USAPA wants $'s for marksman........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Caveman.

It isn't. But if you feel that strongly about it, feel free to donate. As a matter of fact,here's the address you can send your check to:

"Captain" James Langenhahn Fund
C/O "Captain" Elwood Menear (a piece of work in his own right)
PO Box 62
Hummelston PA 17036
Checks payable to "Usapa"
..... and hope that it gets to it's intended recipient.
Go get 'em Marine !!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Now that we've figured out that anyone can donate or not....

HOW ABOUT THAT FURLOUGH FUND?

SEEMS LIKE A MORE IMPORTANT ISSUE TO BE TALKING ABOUT.

Kind of pathetic regardless of how you feel about this guy. Fact is, if they were still in ALPA he would have all the resources he needs at his disposal. Sad that as a USAPA pilot they have to resort to panhandling.

While I sympathize with his situation, I have to ask, if they only need to get him through the end of the year and he's worked for Airways 24 years, where did all the money go?

Caveman --

I can’t speak for every dude out West, but I’m certain almost all of us are empathetic to Capt Jim Langenhahn’s plight. But it stops there. We feel for the guy, but most of us strongly believe that he jeopardized the reputation of our airline by his conduct. So we are sympathetic to his plight and feel for him, but that is about it. At some point personal responsibility sets in.

Now USAPA asks us to help him. What is the USAPA doing to help the 175 mainline AWA guys being furloughed this Fall? – ZERO. What are they doing to help the 125 “new-hire” furloughs out East? – ZERO. So you see, it re-enforces the pattern of behavior that USAPA exists only to help the one’s they want to help. Old time East pilots. None of the East Coast furloughee recalls (those who were on the street in May 05 when the merger was announced) will be furloughed this Fall. USAPA is ok with that because it keeps old legacy US Air pilots employed while they attrit the legacy AWA pilots. If USAPA hadn’t run the USA Today Ad claiming the company was abusing Captain’s Authority (so laughable) they would have had $100K to help out Capt Jim. And now USAPA asks me to cough up money to help Capt Jim when I’m being furloughed this Fall, while some East Coast guy who didn’t have a job at the company when the merger was announced, gets to keep his job – YGTBSM.

Next week, USAPA will begin Section 29 proceedings against over 1000 AWA pilots who have refused to pay dues to USAPA. There hasn’t been a single road show by USAPA to either West domicile since they were elected the CBA in April … and they want our help? I’ll tell you what they want; they want our money so they can further disenfranchise us. Capt Langenhahn is caught in the middle. As long as USAPA exists and the East won’t live up to the binding arbitration they agreed to, the house will be divided and USAPA can best decide where to allocate the scarce resources. Fundraisers for a guy who broke the rules and endangered the safety of his passengers and the reputation of the airline will be poorly received out West. The chickens are indeed coming home to roost and it is sad that so many East pilots were blinded by rage against ALPA and voted for USAPA. Unfortunately there will be many more pilots and families damaged as the months drag on. Good luck to Capt Jim. The sooner the East pilots wake up to the nightmare USAPA has created for all of us, the better. Me and 299 other soon to be furloughed dudes would to get back to work in 2009.

"Next week, USAPA will begin Section 29 proceedings against over 1000 AWA pilots who have refused to pay dues to USAPA."

Why only 1000? Did 800 pay their dues?

Politics aside, anyone proficient with a gun care to chime in on this. From what I read about this incident, it sounds like negligence, pure and simple. If this is FFDO SOP, you can have it.

Its guys like this that waste the union funds because of their stupidity or their actions. Been at enough airlines to see enough of these kind of pilots do the dumbest sh!t and get caught and expect the union to save their a$$e$. I fully stand shoulder to shoulder with my union brothers and sisters, but there is nothing that can be written in any contract that can support stupidity and or lack of common sense.

Oh and by the way.... while doing the recurrent FFDO course they briefed us on exactly what this guy did. He's lucky hes not in jail for endangering the lives of his passengers and or his crew. If you ask me he got off easy......

Can you provide further details?

CA Langenhan is not personally resonsible for USAPA.

Actually, if he voted for uSAPa, as 90% of the Eastholes did, then he's most certainly responsible for his own lack of adequate representation at the moment. I hope he sees the irony.

Politics aside, anyone proficient with a gun care to chime in on this. From what I read about this incident, it sounds like negligence, pure and simple. If this is FFDO SOP, you can have it.

Yup

I shoot more than most. I shoot some local competitions in my area. Nd's (negligent discharges) occur....alot. (not in competitions though. They are very structured and safe)Do some searching on the web. Hell, Utube has videos of them. BUT........ to blame any ND on the firearm or the holster is just plain stupid. The FFDO program has SOPs JUST LIKE THE AIRLINES. If you follow the SOPs you will NOT shoot an innocent airbus. If you make up your own procedures than you will, at some point, shoot an airplane or a person.

We have all heard of the term "get home-itus", If you rush, and are careless of a firearm you will have an ND. Hopefully you don't shoot a person.

Again I shoot alot. I'm not an expert but I am experienced in the shooting sports, and gun handling.

Everyone screws up in life, it's humn nature, but to screw up with a firearm can be deadly.

MD

Latest resources

Back