• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Runoff election

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No they don't. They want to give them just enough rope to hang themselves with so they can watch them twist in the wind.

PHXFLYR

The supposed animosity management has for USAPA according to life here in the FI.com world puzzles me. I sense no more or less contempt than management had for ALPA.

Do you think they want ALPA back because of the 24/7 concession stand, or do you guys honestly think Doug has a soft spot for you west flyers and wants to see you get your seniority wishes granted?

According to their C&B/L's ? Yes. According to the LMRA ? I'm not sure....

PHXFLYR

A non member is a non member, how can they be subject to the C&BLs of an Association they are not members of? Contract maintenance fees, sure, representational costs sure, but assessments due to a failure to properly represent them? That's a stretch.

Last edited:
The supposed animosity management has for USAPA according to life here in the FI.com world puzzles me. I sense no more or less contempt than management had for ALPA.

Do you think they want ALPA back because of the 24/7 concession stand, or do you guys honestly think Doug has a soft spot for you west flyers and wants to see you get your seniority wishes granted?
OPEN YOUR EYES

ALPA was never in front of as many federal Judges is as short a period of time as USAPA has. They realize that associating with such a corrupt organization puts them perilously close to collusion, hence the desire to keep them at a significant distance. Not to mention that USAPA proves themselves to be complete amatuers at running a union and need not be taken seriously.

While ALPA was a significant advesary, they didn't often put the company at the risk of being sued.

A non member is a non member, how can they be subject to the C&BLs of an Association they are not members of? Contract maintenance fees, sure, representational costs sure, but assessments due to a failure to properly represent them? That's a stretch.

The union decides (within fairly narrow limits) which fees are germain. A non-memeber could drag them into court and dispute it, I suppose.

The union decides (within fairly narrow limits) which fees are germain. A non-memeber could drag them into court and dispute it, I suppose.

I'm pretty sure of it. Non members can be required to pay representational costs, but the union has to itemize and account for those costs. They must involve costs associated with maintaining or negotiating a contract. I hardly think paying of fines for failing to represent non members fairly meets that threshold.

OPEN YOUR EYES

ALPA was never in front of as many federal Judges is as short a period of time as USAPA has. They realize that associating with such a corrupt organization puts them perilously close to collusion, hence the desire to keep them at a significant distance. Not to mention that USAPA proves themselves to be complete amatuers at running a union and need not be taken seriously.

While ALPA was a significant advesary, they didn't often put the company at the risk of being sued.

Oh...big letters.....must be true, and important. Your take on this is laughable. USAPA is in fact conducting day-to-day business in much the same way any union does. (Witness the recent screw up in the west schedules and the resulting action.) You can take them just as non-seriously as you wish, but it doesn't make your allegations true, nor does it change anything. Yeah, it's a new organization and a work in progress. So-the-f&%#-what? You boys are so g'damn critical of everything USAPA does, totally ignore the hard work that's been done and continues (yes, even on your hateful behalf) and yet you're telling me to open my eyes? Whatever, we all know why you behave like that; if I had an un-cashed winning lottery ticket, I'd be squirrly too.

Corruption? Collusion? With the pension investigation gaining momentum, we'll soon see who's corrupt, and my strong suspicion is that ALPA has a lot of dirt on its hands in this one.

But whatever, you probably know best since you're west and all. That's how it goes here on FI.com

Oh...big letters.....must be true, and important. Your take on this is laughable. USAPA is in fact conducting day-to-day business in much the same way any union does. (Witness the recent screw up in the west schedules and the resulting action.) You can take them just as non-seriously as you wish, but it doesn't make your allegations true, nor does it change anything. Yeah, it's a new organization and a work in progress. So-the-f&%#-what? You boys are so g'damn critical of everything USAPA does, totally ignore the hard work that's been done and continues (yes, even on your hateful behalf) and yet you're telling me to open my eyes? Whatever, we all know why you behave like that; if I had an un-cashed winning lottery ticket, I'd be squirrly too.

Corruption? Collusion? With the pension investigation gaining momentum, we'll soon see who's corrupt, and my strong suspicion is that ALPA has a lot of dirt on its hands in this one.

But whatever, you probably know best since you're west and all. That's how it goes here on FI.com

Critical of USAPA? why shouldn't we be? It was formed soley for the purpose of stealing seniorty from the west pilots.

You can dream about your DOH all you want, bottom line roughly relative seniority is ALPA merger policy, roughly relative seniorty is what you got in the NIC!

Oh by the way, DOH MEANS NOTHING!

Oh by the way, DOH MEANS NOTHING!-Screams the PFT crowd of the 90's. Its all about Me, Me, Me and how a Westhole can leapfrog 20 years of service. A probation pilot being senior to someone who has 17 years of service will not fly. Sorry PFTrainers.

When the Nic list came out, it was not even close to relative seniority. 1/3 of the pilot list was not included. Active USAIR pilots were listed as furloughed.

M

Critical of USAPA? why shouldn't we be? It was formed soley for the purpose of stealing seniorty from the west pilots.

You can dream about your DOH all you want, bottom line roughly relative seniority is ALPA merger policy, roughly relative seniorty is what you got in the NIC!

Oh by the way, DOH MEANS NOTHING!

Wrong. First off, west pilots have never had the "seniority" they claim is being stolen from them. Only in your minds and in the botched abortion that Nicolau rendered using inaccurate lists (thanks ALPA). Second, it took years of unsatisfactory performance of ALPA to get their bickering, no-account asses off our property. Other airlines will learn this lesson eventually, too. In fact, I seem to remember AWA trying to rid themselves of the scorge. Of course, with the NIC you'd be so g'damn senior, well then who cares, ALPA would be fine with anyone who suddenly had 1100 pilots under them who'd been with the company much longer.

But finally, where in my previous post did ever mention seniority, Nic, any of it? You're just another little FI.com bitch that keeps harping and harpng on this. Whatever happens ain't up to you, it ain't up to me, it ain't even up to your boy Wake, who I'm beginning to think you guys have already paid off since you're so sure he's going to deliver you your leapfrog furlough proof positions on our list.

Just how much did it take to buy Judge Wake's ruling in advance like that?

Latest resources

Back