• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wants $'s for marksman........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You refuse to pay dues, yet you demand a payout?

This is why you have NO credibility with the pilots at the rest of the majors. At least at my major. I have new hire friends put on both sides-- even the ones getting to stay a bit don't believe what's going on.

Drama.

As long as AL-SAPA is trying to steal our seniority it doesn't matter what else they may do for us. 161 AWA pilots are about to be furloughed who wouldn't be if we'd gotten a joint contract last year. I'm sure you understand.

I understand better than you want to admit. My condolences. Nothing is free.. except my condolences.

A Letter, THE FIRST Thing I Agree With That Usapa Has Done................

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif] A LETTER, THE FIRST THING I AGREE WITH, THAT USAPA HAS DONE................
IT WILL PROBABLY FALL ON DEAF EARS IN TEMPE!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Fellow Pilots,
The following letter was sent yesterday to CEO Doug Parker from USAPA President Steve Bradford:

US Airline Pilots Association
5821 Fairview Rd., Suite 400
Charlotte, NC 28209
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]877-678-7272[/FONT]
August 19, 2008 Dear Mr. Parker, During the pre-pilot bid conference calls and meetings, USAPA was informed that the furloughs resulting from the upcoming East and West bids were due solely to industry hardships created by the cost of fuel. This was reiterated by you at the recent CLT Crew News Event this month, where you stated that furloughs were not associated with contract talks, but rather due to fuel costs. On June 12, relevant USAPA Committees had their first conference call with Management regarding the upcoming pilot bid driven by the announced furloughs. At that time the price of crude oil was $136.74/bbl and rising. On July 4, 2008, the price of crude oil hit $145.74/bbl and was still rising. Times are changing, and it now appears that the bubble has burst with oil prices predictably falling as oil speculators retreat with their profits. In addition, the US Dollar is now gaining strength in the international markets. As I write this the price of oil has dropped to under $113/bbl. It is also worth noting that US Airways has progressive competitors looking to gain market share as we furlough and retreat. So there we have it, oil off nearly 30%=2 0from its high and slipping, and a stronger US Dollar. On behalf of our pilots who are facing extreme financial hardship due to the pending furloughs, we must ask the question, “Since the furloughs are the result of rising fuel costs and the fuel costs are now retreating, has the Company considered canceling the furloughs and instead position itself to compete aggressively in the marketplace?” In addition to the human impact, there are other factors that support an end to the furloughs. The East has already started extensive and costly training for the October bid. There were 426 displacements just on East bid 08-04, which generated a total of 384 training events. The West Displacement Bid will also generate significant training events, leading cumulatively to enormous Pilot training costs for the Company. In addition, there is the question of timing, concerning when, if ever, the Company will realize cost savings from the furloughs given the consequent training events. We cannot predict where oil will go from here, however the current retreat in oil prices offers you a wonderful opportunity for bold leadership. Stop the furloughs, save the training costs, and compete aggressively in the market place. Your positive actions would also give a much needed boost to your professional employees who make US Airways Fly, and could help restore some sorely lac king confidence in Management. Finally, there is nothing that will preclude you from reinstating a future cutback should oil prices increase. Sincerely, Stephen Bradford
President, US Airline Pilots Association

[/FONT]

Ok.....turtle21 has not answered the question.

Does anybody have any 411 on the info turtle says that the low life union asked for donations to help out a westy prior to the election?

I don't recall and don't believe anyone can recall where the A'wholes requested help for anybody on the west list.

If you have facts and recollections that I missed, please fill us all in.

The one sided association has selective memory and don't believe for one second they have ever asked for a donation or assessment for a westy in need.

Thanks for any info.

Capt.

USAPA relayed Morgan Perry's difficult ordeal to all pilots who read the website, which perhaps didn't include too many West of the Mississippi. They graciously referred to her dad as a USAir pilot.

http://www.morganperry.org/

The irony of the West rage is that it spurs them to spend so much time trying to prove USAPA doesn't exist, in name or deed. Some even spill out with emotional bursts of "We HATE you, and we don't believe you exist."

What do AWAPPA members and atheists have in common?

As long as AL-SAPA is trying to steal our seniority it doesn't matter what else they may do for us. 161 AWA pilots are about to be furloughed who wouldn't be if we'd gotten a joint contract last year. I'm sure you understand.

That's a pretty big IF.

Even with ALPA in charge is would be years before a joint contract came about.

So the result would be the same, no doubt about it.

USAPA relayed Morgan Perry's difficult ordeal to all pilots who read the website, which perhaps didn't include too many West of the Mississippi. They graciously referred to her dad as a USAir pilot.

http://www.morganperry.org/

The irony of the West rage is that it spurs them to spend so much time trying to prove USAPA doesn't exist, in name or deed. Some even spill out with emotional bursts of "We HATE you, and we don't believe you exist."

What do AWAPPA members and atheists have in common?

That was taken off the AWAPPA website to show the West that they had a mole and that they were being watched. It was a veiled threat. So, not surprisingly, it came to pass that USAPA subsequently sued individual pilots for web posts on the AWAPPA board.

Sorry. Not Altruistic in any sense of the word.

Sadly, this phony act of kindness was fueled by vindictiveness and hate. Mark King alone has enough of that for your whole group...and he's just one pathetic easthole.

Also there is nothing "gracious" about referring to her dad as a US Air pilot. He is. Fact. Period.

Your statement just provides another peak into the window of the East psyche. You guys think you're gods gift despite all the Bk's, contractual failures, concessions, losses, furloughs, and downgrades...all the while so proud of your almighty "yields" that have done nothing but "yield" your group the ranking of bottom feeder and habitual loser of the industry.

Truly a delusional bunch.

Last edited:
Even with ALPA in charge is would be years before a joint contract came about. So the result would be the same, no doubt about it.
Last summer the airline was profitable and negotiations were progressing. There was momentum to get combined operations. DAL and NWA just proved a joint contract can be accomplished in short order. Therefore, your assumption is without merit.

That was taken off the AWAPPA website to show the West that they had a mole and that they were being watched. It was a veiled threat. So, not surprisingly, it came to pass that USAPA subsequently sued individual pilots for web posts on the AWAPPA board.

Sorry. Not Altruistic in any sense of the word.

Sadly, this phony act of kindness was fueled by vindictiveness and hate. Mark King alone has enough of that for your whole group...and he's just one pathetic easthole.

Also there is nothing "gracious" about referring to her dad as a US Air pilot. He is. Fact. Period.

Your statement just provides another peak into the window of the East psyche. You guys think you're gods gift despite all the Bk's, contractual failures, concessions, losses, furloughs, and downgrades...all the while so proud of your almighty "yields" that have done nothing but "yield" your group the ranking of bottom feeder and habitual loser of the industry.

Truly a delusional bunch.

http://www.1-800-therapist.com/

Last summer the airline was profitable and negotiations were progressing. There was momentum to get combined operations. DAL and NWA just proved a joint contract can be accomplished in short order. Therefore, your assumption is without merit.

George Nicolau.

Latest resources

Back