• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The east pilots had the chance to participate and craft the decision. In fact the arbitrator pleaded with them to modify their stance, but they refused. When they cling to an unreasonable position, how can they expect any decision to pass their "fairness" test.

How "fair" is it for one faction of the pilot group to make another portion suffer the loss of their ALPA protections, just so that they can prove a point?

How about responsible?
How about honorable?
How about trustworthy?

I see the scab word is getting under your skin. The above quote is eating at me in a similar fashion. Seems none of you want to respond. Care to respond?

I see the scab word is getting under your skin. The above quote is eating at me in a similar fashion. Seems none of you want to respond. Care to respond?

I'll answer it. It won't be the answer you want to hear.

A majority of the pilots at Us Airways elected to bring in an in house union. American pilots did the same thing when they separated from ALPA to create the Allied Pilots Association.

The ONLY reason USAPA came to fruition is because MORE pilots than not voted for the union. Would it be fair for a small group of the pilot group to dictate this decision? Of course not.

Do you think APA was as effective as ALPA the day after the election? Probably not. Are they now? Probably more so.

I'll answer it. It won't be the answer you want to hear.

A majority of the east pilots at US Airways elected to bring in an in house union to undo the Nic award. American pilots did not do anything like this when they separated from ALPA and formed APA.

The ONLY reason USAPA came to fruition is because the east pilots lack integrity and wanted a mulligan on the BINDING arbitration. Would it be fair for the smaller group of the pilots to have an inept association forced on them so the east could attempt to throw out the BINDING arbitration. Of course not!

Do you think APA was as effective as ALPA the day after the election? Probably not. But comparing APA/ALPA with USAPA/ALPA doesn't make any sense, so I'll just quit while I'm ahead.

Fixed it for you.

JT8D,

Thanks for the amusing response.

Typical BS spin when comparing uscaba to APA or IPA or SWAPA. They are unions founded in unity, not associations formed specifically to disadvantage factions of their own pilot groups.

And, the ONLY reason your 'worse than scabs' association came to fruition is because you arrogantly believe you can undue/neuter/nullify binding arbitration. It's a faulty foundation, a false promise, and the only thing we have now is less protection going forward.

The industry is changing before our eyes and we are protectionless and fractured because of you.

You can say whatever you want to demean us, stomp as hard as you'd like, scream at the top of your voice that you're not a SC'waaaa'B. Whatever it takes for you to sleep at night, but it is what it is.

The facts speak loudly and clearly.

But you do hide from your decision. You wear a yellow lanyard. If you don't believe in either cause...wear a Dallas Cowboys lanyard or something else. I use a piece of thin climbing rope for a lanyard except when I go to Philly. I switch to the ALPA one for that day because I love seeing the USAPA lovers try to intimidate me with stares.

No, I can quite honestly say I do not hide from my decisions. I am quite willing to express my opinions freely and honestly, when appropriate (and most of my friends would add at times when inappropriate...). As for the lanyard, I wore it to commute. Period. I still have an obligation to my employer and to my family to get to work on time. Why jeopardize that? Why antagonize anyone with it? Funny enough, the day after the incident in Dallas I threw the yellow one away, I threw the ALPA (blue) one away, and now I strictly wear the company blue lanyard. My not wanting to antagonize anyone goes both ways...

The sad part is I was dumb enough to come here voluntarily as a new-hire and put myself in the middle of this mess. I listened to my moderate friends (at both east and west) that told me not to worry, this would all blow over soon, blah blah blah... Oh well, maybe the next stop will be better.........

I take back my thank you for your ALPA vote.

That's quite all right. I did not vote for ALPA for your thanks. Nor did I do so for you. I did it because I believed (and still do believe) that ALPA has the best resources and the best method to put this all behind us. (A fair an equitable settlement). I felt ALPA was the best way for us all to get a joint contract and begin moving on... And maybe, just maybe, I do fall into the camp that believes that binding is just that -- binding. And, I believe that a man (or group of men in this case) should stand by his agreements, win-lose-or draw...

Bad Andy. Your feeling is wrong. ALPA is a disaster. Good luck and welcome to US Airways.

THE ONE AND ONLY DEFINITION OF A SCAB IS SOMEONE WHO CROSSES A PICKET LINE AND PERFORMS STRUCK WORK.

THAT'S IT...PERIOD END...OVER... NADA... DONE.

THERE IS NO OTHER DEFINITION.

Construed or not.

Damn young-ins.

How AWA guys can throw that word around, attaching it to everything under the aviation sun when they allow their feed to come from the likes of MESA is beyond me.

It's Beyond you because you've never looked at a dictionary.

scab

3 entries found.

scab[1,noun] scab[2,intransitive verb] apple scab

Main Entry:1scab Pronunciation: \ˈskab\ Function:noun Etymology:Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Swedish skabbr scab; akin to Old English sceabb scab, Latin scabere to scratch — more at shaveDate:13th century 1: scabies of domestic animals2: a crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound3 a: a contemptible person b (1): a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2): a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3): a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms4: any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots

Visually explore scab HealthMaps on Healthline:
nav_widget_map_icon.gif
1. Scab
2. Eschar

Learn more about "scab" and related topics at Britannica.com
Find Jobs in Your C

Latest resources

Back