• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wants $'s for marksman........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Write a check to uSAPa? Cold day in hell before that'll ever happen.

Again....what do you think ALPA would be doing right now for CA Langenhahn?

The exact same thing that ASAPA is doing. Asking the membership to help support his family financially. There would be support out there, but again some people think they are above making a mistake that can cost them their career.

What is USAPA doing for the furloughees to be at both east and west?

The exact same thing as ALPA....nothing. Unless you include company paid health insurance. And this came from the membership, not an account in Herndon.

For all you know, He could have been an ardent ALPA supporter....in fact I believe he was involved very much in ALPA work several years back. If memory serves, he was on a committee for several years.

Again, it is a personal choice to help or not.

BTW....if all it took to lose your job as an FFDO was to take your weapon out of its holster in flight, a whole lot of pilots would be unemployed.

A350

The exact same thing that ASAPA is doing. Asking the membership to help support his family financially. There would be support out there, but again some people think they are above making a mistake that can cost them their career.

The exact same thing as ALPA....nothing. Unless you include company paid health insurance. And this came from the membership, not an account in Herndon.

For all you know, He could have been an ardent ALPA supporter....in fact I believe he was involved very much in ALPA work several years back. If memory serves, he was on a committee for several years.

BTW....if all it took to lose your job as an FFDO was to take your weapon out of its holster in flight, a whole lot of pilots would be unemployed.

A350

What about this special assessment? Would ALPA asses the membership over something like this?

Guess!

That's right...guess.

While you're at it...guess Wednesday's PowerBall numbers for me.

1. That's not all it took...and you know it! Have a little intellectual integrity here. The good captain violated the SOP, and shot a hole through an aircraft he was the pilot-in-command of.
2. If it was simply "taking his gun out of the holster", we wouldn't be having this discussion.
3. Good! Fire every pilot that takes his/her gun out of the holster...and in 2-weeks, it'd stop. Hopefully, we're done shooting holes in our airplanes by making up our own procedures and rules. I know for a fact CA Langenhahn has!

There is a clear difference between a crime and mistake. In this case, a crime led to a mistake. Don't ignore the first and focus on the second. This isn't missing a crossing restriction or blowing through an altitude. He discharged a gun in flight.

A350

F. this guy. Somebody needs to collect the carts at Costco.

Not a single, solitary dime for this ****************************** bag. compliments of his new Scaaaaa...fake. union. Usapa.

A350

Wow I don't want to fly on east metal if you are seeing pilot pull their guns out of their holsters. I have NEVER seen that and NEVER heard it happen until now.

Thats a pretty large blanket statement. I suggest you report any pilot that is playing with his firearm outside of it's holster.

PS. In fact you can be kicked out of the FFDO program for removing you firearm without justification. It's called SOPs. If you happen to be an ffdo I suggest you re read them.

Occam:

There isn't a single "guess" in my post, so I am wondering where you got that.

The point is how the weapon discharged....there is a cause and an effect. Had he violated the SOP and not had a discharge, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Not being an FFDO, I am not privvy to certain parts of the SOP and don't think discussing them here is a good idea.

So since you are so up on this, please explain how it happened.

A350

Latest resources

Back