• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know you all think Nic does that, but how do you explain Dave having 1200 guys behind him for furlough fodder overnight, and an A330 fleet, and 767 fleet, suddenly available to your pilots. .

What are you talking about??? The Nic list put Dave Odell at the BOTTOM of the active pilots as of the snapshot. The only reason Odell has nearly 1000 pilots junior to him now is because virtually all recalls/new hires have gone east. Correct me if i'm wrong but those ultra premium widebody fo slots that you guys love to reference were given to newhire/recall pilots....

Whether or not the nic award is fair cannot be determined here. The bottom line is that the east has zero honor or integrity. You made an agreement and failed to honor it. Period. Now you are using the tyranny of the majority to try and disenfranchise 1800 west pilots. You will not get away with it and the stench of your actions will follow you for the rest of your careers. You can go on and on about how you were screwed but the rest of the industry knows that you are trying to weasel your way out of binding arbitration at the expense of a fine group of pilots.

You should all be ashamed. Scab is not the proper term as there is no picket line to cross but it does do a good job describing how abhorrent the East pilots' actions have been.

I spoke with an east pilot recently who seemed somewhat embarrassed and stated that we will work everything out soon to the satisfaction of all parties involved. B.S.! It's too late. You can't undo history.

Good post Green. I would feel the exact same if I were in your shoes.

Good post Green. I would feel the exact same if I were in your shoes.

Not to mention the rest of the professional aviation community. Something to keep in mind, if you get furloughed and have US Airways East on your resume.

Bottom line is, most of the industry thinks USAir East are a bunch of wankers.
You guys are now the poster boys and girls for self service.

Look JT8D... don't use my opinions of ALPA to further your cause of trying to justify that USAPA abortion.

You wanted DOH and DOH alone. You didn't get it; you wanted arbitration. The result didn't come the way you wanted, so you mob-imposed your will upon another pilot group that rescued you from certain doom by using sheer numbers in an attempt to rewrite the seniority list as you see fit.

I may hate ALPA, but to me, what USAPA is doing is equivalent of scabbing which most of us hate way worse than ALPA.

You're my favorite Aloha driver! God Speed to your next and better endevor (aviation or otherwise)!! Some people just don't get it, do they??

Here is the definition of a scab since most of you apparently think it applies to anyone who does anything you don't agree with:

The term "scab," in the context of unions, is a highly derogatory "fighting word" that refers to people who continue to work during strike action by trade unionists. The act of working during a strike is also known as crossing the picket line (and, often, physically requires crossing a picket line) and can result in passive and/or active retaliation against that working person.

Hey W.L.;
What's your little dictionary state about the terms INTEGRITY & BINDING ARBITRATION?? When you kids start abiding by those terms, perhaps you'll see the SCAB term less used.

Your little vote has managed to galvanize a "get-along to go-along" group. We are now seeing red because we saw too many yellow bellies. Game on.

This letter is on the AWALPA website, and I think it says it perfectly... While I have no dog in this fight, I believe my former AWE colleagues have been wronged.

http://crewroom.alpa.org/awa/DesktopModules/ViewAnnDocument.aspx?DocumentID=14283

Fight the good fight AWE!

But reading the letter, who doesnt think of the scene in Animal House, after the frat has had their visit from Dean Wormer..

Bluto's right.
Psychotic...
but absolutely right.

We got to take these bastards
We could fight them
with conventional weapons.

That could take years and
cost millions of lives.

In this case...
I think we have to go all out

I think this situation absolutely requires...
a really futile and stupid gesture...
be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it

In this case, however, the AWE pilots will win in the end.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back