Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA's Illegal Job Action Causing Pilot Terminations.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How 'bout putting up schedules of low end block holders...capt and f/o? No vacation...

OK, Chief..Here you go. Reserve in July (*not by choice) and a line in August so I'm skimming the bottom of the line holders. I'm too junior to get vacation in the summer time but I don't bother bidding it because I don't have school age kids. Also, I don't bother bidding weekends off because I don't need them off. I have family in town in August so I bid a block of days off and I find going through customs to be irritating, so I bid to stay out of Canada and Mexico. I don't really care where I overnight so I don't bid particular cities or pairings. Finally, fighting rush hour can increase my drive time by 15 minutes so I request to start after 10am and finish before 4pm.

Here's what I put into the PBS "Voo-doo" system, it takes me about 3 minutes each month.
(These are all the parameters I bid. I could do a bunch more, but as I stated previously, there isn't much I really needed)

Type of Line Desired: Desire Regular Line

No Fly List: 101XXX *(Not a terrible guy, just flies like he's "On Board". F-that. I NEVER have to fly with him)

Other options:
Accept a 24 hr period instead of 1 calendar day: NO
Request training if eligible: NO
Accept same day report after a late release: NO
Accept to sell days off: NO
Request long call reserve line: YES
Selected GDs:

500 pts Desire Period Off Su 14 AUG -Th 18 AUG
*(Did OK with this request, finish 14th at 9:20am, Start 18th at 7:30am)
100 pts Avoid Check-In Before 1000 *(3 of 4 start before 10, juniority sucks)
100 pts Avoid Release After 1600 *(All trips release by 12:50)
100 pts Avoid Pairings going in Canada Region *(No flight to Canada assigned)
100 pts Avoid Pairings going in Mexico Region *(No flight to Mexico assigned)

And here is what I got.

M 1 LP (Long Call Carry-in)
T 2
W 3
T 4 1115 (SI) PHX 0488(DEN)-0306(CLT) -0058 (MSP) 1950 Layover
F 5 0056(PHX)-0233(DTW) 2803 Layover
S 6
S 7 0281(PHX) 1250 Release 1843 Block 2100 Credit
M 8
T 9
W 10
T 11 620 (SI) PHX 0263(SMF)-0230(PHX) -0230(DTW) 1117 Layover
F 12 0583(PHX)-0647(ONT) 1751 Layover
S 13 0057(PHX)-0057(MSP) 1643 Layover
S 14 0027(PHX) 920am Release 2106 Block 2106
M 15
T 16
W 17
T 18 730 (SI) PHX 0302(CLT) 1458 Layover
F 19 0537(SEA) 2144 Layover
S 20 0078(PHL) 1406 Layover
S 21 0090(ORD)-0090(PHX) 1250 Release 2045 Block 2100 Credit
M 22
T 23
W 24
T 25
F 26 859 (SI) PHX 0600(LAS)-0395(DFW) 1329 Layover
S 27 0541(LAS)-0393(DFW) 1817 Layover
S 28 0374(CLT)-0374(JFK) 1754 Layover
M 29 0075(PHX) 1224 Release 1852 Block 2100 Credit
T 30
W 31

TAFB : 301.20 Excess Credit: 0.00 Total Calendar Days Off : 14
Total Block : 7926 Credit Range : [7800-9200] Total Credit : 8823

I have to say NO to giving the company a reason to furlough. Why don't they guarantee no furloughs? Because they want to furlough with PBS, with no min utilization and worse scope protections. We have to can the KP and start from scratch.

I'm going to get 4 trips that are 4 days long if we use line bidding or PBS. At least with PBS I don't get 4 trips I hate. How am I causing guys to get furloughed?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. It may be a great tool for you west guys but for us it would be too painful to implement...meaning furloughs.

Thanks for posting that. It may be a great tool for you west guys but for us it would be too painful to implement...meaning furloughs.

See the comment I added to the bottom of the bid results after you posted this.

It is more efficient than other line building tools which equates to needing less pilots. But since (unfortunately) we are going to be in litigation for a year or two (the companies suit) and in negotiations for a year or two maybe when we start retiring in large amounts maybe PBS won't be a furlough generator. Maybe it would just slow our hiring a bit. Remember USAPA MUST do everything it can to preserve jobs.

It is more efficient than other line building tools which equates to needing less pilots. But since (unfortunately) we are going to be in litigation for a year or two (the companies suit) and in negotiations for a year or two maybe when we start retiring in large amounts maybe PBS won't be a furlough generator. Maybe it would just slow our hiring a bit. Remember USAPA MUST do everything it can to preserve jobs.

Let's stop blaming the company for the delays. We are going to be in long term litigation because USAPA knows it can't amend the NIC without getting whacked so they are stalling. Also, based on your efficiency logic, the company should be pissing money away hiring more pilots and paying us all less. I'm no company man, but it's pretty damn hard for them to be competitive with the other legacies if we are striving to be inefficient.

Let's stop blaming the company for the delays. We are going to be in long term litigation because USAPA knows it can't amend the NIC without getting whacked so they are stalling. Also, based on your efficiency logic, the company should be pissing money away hiring more pilots and paying us all less. I'm no company man, but it's pretty damn hard for them to be competitive with the other legacies if we are striving to be inefficient.

I disagree with the USAPA "knows" part. The company would never pass any savings to us and you know it. Single engine taxi and look for you bonus.

I disagree with the USAPA "knows" part. The company would never pass any savings to us and you know it. Single engine taxi and look for you bonus.

Ask your East FO peers if they want to operate separately or combine lists. We both know the majority over there are perfectly happy to operate separately, even insisting it would be "unsafe" to do otherwise. If they are so sure they will get the DOH staple, why isn't everyone chomping to merge the groups? Because it isn't going to happen with DOH.

Also, the company might not pass fuel savings on to us, but rest assured they won't bat an eye at taking things away if they start losing money. Three engine taxi and keep thinking the company is going to blink at the negotiating table.

I'm sorry if I come across as combative. It isn't my nature or my intent, but I'm getting tired of the endless gamesmanship that appears to be USAPA operating mode. As long as they keep pushing the "we're going to take what ever we think is ours from whoever we please (ME)", then I'll continue to think they can pretty much piss off.

How 'bout putting up schedules of low end block holders...capt and f/o? No vacation...

Crz;
THANK YOU for the ask. It tells me that there are some guys out there that wish to be informed. My plate is a little full, but I will solicit the information you requested. Give me a couple days and I will put it up here.

CB

Not a problem, was just curious. the line that was posted, seems about the same as what we get with our lines, maybe a little worse actually.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back