My kind of FOD!

Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 3:10 PM

USAirlinePilots.org
US Airline Pilots Association
Representing the pilots of US Airways

H

A Call For Benevolence
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
One of our own, Capt. James Langenhahn, has had his 24-years of service to US Airways terminated, pending appeal to an arbitrator. USAPA is confident of Jim’s vindication by the neutral arbitrator, but that will not happen until at least late November; more likely the end of 2008.​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Capt. Langenhahn, as many will recall, suffered international notoriety, when his pistol discharged, through its holster, while Jim attempted to replace the mandated trigger lock.​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Regardless of one’s current opinion of the case, the facts and circumstances have not yet had a full and fair hearing. When that occurs, Jim will be returned, to continue his career as a professional airman and a fine employee.​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Unfortunately, in the meanwhile, Jim Langenhahn is suffering financially. Family circumstances and certain extraordinary, one-time expenses have all come at just the wrong time… many of us have “been there.” To pay bills he has been forced to liquidate his retirement accounts. Naturally, employment as a pilot is tough to find now, doubly so when one has been terminated (temporarily), in so public a forum.​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Your union, USAPA, is calling upon each of Capt. James Langenhahn’s fellow US Airways Union Pilots to reach into our relative plenty and give Jim just a little bit, to see him through until Christmas when, we are confident, he will be back in the cockpit again.​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Why ask you for money this way, rather than an assessment? Your USAPA Constitution mandates a Pilot Referendum on all such matters. The cost of administration would equal what we hope to raise for Capt. Langenhahn. Also, the need for your help is NOW; an assessment vote takes weeks to complete.​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Please search your hearts and then reach into your wallets for a fellow aviator who truly could use a hand. Next time you go to the ATM for layover money, take a couple of the “twenties” that thing burps out, (larger amounts and checks are welcome too!) and send them to:​
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Capt. James Langenhahn Fund
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
C/o Capt. Elwood Menear
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
PO Box 62
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Hummelstown, PA 17036-0062
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Checks should be made payable to:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
USAPA
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Note: these contributions are not tax deductable
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]USAPA Communications | US Airline Pilots Association
877-678-7272 | USAirlinePilots.org
[/FONT]

US Airline Pilots Assn contact info:
USAPA
5821 Fairview Road
Suite 400
Charlotte, NC 28209
Toll-free: 877-678-7272
Local: 704-936-4500
Fax: 704-936-4592
Email contact

Comments or problems
with our site:

[email protected]

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement

Fat chance would be my guess. But then a "west side guy" wouldn't be dumb enough to be putting his gun away descending through 8000 feet just so he can make his jumpseat flight home,either.

PHXFLYR

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
One of our own, Capt. James Langenhahn, has had his 24-years of service to US Airways terminated, pending appeal to an arbitrator. USAPA is confident of Jim’s vindication by the neutral arbitrator, but that will not happen until at least late November; more likely the end of 2008. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]​
[/FONT]​

Classic, USAPA says they are appealing to an arbitrator. What will USAPA do when the company says that they aren't going to follow the arbitrators findings "becaues it isn't fair".

The fact that these guys continue to to use the terms arbitration, arbitrator and binding arbitration are just laughable. They make a mockery of the arbitration system in this country yet continue to rely on it to pass their agenda.

Glass house anyone.

When did we become so jaded and bitter that we can't set aside the BS for one moment and help out a fellow human being? How about just this one time we forgive and forget and help a guy out? Does it really matter that he's East or West? Rise above. Turn the other cheek. Whatever, but let it go or else it's gonna kill your own spirit. You can still fight for seniority and scope and fences, but you don't have to lose your humanity in the process.

Last edited:
When did we become so jaded and bitter that we can't set aside the BS for one moment and help out a fellow human being? How about just this one time we forgive and forget and help a guy out? Does it really matter that he's East or West? Rise above. Turn the other cheek. Whatever, but let it go or else it's gonna kill your own spirit. You can still fight for seniority and scope and fences, but you don't have to lose your humanity in the process.

As "humane" as you think as you are being by forgiving and forgetting the idiot that made up his own procedures in the cockpit and put the whole FFDO program in jeopardy and to give money to this boob, why not have everybody reach into their pockets and pay for the guys that are going to be on the street in a couple of months!!!!!! OUT OF SENIORITY ORDER? forgive and forget right? Give me a break......these guys that are going to be on the street soon need to save every penny for themselves instead of giving it to dumba$$ whose been "CAPTAIN" most of his career at USA. Whats the matter? Did he live outside his means and not have savings for emergencies? Boo freaking hoo.....

As a FFDO and a friend of pilots on the west side, that are getting screwed by the east guys, I say let the chips fall where they may.

OK, I'll throw it out there...
If we were still ALPA, in spite of all of our differences I would pony up to help the guy and his family while they get this sorted out. I do think it is an offense worthy of losing your job but agree that is not for me to decide. Since they took ALPA from us, they can figure out how to help him out until the issue is put to bed. Kind of ironic that they are saying he deserves his day in court and that I am not going to help out since they made a mockery of the court system.

PHXFLYR:

You are right....the West seniority list is full of Mensa members! Especially the two that pushed off the gate drunk as skunks.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks.....

Every airline has a pilot that has put their peers in a bad light and every pilot has had a day in their career they would rather forget. If you haven't, you will!

If you don't want to support this pilot, then don't. It is a personal choice.

Enuff said.

A350

As "humane" as you think as you are being by forgiving and forgetting the idiot that made up his own procedures in the cockpit and put the whole FFDO program in jeopardy and to give money to this boob, why not have everybody reach into their pockets and pay for the guys that are going to be on the street in a couple of months!!!!!! OUT OF SENIORITY ORDER? forgive and forget right? Give me a break......these guys that are going to be on the street soon need to save every penny for themselves instead of giving it to dumba$$ whose been "CAPTAIN" most of his career at USA. Whats the matter? Did he live outside his means and not have savings for emergencies? Boo freaking hoo.....

As a FFDO and a friend of pilots on the west side, that are getting screwed by the east guys, I say let the chips fall where they may.

YUP!

In the words in Donald Trump,

"YOU'RE FIRED!"

I became bitter and jaded when a group of unemployed pilots decided it was ok to destroy my career to further their own.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back