• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Runoff election

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, I thought none of the west pilots wanted to come east....that was their story for so long. Now, you're coming. OK. Wow, great.

How many contracts have any of you guys seen negotiated? .

Oh Yeah, LOA 93 is wonderfull example of a great contract.

Yes, the side letter meant that the contracts were different. Different pay, different work rules etc for same equipment etc..

M

Mcdoosh:
you're off your meds again.
What happened? That last outing too much for you and your LCC boyfriend?:blush: :laugh:
Come mcdoosh. Get back to that 152 and flight instructing. Stop pretending to be a Us Airways pilot. I know your man tells you how great it is.

The East refuses to accept the responsibility for anything that they’ve done. Like they did with USAPA.

They decided to play God, create USAPA. When USAPA turned against Them, They comforted themselves in the knowledge that it really wasn’t their fault, not really.

You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you’ve created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can’t hide from the things that you’ve done anymore

Strange, Haven't met one capt. on the east side that's sorry that alpa is gone. Oh your on the west, I'm sure you have the inside scoop of what's really going on...sorry

Oh, I thought none of the west pilots wanted to come east....that was their story for so long. Now, you're coming. OK. Wow, great.

BC;
I you will look back 1.5 years or so, we all had this discussion. There are about 150 to 200 west pilots that live on the east coast OR can commute to the east coast with as much ease as we can to PHX or LAS. By the same token, there are many east pilots (100 or better?) that live closer to the PHX and LAS bases and would avail themselves of the shorter commute.

How many contracts have any of you guys seen negotiated? Because it cracks me up how you all think if not for our E vs W fight, then there would surely be a contract in place. Do any of you pay attention to how long other airlines, even those represented by the mighty and beloved ALPA, go past their amendable dates before getting a contract? My guess is that you do, but it's just so convenient to act like the fight over your potential windfall is the only reason we don't have one. Did it ever occur to you that Parker and the boys have no intention of negotiating in good faith until the NMB forces them to? Why should we expect that they would behave any differently than any other airline? Our fight has nothing to do with it; they are using it as an excuse, because it suits them, and it causes even more hatred between the groups, but you're delusional if you think that a contract would be in place without all this fighting.

Well brother, we had one contract proposal that was offered by Scott Kirby (and that was his offer, and that was when times were "good"). It was essentially the AWA contract with a couple of scheduling improvements and about 3% $$ for the west crew. If we would had said yes and put it to a vote, it would have been DONE. I believe that would translate to an increase of $40 to $60 K in wages and time off for the east (minimum). Had the East MEC remained at the negotiation table, there is no telling how much more we may have negotiated in that contract offer.

I am trying very hard to not pin my hopes on what Judge Wake and the jury plan on should the AWA group win this lawsuit.

I know that many east pilots have stated that they will NEVER vote in a contract that includes the Nicolau. What if the AWA pilots win and the Judge take that wind out of your sails? The list and direction that the courts can do for remedy is far and varied.

I'm on reserve in April and plan on attending some of the sessions. We will all see where this will take us. In my previous post I just mentioned that it was a shame and had all parties abided by the agreements, we would not have gone down this road. By these actions "we" have easily eclipsed the Northwest / Republic acrimonious merger.

Just out of curiosity lets say that judge wake does rule in favor of the west and let's say he orders immediate implementation of the Nic Award. What then MCDU?

Then LOA 93 will be the surviving contract and you will have sued yourselves into concessions.

Does any East pilot take any blame for LOA 93, Nic. Award or the Usapa Clown Show or is it everyone but the East's fault(Prater,Nic. or Parker and Co.)that they find themselves painted into a corner. The East has to be at fault for at least some of the mess they live in today! I love the constant blame of an outside force that has created their environment, never one percent of responsibility for their dilemma from within. If(and nothing is a lock in Federal Court) Wake rules against USAPA in May, who is to blame then,let me guess, anyone but USAPA right?

Thank you for that detailed explanation. I assure you I pay very close attention to the details. This isn't my first merger, don'tcha know. So far, USAPA has not been following the law which is why there's a trial in April. So based on your response I can conclude there's no legal mechanism by which LOA93 can or shall be imposed on the West, Hemenway letter or not.

Latest resources

Back