USAPA wants $'s for marksman........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A350

I am on the West list and not Mensa. That is why I would have preferred to have a union there to defend me if I had one of those days you are talking about. I do not. Neither does he. If you want to speak cliche might I suggest 'you reap what you sow'.

Unless you were there or are a party to the investigation you don't know what exactly happened. I'm as in the dark as the rest of you. I know this much though. CA Langenhahn is not personally responsible for Nicalau's decision. CA Langenhan is not personally resonsible for USAPA. CA Langenhan isn't personally responsible for all the hate and discontent between East & West. Last but not least he still hasn't had his day in court and the process isn't finished.

I have no idea whether or not he's an idiot or just made a bad decision. Is he guilty of unsafe behavior or a victim of flawed procedure? Or both? I'm not asking anybody to donate. I am asking some of you to consider that maybe you've let your hatred of East vs West go too far. The whole USAPA/Nicalau/East vs West deal is a train wreck. That doesn't justfy dumping all your anger upon one relatively obscure individual. I can understand someone deciding not to donate because they had concerns about his actions relative to FFDO procedure. That is a rational decision. Not contributing solely because he's an Eastie is what I find disturbing. If he needed a kidney would you refuse just because he's an Eastie? That's an extreme analogy, but the principle is the same.

Last edited:
Caveman,

Either you did not read my posts or you are referring to someone else. I did not mention the Nic award and you would be hard pressed to find any vitriole in my posts. I hate the enemies of our country and people who wich to harm others. Hate is a very strong word. I also advocated the guy getting his day in court. I am, under the circumstances (on the furlough list) pretty damned reasonable. That being said, USAPA threw out the safety net for issues just like this. They reap what they sow. I think I can logically and reasonably, though with great bias, point out this fact as one of the many issues that the east has failed to share the same logic and reason.

it's a good point that if USAPA had a fund to help the upcoming furloughs- guys would be a lot more willing to help a captain who should be better off financially than this.

When did we become so jaded and bitter that we can't set aside the BS for one moment and help out a fellow human being? How about just this one time we forgive and forget and help a guy out? Does it really matter that he's East or West? Rise above. Turn the other cheek. Whatever, but let it go or else it's gonna kill your own spirit. You can still fight for seniority and scope and fences, but you don't have to lose your humanity in the process.

Ordinarliy I'd agree with what you just wrote. However, when this benevolet association goes after 18 of my brothers for seven figures of damages in a trumped up bs lawsuit, it tends to make me a little bitter and jaded.

And then when the judge throws out said lawsuit, they appeal it, stating that they are interested in the damages available to them under the rico statutes. Give me a break.

These cretins have a lot of gall sending that plea to west pilots. Perhaps if they hadn't wasted all those hundreds of thousands on lawsuits and an ad harming the mouth that feeds them they'd have enough to slip old Jim some money.

Last edited:
So if usapa succeeds in bankrupting 18 individual west pilots for high crimes such as web board posts will they send out and appeal for benevolence on their behalf?

Unless you were there or are a party to the investigation you don't know what exactly happened. I'm as in the dark as the rest of you. I know this much though. CA Langenhahn is not personally responsible for Nicalau's decision. CA Langenhan is not personally resonsible for USAPA. CA Langenhan isn't personally responsible for all the hate and discontent between East & West. Last but not least he still hasn't had his day in court and the process isn't finished.

I have no idea whether or not he's an idiot He is. or just made a bad decision He did. Is he guilty of unsafe behavior He is or a victim of flawed procedure I didn't shoot a hole in the side of my airplane last time I carried my weapon with said "flawed procedures"? Or both No... its his fault? I'm not asking anybody to donate. I am asking some of you to consider that maybe you've let your hatred of East vs West go too far. The whole USAPA/Nicalau/East vs West deal is a train wreck. That doesn't justfy dumping all your anger upon one relatively obscure individual. I can understand someone deciding not to donate because they had concerns about his actions relative to FFDO procedure. That is a rational decision. Not contributing solely because he's an Eastie is what I find disturbing. If he needed a kidney would you refuse just because he's an Eastie? That's an extreme analogy, but the principle is the same.

Its guys like this that waste the union funds because of their stupidity or their actions. Been at enough airlines to see enough of these kind of pilots do the dumbest sh!t and get caught and expect the union to save their a$$e$. I fully stand shoulder to shoulder with my union brothers and sisters, but there is nothing that can be written in any contract that can support stupidity and or lack of common sense.

Oh and by the way.... while doing the recurrent FFDO course they briefed us on exactly what this guy did. He's lucky hes not in jail for endangering the lives of his passengers and or his crew. If you ask me he got off easy......

I agree that USAPA has a lot of nerve forwarding this to the Westies. Either you decide to donate or you don't. Just don't let anger and resentment make the choice for you. It's either a worthy cause or it isn't.

Latest resources

Back