list, how or why would we now take the other party's word?

One last note: If the east and west had accepted the list as fact, and stood together on a new contract in May of 2007 (when the east walked away from the JNC), we would have been able to negotiate AT LEAST current Delta current rates. Now we wait for the court to conclude this exercise and EVERYONE has lost at least 4 years of better wages, time off and working conditions. What a shame.

How about we pick a neutral third party familiar with the industry to figure it out? Oh wait, we did that already. What if the Easties do no like this new ruling, will they take their ball and go home again. You will be yanking gear for a Westie one day if you wish to move off LOA 93 and you remain an F/O and I will yank gear for a Eastie if I continue to bypass, that is reality.

Latest resources

Back