• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wins appeal!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typical short sighted response scope out rj's.
Whatever it takes to keep the entertainment factor allive and well. Besides, what isn't true of what I said about your joke of an airline?

Of course your don't address the bulk of what i said....
Ok, here we go.....Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, nic was a senile old man, the west cashing their lottery ticket. Oh and blah blah blah blah....

most importantly, that the west might just consider an end to WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME. Let's move on for the betterment of everyone, for the industry, for the profession.
.....says the guy who's group has no idea what final and binding arbitration means......

I think what you're trying to say is that ours wasn't done under the auspices of the NMB like arbitrations with the company are. That is true. However, it was still an agreed-to event and both sides knew it was binding (despite the perjurious testimony of certain Easties). But all that's irrelevant to the DFR case. I know USAPA is hellbent on testing Seham's legal theories so in court is probably where we'll end up again.

I'm sure you realize by now that but for the ripeness issue the DFR violation of redoing the seniority list is obvious and egregious. Our lawyers will be ready and your lawyer will be Seham. Good luck.

Oh and a few other points to ponder. Not only was it not an arbitration within the NMB between the company and union, or a dispute between union and company on settling a contractural point. It was an arbitration between Two MEC's of ALPA. An internal ALPA process, which resulted in going to arbitration. That arbitration decision was never put into effect by having that arbitration award ensconced into Section 22 of a contract. It merely sat there.

So new Union comes along, are they tied to the ALPA process on how to negotiate Section 22??!?! If you say they are, then you will agree that the union must also be obligated to negotiate every portion of the contract based on ALPA negotiating principles and strategy.

Until Section 22 comes out, and is voted in place, will you be able to see if you have enough merit to file a DFR. True USAPA has a thin line to walk to ensure that the interests (NOT LOTTERY TICKET) of the west pilots are protected. BUT until you see the final version of Section 22, you won't know if your interests were followed or not. Simply having a lottery ticket from Phoenix, does not mean you can cash that in North Carolina......

My suggestion is, you drop some of your venom and get involved with the process, deal your your legally elected representatives, and ensure your voice is heard as to what your interests are in relation to finally integrating the seniority lists......

Again my opinion, and I'm sure you'll wipe your ass with it......but that's your right....

Well yeah, PCL, your history and that of your employer's are certainly shining examples of holding onto the highest standards and pursuing nothing but the best for all involved. Jesus.
I love when some east azzwipe tries to lecture anyone about shining examples. It's irony that's just, well, funny!:laugh:

Yes, our g'damn pay is shameful. GUESS WHO "NEGOTIATED" IT?!?!?!
You did ******************** for brains!

That's right, your beloved ALPA.
That's right, you ARE ALPA dumbass! It's made up of YOU, eastholes!

That is one of a plethora of reasons we voted ALPA off the farm (no matter how many times twa dude stands there, arms folded, shaking his head telling the world that it was only the Nic.) Furthermore, guess who's dirtbag wages our management was shooting for back in the ALPA consession stand days? Yeah, Tranny's, AWA's, etc. Or, I guess somewhere between there and GIA's....that's where we ended up under ALPA.....ALPA!!!! We are where we are because of dirtbags like you, and now you have the disingenious gall to point fingers.
So, instead of shooting for lowere paying carriers (in your words) such as AWA or AT, you figured, hey, we'll show them and undercut all those sorry low paid pilots by setting a new standard of low pay! Way to go jackass, you easholes give new meaning to undercutting!

You hate to break it to me?? That's funny, how many times have all the ALPA lovers said "hate to break it to you, but your gonna lose the appeal"?
The day you, as a premiere Internet Troll, break anything significant to me will be a cold day in PHX in August.
Enjoy the 190 as an f/o on that stellar pay junior, for as long as dougweiser decides to hold on to the remaing few you have.
In the meantime, I'll keep my shortsided obvious posts to maggots like you for the continued enjoyment of others to read.
AMF troll!;)

Can not remember who guessed 8 pages but here you go.

Bump!!!!!

Well I thought it would put it over the top
Guess the next post will do it.
I am heading back to the fridge to get another beer.
Please feel free to continue with the bash fest, It never get old "NOT"
Would someone be so kind to let us third listers know when the adults from both sides have sat down and actually started making some progress towards a new contract and recalls. Thanks

Last edited:
This ruling just makes the worst legacy airline that much worse. Let's just face it, USAirways is the fat, ugly girl at the ball that nobody wants to dance with. This unending pilot conflict makes potential needed consolidation difficult. Where's the growth? Is there a plan? USAirways is like a ship with no rudder.

whoopps....that didn't make it eight...maybe this will???

Anyways, TWA just read the decision from the 9th, have you?!?!?!? I've seen some quotes taken out of context by some of the west guys, I'll be sure to post some from the winning side...:)

[5] We conclude that this case presents contingencies that
could prevent effectuation of USAPA’s proposal and the
accompanying injury. At this point, neither the West Pilots
nor USAPA can be certain what seniority proposal ultimately
will be acceptable to both USAPA and the airline as part of
a final CBA. Likewise, it is not certain whether that proposal
will be ratified by the USAPA membership as part of a new,
single CBA. Not until the airline responds to the proposal, the
parties complete negotiations, and the membership ratifies the
CBA will the West Pilots actually be affected by USAPA’s
seniority proposal — whatever USAPA’s final proposal ultimately
is. Because these contingencies make the claim speculative,
the issues are not yet fit for judicial decision.

Kinda sounds here, that USAPA is kinda free to negotiate whatever seniority proposal they wish, And not until it's actually voted into a CBA will the west be able to determine whether or not an actual DFR has happened.

[7] Plaintiffs correctly note that certain West Pilots have
been furloughed, whereas they would still be working under
a single CBA implementing the Nicolau Award. It is, however,
at best, speculative that a single CBA incorporating the
Nicolau Award would be ratified if presented to the union’s
membership. ALPA had been unable to broker a compromise
between the two pilot groups, and the East Pilots had
expressed their intentions not to ratify a CBA containing the
Nicolau Award. Thus, even under the district court’s injunction
mandating USAPA to pursue the Nicolau Award, it is
uncertain that the West Pilots’ preferred seniority system ever
would be effectuated. That the court cannot fashion a remedy
that will alleviate Plaintiffs’ harm suggests that the case is not
ripe.1

What say you West Pilots?????

Seems the door is open to negotiate anything in section 22 USAPA wants. Until that policy is voted in will you be able to tell if you have been harmed unfairly.

My thinking is any future court of law will not look at what is negotiated vs. the NIC award, but more than likely, what the common man would find fair and resonable between two parties vs. what is negotiated...

[8] Plaintiffs seek to escape this conclusion by framing
their harm as the lost opportunity to have a CBA implementing
the Nicolau Award put to a ratification vote. Because
merely putting a CBA effectuating the Nicolau Award to a
ratification vote will not itself alleviate the West Pilots furloughs,
Plaintiffs have not identified a sufficiently concrete
injury.2 Additionally, USAPA’s final proposal may yet be one
that does not work the disadvantages Plaintiffs fear, even if
that proposal is not the Nicolau
Award.3

Last edited:
This ruling just makes the worst legacy airline that much worse. Let's just face it, USAirways is the fat, ugly girl at the ball that nobody wants to dance with. This unending pilot conflict makes potential needed consolidation difficult. Where's the growth? Is there a plan? USAirways is like a ship with no rudder.

Hey, aren't fat girls like mopeds????? They may not wanna dance with her, but after the ball, there's a line to get on board....HAHAHAHA

I believe you will see, that the pilot conflict will die away.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back