• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet you read USAPA's pile of lies regarding this issue and bought that hook, line and sinker too.

Nope....that's not where I got my information. Why is that relevant?

Truth and ALPA MEC Communications committee.....Now there's an unlikely pair.

PosRate.....you're in for a few surprises. Not unpleasant ones, like the ones you wish on all of us, but surprises nonetheless.

14 days :)

AA Federal Judge just ruled that Nicolau used a bogus list.

Really?

You might try reading the actual docket, there, sparky.

But then you'd have to emerge from that alternate reality you're so fond of, and we know how uncomfortable that is for you USAPA'ns.

PosRate.....you're in for a few surprises. Not unpleasant ones, like the ones you wish on all of us, but surprises nonetheless.

14 days :)

Unpleasant surprises? Like not being unemployed? Like not being stapled to the bottom of a list, ala TWA? Were those the unpleasant surprises that the "merger" and ALPA heaped on you?

The Westies, and the rest of the airline industry, know what USAPA is after. You want what isn't yours. When you played by the rules and didn't get it, you started your little game of trying to re-writing the rules.

I realize telling you this is like telling a spoiled 4 year old he can't have candy at the checkout line. You just hope if your mommy won't give you everything, maybe she'll just give you one or two things to shut you up and you still come out ahead. Bad news: I don't think anyone is planning on giving into your tantrum. But hey, good luck with that approach.:rolleyes:

Nahhhh...I have a feeling that if they tried to recall the entire MEC....Prater would put them under trusteeship...

Nah.. he would just support the ALPA lackeys that refuse to receive registered mail so they can pretend they have not received a request to put recall on the agenda at the LEC meetings, just like he is doing for the CLT reps who pretend to represent the pilots.

CLT has had three informational meetings that looked a lot like LEC meetings (and all the bigwhigs flew in from out of town) but they are denying the pilots the right to have a recall vote.

Frankly ALPA's real colors are coming through loud and clear. Pilots get no voice and will pay for the smart guys to make the decisions without their input especially when the largesse is in danger. Makes the choice obvious, unless of course you are in the running for one of those such jobs at the mahogany table.

BeCareful,

You're full of crap - plain and simple.

I bet you read USAPA's pile of lies regarding this issue and bought that hook, line and sinker too.

Completely replacing a union, with an organization that will offer less protection and do more to divide this group is more East fantasy. Reality will be a slap in the face once again. You guys are unbelievable...

Here's a little more on that MDA issue.

"Last week the U.S. District judge in New York dismissed the MDA lawsuit that was filed in 2005 over the terms and conditions of employment of the MDA pilots. The lawsuit contained several claims; the Court dismissed most of them because they were time barred..."

Wait a minute. The first sentence says the suit was dismissed. The second sentence says it dismissed "most of the claims." Which is it?

ALPA argued that the case didn't have merit based on the SoL, ironically, not on whether or not they failed in DFR! Think about the moral and ethical outcome of that! The judge dutifully ruled the 6 complaints had merit but they legally fell outside the SoL's time lines. Score for ALPA...kinda...because of the SoL.

But, don't miss what she did say: She also allowed the ammended complaint over the Seniority List used in the Nic Arbitration because in her words: "The alleged breach is not about the process or terms of the arbitration award . . . but that the union knew of, and stipulated to, the introduction of an erroneous, previously-corrected seniority list during the arbitration proceedings. To this allegation, defendants have not offered any reason to deny plaintiffs leave...."

That is significant. She get's it. She understands the plaintiff's perspective.

Also,

"...plaintiff have adequately alleged that their injuries were caused by the defendants' knowing stipulation to introduce an erroneous seniority list that they knew would adversely affect the careers and employment rights of their represented members. Plaintiffs' motion for leave to file a supplemental complaint is therefore granted."

Simply put, she tossed out the 6 complaints over the SoL technicality and is allowing the case to be ammended and proceed to trial based on the merits of the plantiff's supplemental arguments. ALPA says that is not a "ruling" by the Judge. While she may not have "ruled" the ALPA failed in DFR, she certainly has ruled the plaintiff's arguments have merit and deserve to be heard. That is also significant. The case moves on as an ammended supplementary case. Had ALPA won it's motion to dismiss, this case would be dead in the water. They didn't. It's not. Discovery is underway.

One more item. ALPA has published that they have not offered a settlement figure to the MDA pilots. The publication of that topic is like Bill Clinton saying he didn't have sexual relations with a 24 year old intern in the Oval office. Because a legal team doesn't produce a piece of paper with a settlement offer, they have the "legal" liberty of saying no such claim ever existed. This is what thy have done. Fact is, the judge asked both parties to enter non-binding arbitrary settlement discussions where ALPA did make such an offer....not in written form, off the table, so to speak. Lawyers "deal" all the time. This is no different. It was grossly under sum and flatly rejected by the MDA attorney. And to finish a comparsion, Bubba got away with his tawdry cigar session in the Oval office, but, it doesn't take away from the damage it caused to his Presidency, his marriage, and his family. ALPA can wag its finger and say they "legally" didn't offer settlement, but for the rest of us non-legal peeps, we know the difference.

T8

Man, we hear this a lot, and NOTHING could be further from the truth. While you and your FI.com team are steadfast in your mantra that there will be a civil war with USAPA, one has to wonder: what do we have right now? If this ain't a civil war, I don't know what is. ALPA East says "Separate Operations Forever." National says "We Must Defend The Award." West says: "When Do I Fly The A330?"

Trust me bro...the vast majority of West pilots don't give a &$#@ about your 9 A-330s. US Airways' international division isn't anything to get excited about. Go ahead and keep 'em.

Granted, we don't have any wide-bodies...but we weren't the ones going out of business, either.

Mail

57 mailings to the East Pilot's in several weeks. 57 X .33 = 18.81 X 2500 pilot's = $47025.00. (conservative figures). This is your Dues money at work. ALPA is so great that thay have to prove it every day with a blitz of mail! I just received another three today. Guess that was another $2475 from the money tree in Herndon.
icon8.gif

57 mailings to the East Pilot's in several weeks. 57 X .33 = 18.81 X 2500 pilot's = $47025.00. (conservative figures). This is your Dues money at work. ALPA is so great that thay have to prove it every day with a blitz of mail! I just received another three today. Guess that was another $2475 from the money tree in Herndon.
icon8.gif

All well and good except for one thing, ALPA gets to use what's known as "bulk rate" when doing mailings which as i'm sure you know is only a couple of cents as opposed to normal rate. I guess you are going to have to readjust your numbers there.

WD.

What’s left of your USAir career is worth more than what ALPA did or didn't do for you in the past.

You don't owe ALPA anything.

ALPA was bought and paid for with your percentage of salary paid to them and u don't owe them anything.

What’s left of your USAir career is worth more to you by voting ALPA out now....

....than anything ALPA can do for you in the future.

Loyalty to ALPA is worthless after what they didn't do for you in seniority integration and letting management gut your retirement.

The only way to be able to put food on the table decently in retirement concurrent with what your seniority is supposed to be at USAir is to vote out ALPA now to at least get your seniority put back where it should be.

There is nothing that ALPA could ever do for you now that would equal voting ALPA out and subsequently getting your seniority back.

The self serving AWest pilots are not worth the paper their license used to be printed on that they didn't put the seniority proper on their own recognizance as men of morals and principle they are not, evidenced by their sitting there and accepting the ill gained spoils of war not due to them by their years in service based on Date of Hire.

Hmmm...first class , bulk rate. 1oz. letter, biz mailing. 5 digit zip. machine processable. Cost .31-.35 Seems about right...HAHHA. At 3 oz. it goes up to about .50/per

Latest resources

Back