• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They did not sign the CC Air pilots contract.. You probably don't know anything about that....like most B.S. posters on this board.

They didn't sign the Midway contract either! There is criteria!

Who is the company? New York Life? Self insured?

Tell us about it...

Rez -

From the USPAP website:

Insurance
"What about my ALPA insurance...?

Insurance Update #5 March 21, 2008
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif](IMPORTANT NOTE FOR LTD PILOTS: regardless of what you've been led to believe, your benefits are contractual, and therefore unchanged by a change in unions! Also, if you are currently receiving ALPA LOL benefits, the law requires that those benefits will continue uninterrupted and unchanged. Please call 877-678-7272 x706 with any questions or concerns.)[/FONT]
We are pleased to report that both Reliance Standard Life and Cigna Group Insurance have sent us letters communicating their interest in working with USAPA on Life Insurance and AD&D benefits. As the reality of USAPA nears, we will continue to find carriers who are interested in competing for our business. We are pleased to have these two fine carriers (along with ING) agree to throw their hat in the ring, giving US Airways pilots even more insurance options. Cigna is the current underwriter for ALPA AD&D, and both carriers guarantee acceptance for those currently holding ALPA insurance.

Insurance Update #4 March 8, 2008
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Fellow pilots,[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']As USAPA works to build a better union for all US Airways pilots, we are pleased to announce today that our requirements for a superior Aeromedical Plan and Loss of License insurance plan has now been met[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']USAPA now has a full Aeromedical Plan in place and will be ready to go on Day One. We have chosen Harvey Watt and Company to administer USAPA's Aeromedical plan. With 57 years of experience in this field and long before ALPA offered any insurance services, Harvey Watt and Company has been providing the airline industry with premier insurance products and services. You can find their welcome letter here which details their background, services, and support physicians, all of which is available thru USAPA. In addition, for those US Airways pilots with special Aeromedical issues, the services of our own Capt. Peter Lambrou, M.D. are available, although they are not included within the HW&C plan. US Airways Captain Lambrou is a highly regarded Aeromedical doctor, located in Pittsburgh, PA. [/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']The combination of an experienced Aeromedical provider with decades of experience, along with the specialized services of Captain Lambrou, a well known Aeromedical physician, equals a superior combination for all US Airways pilots. [/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']USAPA also takes great pleasure in announcing the availability of seamless Loss of License (LOL) insurance. Through our expanding relationship with Harvey Watt and Company, USAPA has received a commitment from the Great Southern Life Insurance Company to issue Lump Sum and/or Monthly Pay Loss of License Insurance coverage to members of USAPA, in an equal amount of coverage at the published rates for that amount at the pilot’s current age. [/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Great Southern will guarantee to issue, without current evidence of insurability, the same benefit amount with no exclusions or coverage limitations other than those that exist in their standard certificate of coverage (unless the existing coverage has specific exclusions – in which event they would be replicated). The guaranteed effective date of the replacement coverage will be the date the member’s coverage is terminated under the ALPA group.[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Pilots currently holding ALPA Life, AD&D and LOL insurance can rest easy during the transition to USAPA, knowing that they have guaranteed issue, identical products to those they currently hold. Once again USAPA proves it has the expertise to fulfill the needs of the US Airways pilots, and although ALPA will claim USAPA can not provide competitive group insurance to their pilots, the fact is we now join the ranks of APA, SWAPA and others offering equal or superior products than ALPA, and this was accomplished in our first year. [/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Notwithstanding all of the noise you've heard to the contrary, USAPA keeps its promises and we believe it’s not what you say, rather it’s what you do. Fellow pilots, this is the power of a union committed to the needs of the US Airways pilots, and only the US Airways pilots[/FONT]

will insrance for 5300 be cheaper than 61000?

still promises from usapa..... its a gamble with your career. good luck....

have you donated? whats the dues rate?

Looks like the coverage will be the same for the same money.

The dues rate will be the same as ALPA without National to support.

Looks like the coverage will be the same for the same money.

Yeah...based on ALPA contracts. What about new enrollments?

The dues rate will be the same as ALPA without National to support.

Will the USAPA pilots be represented in this next round of US/EU talks. Those A330 pilots?

What happens when a A330 pilot lands in a foreign country and the local gov't wants to detain the pilots?

How will USAPA represent the A320 shooter?

I find it ironic that these guys rolled the dice once with binding arbitration, didn't get what they wanted and now want the dice back. If I could do this in Vegas I would have millions. I am a strong believer that a man is only as good as his word. Sounds like they've got some great folks over there. :rolleyes:

USAPA now has a full Aeromedical Plan in place and will be ready to go on Day One. We have chosen Harvey Watt and Company to administer USAPA's Aeromedical plan. With 57 years of experience in this field and long before ALPA offered any insurance services, Harvey Watt and Company has been providing the airline industry with premier insurance products and services. You can find their welcome letter here which details their background, services, and support physicians, all of which is available thru USAPA. In addition, for those US Airways pilots with special Aeromedical issues, the services of our own Capt. Peter Lambrou, M.D. are available, although they are not included within the HW&C plan. US Airways Captain Lambrou is a highly regarded Aeromedical doctor, located in Pittsburgh, PA.

I read that welcome letter and it is unclear to me exactly how this is superior to ALPA Aeromedical. If I get diagnosed with something nasty, who will be my contact - Lambrou or Watt? What of the rumor that Lambrou refuses to work with Watt? Who do I call, who will prepare my packet for the FAA and who will defend me as the process progresses? What other part 121 airlines does Watt contract with?

This is in the welcome letter and is NOWHERE near the language I would require from an Aeromedical provider.

---------------
"Through our physicians, and our extensive physician network, we provide preventive medical direction that may help avoid disability and the loss of an airman’s medical certificate."
---------------

How about, we have experience representing airline pilots and will vigorously defend your ability to return to line flying and will guide you through the process in a confidential and expedited manner.....WATT IS NOT IN ANY WAY SUPERIOR TO ALPA AEROMEDICAL.

Watt is an insurance company, correct? So are his doctor's just sub-contractors, and why should I not suspect that he is much more interested in insurance contracts with USAPA rather than protecting PILOT CAREERS from real and everyday issues that large percentages of both our groups require almost daily!?

In the last couple years, I have personally flown with people who have had the following AND got their medicals back through Aeromedical - kidney cancer, kidney transplant, BRAIN tumor with vision loss, heart attack, lymphatic cancer, and diabetes. To the man, these guys felt like the ONLY reason they were able to return was the expertise of ALPA aeromedical.

USAPA is looking for 'immediate plug-in' services, but what they don't realize is that 1) it's all a scam as the true intent of the union is to re-order the seniority list and 2) plug ins may look the same, but a house built of steel or concrete looks the same on the outside as a house built of 2x4's.

So voting USAPA will piss away all the protection that a house built with care and lasting material can provide for a cheap look alike that's really just a seniority stealing whore house on the inside.

We are pleased to report that both Reliance Standard Life and Cigna Group Insurance have sent us letters communicating their interest in working with USAPA on Life Insurance and AD&D benefits. As the reality of USAPA nears, we will continue to find carriers who are interested in competing for our business.

Really, they sent you letters? It's F*CKING April 2nd...2 weeks from a potential take over of our collective futures and you're bragging about getting letters in the mail?!?! - How about saying here is what ALPA provides and here are the signed contracts effective April 18th for equal or better services....you guys are a total joke.

The only insurance commitment you have is from....wait for it...wait for it.....tada - Harvey Watt and Co. Looks like your expanding relationship with him will leach the pilots in the same manner Seham will/has. How sh*tty will you allow our lives to become so you can attempt to use AWA as your furlough protection? DOH will not happen. If that assumption is true, then why replace a good house with a crappy one? This is a fool's errand and people like BeCareful have fallen for it, hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:

Yeah, another predictable response from an ALPA boy.

Good lord, how do the SWA pilots do it? How does the IPA or APA represent their pilots abroad?

A better question: When will you and the rest of ALPA realize that the fear campaign isn't working?

A vote for ALPA is a vote for more infighting, division, and whipsawing.

You like to talk of USAPA's promises and belittle their importance. I'll tell ya, I'd rather have a promise from USAPA than a long list (14 years' worth) of broken promises from ALPA.

15 days!!!! :)

Last edited:
Hey PR.......

OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 days !!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

It'll work out fine in the end!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be a wuss......it will all be OK!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back