• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's Beyond you because you've never looked at a dictionary.

scab

3 entries found.

scab[1,noun] scab[2,intransitive verb] apple scab

Main Entry:1scab Pronunciation: \ˈskab\ Function:noun Etymology:Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Swedish skabbr scab; akin to Old English sceabb scab, Latin scabere to scratch — more at shaveDate:13th century 1: scabies of domestic animals2: a crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound3 a: a contemptible person b (1): a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2): a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3): a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms4: any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots

Visually explore scab HealthMaps on Healthline:
nav_widget_map_icon.gif
1. Scab
2. Eschar

Learn more about "scab" and related topics at Britannica.com
Find Jobs in Your C

Internet definitions don't mean squat fella.

I don't know how old you are but you need to get out of the Metrosexual societal persona if you are gonna fly jets.

Internet definitions don't mean squat fella.

I don't know how old you are but you need to get out of the Metrosexual societal persona if you are gonna fly jets.

that "internet" definition is found on the Merriam-Webster web site...You know, WEBSTERS DICTIONARY...the foundation of the language?

Sorry to tell you but I've been flying jets for 15 years, all with out manicures or hair products and you're metrosexual rant is just plain weird.

Stripping the west of their union benefits on the promise of "cost neutral" fits perfectly into the expanded definition of "scab".

Facts are Facts. Like it or not..."fella"

that "internet" definition is found on the Merriam-Webster web site...You know, WEBSTERS DICTIONARY...the foundation of the language?

Sorry to tell you but I've been flying jets for 15 years, all with out manicures or hair products and you're metrosexual rant is just plain weird.

Stripping the west of their union benefits on the promise of "cost neutral" fits perfectly into the expanded definition of "scab".

Facts are Facts. Like it or not..."fella"

Whatever dude.

You call me a scab, I call you a metrosexual.

who really gives a crap?

Here is my Internet quote:

Metrosexual is a neologism generally applied to heterosexual men with a strong concern for their appearance, or whose lifestyles display attributes stereotypically seen among gay men. The metro- (city) prefix indicates this man's purely urban lifestyle, while the -sexual suffix comes from "heterosexual," meaning that this man, although he is usually straight, embodies the heightened aesthetic sense often associated with certain types of gay men

THE ONE AND ONLY DEFINITION OF A SCAB IS SOMEONE WHO CROSSES A PICKET LINE AND PERFORMS STRUCK WORK.

THAT'S IT...PERIOD END...OVER... NADA... DONE.

THERE IS NO OTHER DEFINITION.

Construed or not.

Damn young-ins.

Not really, that's the most common, but not the only, the courts have accepted several definitions as acceptable. My favorite is the first definition attributed to Jack London:

The Scab

"After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, He had some awful substance left with which He made a scab."

"A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles."

"When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and Angels weep in Heaven, and the Devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out."

"No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his Master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not."

"Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British Army. The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer."

"Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a SCAB is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class."

These two really come to mind when I think of USAPA:

"A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles."

"When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and Angels weep in Heaven, and the Devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out."

These two really come to mind when I think of USAPA:

So you think that TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED moms and dads certified to operate Transport Category Aircraft could fit this definition huh?

USAPA will be gone, and Nicolau will survive.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif]The right to sue the union, without reprisal, if internal appeals do not produce a satisfactory result within four months, or if you disagree with the union's decision;[/FONT]

http://www.uniondemocracy.com/Legal/lmrda.htm

In September, the 2nd District Court of Appeal held that a union did not waive its members' statutory rights and the employees could sue in court even though the union had grieved the same issue under the collective bargaining agreement's grievance and arbitration procedure.

http://pursuitofjustice.com/publications/dailyjournal_2006_10_23.htm

I think so to. When Doug is faced with every single West Pilot suing the company simultaneously for lost wages and every single one can go to a jury the Nic. award will go into effect immediately.

When union reps find themselves being sued by West pilots for backed wages they will be begging Doug to recognize the Nic. award as the seniority list.

So you think that TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED moms and dads certified to operate Transport Category Aircraft could fit this definition huh?

That's how many Busted the AWA Union right? So Yes, homophobe, 2500 is the correct amount. Also, what is your hang up about operating airplanes? It's not that cool, you don't have to be an astronaut, and those guys back in high school would still kick your ass even if they knew that someday you'd be in the right seat of an airbus...or whatever.

Jet Pilot? BFD.

Last edited:
When Doug is faced with every single West Pilot suing the company simultaneously for lost wages and every single one can go to a jury the Nic. award will go into effect immediately.

There won't be a company to sue Hotshot.

I think that's exactly what he was saying.

You need to have a beer or five and find your happy place. Remember, you and your fellow 'moms and dads' (that was a nice touch) wanted this change. Did you expect no backlash? Oh wait, that's right, you guys didn't need a plan B...plan A was solid.

There won't be a company to sue Hotshot.

Holy crap - I agree with you on something.

Latest resources

Back