• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wins appeal!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Leonidas LLC vs. Airline Pilots, et al.

Invoice Summary
Current Professional Services $1,678,300.50
Current Disbursements 142,929.37

Total Current Invoice $1,821,229.87

Please make checks payable to
Polsinelli Shughart PC
Please reference Invoice No.

Ouch.

I just sent a $5 dollar donation in honor of Rez and PCL. Sortof an olive branch in honor of ALPA John, et al.

XXOO:blush:

Also, how well versed on the C&R's are you guys?
Are you serious? Your C and R are irrellevant. Only a seniority number protects from furlough.
Last guy I flew with said he was on a west JS and the crew actually agreed with him that in many cases, like wanting to retain a PHX base, you guys were better off with the C&R's than with Nic.
Well gosh golly we've got it all settled then.

Maybe you didn't read the part I wrote about the process being fair. I can tell my reps all I like and they can tell the NAC all they like but we all know the East will utilize their tyranny of the majority to outvote us. You will cram down whatever you like and you won't care if we like it or not. The APA at least admitted as much when they did it to the TWAers. Why can't you?

Well just because one person doesn't get HIS way, I guess everyone is guilty of DFR. That's pretty much the attitude I'm starting to see. The courts say, you guys were early and possibly wrong. That USAPA is just as able as ALPA was to vacate the NIC award, which I believe ALPA was very much able to, but refused. It doesn't matter WHY they refused, but they did. Spineless individuals, unwilling to do what was right, to move things along.

I do believe at times, USAPA as asked for input from MIGS on the west side (oh that's right, you guys refuse to participate) and have been given no notion. So without your input, how do you expect us to know what you think is fair????

You statement of, an arbitrator is the best method. We've seen how those have turned out over the years, lets try something new?!??! Not to many chances here to figure it out.....

Maybe you didn't read the part I wrote about the process being fair. I can tell my reps all I like and they can tell the NAC all they like but we all know the

Well because YOU don't think it's fair. obviously it's not....

Now can you tell me in YOUR own words, what standard of DFR is a union held to????

Is it simply if a minority portion of it's membership is unhappy, and doesn't get what they want, is the union subject to DFR claims? I mean, we can nail it down, that if not every single soul is happy with the outcome of a CBA, the union is liable for DFR........lets get realistic.....

Like I said last night. The sooner you come to terms with the events yesterday, The sooner you will be at peace.....

Crzipilot, you did a great job putting down the facts. Bravo. Sooner or later, westies will understand that DOH will work out in their favor. Greed is just a bad disease that started with the PFT crowd in 90's. Trying to jump ahead of someone with 17 years of service is just wrong. I really feel bad for the MidEX pilots that are now getting screwed and ALPA no where in sight to protect their jobs from the Republic scum that has taken too many jobs from long time higher paid pilots.

M

Wasn't there something in the ruling that says the court isn't specifically ruling on the NIC. Doesn't that mean that they aren't saying the NIC is dead?

In a nutshell, They said they weren't ruling on the nic. They were ruling though that DFR is not ripe until something happens. And nothing happens until a CBA is voted in, with a seniority integration. And depending on what that integration in, whenever it's voted in, is when one will be able to tell if there is a violation of DFR, and not until then. Some other tidbits about the nic being vacated by USAPA as easily as ALPA could have vacated it, which was an internal union policy.......

Wasn't there something in the ruling that says the court isn't specifically ruling on the NIC. Doesn't that mean that they aren't saying the NIC is dead?

The suit (and thus the injunction requiring the use of the Nic) was dismissed.

Are you serious? Your C and R are irrellevant. Only a seniority number protects from furlough.
Well gosh golly we've got it all settled then.

Maybe you didn't read the part I wrote about the process being fair. I can tell my reps all I like and they can tell the NAC all they like but we all know the East will utilize their tyranny of the majority to outvote us. You will cram down whatever you like and you won't care if we like it or not. The APA at least admitted as much when they did it to the TWAers. Why can't you?

From the famous Rufus T. Firefly, leader of Freedonia and expert lawyer:

Rufus T. Firefly: Gentlemen, a west pilot here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: he really is an idiot. I implore you, send him back to his father and brothers, who are waiting for him with open arms in the penitentiary. I suggest that we give him ten years in Leavenworth, or eleven years in Twelveworth.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0555597/ I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll take five and ten in Woolworth.

You statement of, an arbitrator is the best method. We've seen how those have turned out over the years, lets try something new?!??!
I'm open to suggestions, however, I can't envision you coming up with something more fair than a neutral third-party.

Well because YOU don't think it's fair. obviously it's not....
Like yours, my opinion doesn't matter. I know I'm restating the obvious but you give me no choice: arbitration solves the problem of two groups that can't come to an agreement. Your "solution" of having the majority impose its will on the minority is not democracy, it's rape.
Now can you tell me in YOUR own words, what standard of DFR is a union held to????
That is determined on a case-by-case basis by the courts.
Is it simply if a minority portion of it's membership is unhappy, and doesn't get what they want, is the union subject to DFR claims?
No. From your earlier quote: "A breach of the statutory duty of fair representation occurs only when a union's conduct toward a member of the collective bargaining unit is arbitrary, discriminatory, or in bad faith." In the opinions of Judge Wake, a jury, and Judge Bybee USAPA's actions against the West were definitely discriminatory and in bad faith.
Like I said last night. The sooner you come to terms with the events yesterday, The sooner you will be at peace.....
I know you want us to give up but you won't be so lucky.

Latest resources

Back