• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Runoff election

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAPA doesn't represent the "east" or "west". It represents the pilots of US Airways.
Wrong. Simply being the official collective bargaining agent doesn't equal fair representation.

In any case, it's for the jury to decide. Do you honestly feel USAPA has a good chance of winning? Have you wondered why Judge Wake put the trial on the fast-track when DFR litigation normally takes seven years or more? Who other than attorney Seham agrees that changing unions voids binding arbitration? Have you bothered to ask? I did: a prominent labor attorney who has the Teamsters as one of his major clients. I feel pretty good about the West's chances going into the trial.

Last edited:
(AP) -- Pilots at US Airways Group Inc. say the company has rejected their request to bring in the National Mediation Board to help them reach an agreement.
No surprise here. The company knows negotiations are going nowhere until the DFR issue is resolved.

USAPA doesn't represent the "east" or "west". It represents the pilots of US Airways.

How many times has the leadership of USAPA come to PHX to meet with their constituents?

How many times have they had to appear in court in PHX?

Which number is larger?

Now go back and try to convince us of the truth of your original statement.

How many times has the leadership of USAPA come to PHX to meet with their constituents?

How many times have they had to appear in court in PHX?

Which number is larger?

Now go back and try to convince us of the truth of your original statement.

They are too yellow to come to PHX, Remember the chicken yellow lanyards?

You're right. A judge can't dictate what USAPA does with its C&BLs or CBAs. What he can do is issue an injunction ordering $1 million a day fine as long as USAPA continues to fail to represent the West. Who do you think is smarter: Judge Wake or counselor Seham?

Glad to see you DO understand ' the letter ' and its implications. After all, if the lists are ordered merged and the powers that be implement LOA 93 ( as already threatened) what are you going to do about it?

Since the judge has already dismissed the dues refund idea as punitive and not supported by case law - you are really reaching on fines. But you'll be paying your own fines anyway as an assessment ..

After all, if the lists are ordered merged and the powers that be implement LOA 93 ( as already threatened) what are you going to do about it?
If we lose the court case(s) we'll have no more leverage and all will be lost. Won't be anything for me to do.
Since the judge has already dismissed the dues refund idea as punitive and not supported by case law - you are really reaching on fines.
Non sequitor. (That means one has nothing to do with the other.) If we win the suit fines are obviously one way for the judge to correct the DFR issue.
But you'll be paying your own fines anyway as an assessment ..
If you really think Judge Wake is stupid enough to make the winners of a suit pay the loser's fine I guess you believe everything Seham tells you too.

According to their C&B/L's ? Yes. According to the LMRA ? I'm not sure....

PHXFLYR

No they don't. They want to give them just enough rope to hang themselves with so they can watch them twist in the wind.

PHXFLYR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back