USAPA Runoff election

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be Careful-

So you think that the east pilots should not be held responsible for their votes on USAPA, their votes for leadership(?), and their behavior towards west pilots (requiring separate crew vans)? Should we ignore USAPA's advice to "Watch what they do, not what they say" when it actually applies to USAPA?

The comments about east pilots may be unnecessary and counter-productive, but they aren't un-earned.

Bird,

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. Something I said? In any case, I see that you are now claiming some unprofessional conduct or behavior that requires separate vans. Not aware of this, but I have seen a photo of a mural in a west airbus that was for the benefit of our passengers while they were boarding. I've seen aggressive and just utterly stupid moves by west pilots in CLT. And...the funniest!....was one of your guys having a loud conversation with the guy who tries to get passengers to sign up for the credit card in the terminal. OMG it was hilarious listening to this fine aviator attempting to educate the credit card guy about union this and arbitration that. What an absolute tool.

Anyway dude, I don't have time for this crap today. Take care.

A non member is a non member, how can they be subject to the C&BLs of an Association they are not members of? Contract maintenance fees, sure, representational costs sure, but assessments due to a failure to properly represent them? That's a stretch.

That's what I thought , too and is why I posted " I'm not sure'" at the end of my post. But then again this is USAPA we're talking about where anything is possible... :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

A Proud Non-Member

Last edited:
No, that's only your view of the problem. I think your use of the word "pathetic" is the problem. That pilot, whoever he is, doesn't deserve to be referred to that way. Nor does the guy one number senior to him who didn't get furloughed. Their both human beings who fly aircraft for an airline. Neither one did anything "wrong" and your characterization of this guy as pathetic says a lot about you and your group.

I can't wait till the next merge when masses of you change your tune and start screaming DOH.

..and lower ourselves to your level ??? YGTBSM.

Oh...big letters.....must be true, and important. Your take on this is laughable. USAPA is in fact conducting day-to-day business in much the same way any union does. (Witness the recent screw up in the west schedules and the resulting action.) You can take them just as non-seriously as you wish, but it doesn't make your allegations true, nor does it change anything. Yeah, it's a new organization and a work in progress. So-the-f&%#-what? You boys are so g'damn critical of everything USAPA does, totally ignore the hard work that's been done and continues (yes, even on your hateful behalf) and yet you're telling me to open my eyes? Whatever, we all know why you behave like that; if I had an un-cashed winning lottery ticket, I'd be squirrly too.

Corruption? Collusion? With the pension investigation gaining momentum, we'll soon see who's corrupt, and my strong suspicion is that ALPA has a lot of dirt on its hands in this one.

But whatever, you probably know best since you're west and all. That's how it goes here on FI.com

Hellloooo.......Hate to break it to you but the PBS Chairman is a West Pilot who joined USAPA under much duress so as to oversee the proper running and management of the PBS system by the company. The reason he chose to is because no one at USAPA took the time to fully understand the pros and cons of PBS or how it worked, nor did they make any attempt to learn , and as a result he was afraid USAPA was going to let things slide as far as west scheduling isues were concerned. He filled the same position while ALPA was on the propertyfor us on the west side prior to the merger. Sure,your boy joined him when they went to PHX the other week to sort out the west scheduling mess ,but from what we've been told, he kind of sat there like a puppy watching TV ( ie. He knew he was looking at something but couldn't figure out exactly what it was ) and as a result didn't have much to say. So once again, it was more a west pilot who joined USAP under duress looking out for west pilot's interests who corrected the problem, and not the moral victory you USAPA -types are trying to make it out to be.

A Proud Non-Member

PS. By the way, nice language....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh by the way, DOH MEANS NOTHING!-Screams the PFT crowd of the 90's. Its all about Me, Me, Me and how a Westhole can leapfrog 20 years of service. A probation pilot being senior to someone who has 17 years of service will not fly. Sorry PFTrainers.

When the Nic list came out, it was not even close to relative seniority. 1/3 of the pilot list was not included. Active USAIR pilots were listed as furloughed.

M

Marty;
The list is the list. If we could do it all over again, I would rally to make Captain Randy McNerlin #1....oh well....final is final and binding is binding.

BTW,
You must have missed my question directed to you earlier in this thread:

Okay Marty. Are you or are you not a pilot for US Airways? If not, are you married to a pilot or related to a pilot for US Airways?

Well?? You have been quoted several times that you do not work for LCC. If so, why would you care??

Lay off Marty.....his comments are at least entertaining and God knows there's no job or interview info right now to read about on FI.

Lower yourselves? This coming from a group that has actual strikebreakers? No, PHX, YGBSM!

Maybe so, but the last 2 left on the property are senior to you on the NIC list......:D

PHXFLYR :cool:

Last edited:
Maybe so, but the last 2 left on the property are senior to you on the NIC list......:D

PHXFLYR :cool:

Wow, so you're a proud non-member, and apparently proud of your strikebreakers, too. Jeeze I hope those rumors about Doug selling the west to CAL are true!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back