• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh and Bad Andy..........you are a coward to wear the scabby yellow lanyard to get a ride to work.

Glad you voted ALPA.

Wearing that yellow POS around your neck to avoid confrontation is about as low as one can get.

If you're going to stay in this industry, I suggest you grow a set right now and show your true colors, not to appease the tyranny.

Your actions prove that you could be a pawn later on when flying the line.

Capt.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Here is the definition of a scab since most of you apparently think it applies to anyone who does anything you don't agree with:

The term "scab," in the context of unions, is a highly derogatory "fighting word" that refers to people who continue to work during strike action by trade unionists. The act of working during a strike is also known as crossing the picket line (and, often, physically requires crossing a picket line) and can result in passive and/or active retaliation against that working person.

Marty MCDU and JT8D, have got to be the most uninformed, stupidest, uneducated, self serving, arrogant, belittling, childest, POS's i've ever read posts from.
Capt.

Well, Capt, there's plenty of that going around. Your boys are childish, belittling, and arrogant as well. Everything written here by west pilots is spun Bill O'Reilly-style for maximum impact. But that doesn't make it all true.

Do you guys know how to read an SEC filing?? I didn't think so. Your asses were saved, and your titanic ship takes down the life vests provided for you.
Capt.

Do YOU know how to read an SEC filing? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you do, but that in this case you are only inferring that it said what you wanted to hear. US Air was saved, but not by YOU, not by Doug, and certainly not by any massive amount of money generated by your LCC operations there in the desert. Why don't you give this one a break. How many times does your management have to tell you that this merger saved your jobs too before you guys drop this tired little rant?

You vote in a union with a goal to screw the livelihoods of those that saved you from greeting folks at Wal-Mart, and have no integrity or dignity, and you blame us for all of your previous woes.
Capt.

Well now, there's an intelligent, well thought out sentiment. I've never heard anyone blame AWA for U's previous woes. Nor would I bet on any of us, East or West, greeting people at WalMart. Perhaps this is just an example of you, Capt, being arrogant, belittling, childish?

Wow........you guys are pieces of work.

I hope all of the money you put into USCABA bites you in the ass as lost income when that scabby union is either BK'd by a merger or your scabby FO bradford figures out he can't run a union with a fcuked up lawyer.

Cheers to you dickheads.

Capt.

Wow, that's not what I hope at all. I hope we can all come to an agreement that actually preserves everyone's pre-merger expectations and move on with it. I know you all think Nic does that, but how do you explain Dave having 1200 guys behind him for furlough fodder overnight, and an A330 fleet, and 767 fleet, suddenly available to your pilots. Were either of these part of YOUR pre-merger expectations?

ALPA failed. They failed to listen to their membership, and they failed miserably at representing a pilot group that had faithfully given and given and given, every time ALPA said it was necessary. They exposed their true colors at the end, making very clear that it was our dues money, and that alone, that they wanted. They were lying their butts off every day in a desperate attempt to keep us.

ALPA's been around so long here that no one on property ever had a choice about membership. While all of you shamefully throw around the word "scab," diluting its meaning and purpose every time you do it, it doesn't change the fact that there are real scabs on your list. Actual, picket line crossing scabs. I hope we can at least fence them in PHX and LAS forever.

But for the rest of you, I wish the best. I hope that everything you had pre-merger is still yours, and that we all have some added job security due to critical mass.

Cheers to you guys....for real.

Last edited:
Oh and Bad Andy..........you are a coward to wear the scabby yellow lanyard to get a ride to work.

Glad you voted ALPA.

Wearing that yellow POS around your neck to avoid confrontation is about as low as one can get.

If you're going to stay in this industry, I suggest you grow a set right now and show your true colors, not to appease the tyranny.

Your actions prove that you could be a pawn later on when flying the line.

If that's your opinion, then so be it... Coward or not, I still put my job ahead of some stupid union squabbling. Talking about stupid, you mentioned:
Marty MCDU and JT8D, have got to be the most uninformed, stupidest, uneducated, self serving, arrogant, belittling, childest, POS's i've ever read posts from.

I hate to tell you, but most of you militant west guys fall into that category. You have something more powerful than anything else on your side -- the law. And yet, you are willing to risk throwing away almost certain victory with idiotic, childish actions ("We'll burn the house down, etc"). Talk about stupid. A smart man will work within the process, when he is sure he is in the right and will win. But, there is a whole lot that awaaaaaaaaappa is encouraging outside the legal process. You think that will help or hurt your cause? If you think it helps, good luck with that...

Anyways, back to my hole to cower in fear from the brave and daring internet posters that saved the world. Maybe I can "grow a set" someday and not be afraid to man-up and insult people behind an anonymous screen name on the internet... But until then, I'm going back into hiding and watch you idiots destroy yourselves. Hopefully wherever my next job is, there are no easties or westies...

No one wants to answer my question about the professional 737 pilot?

imacdog,

I highly doubt that guy took an unpaved shortcut because he was racing another airplane. That was a rumored 'impression' of another pilot who described what happened.

I believe he just made a mistake, which happens. The timing, however, was not great considering 2723 people had just voted to greatly reduce the protection we had from such boneheaded actions so that they could attempt to undue binding arbitration.

He was probably just tired from working like an RJ pilot on LOA93 all day, hungry from no crew meals and in need of a new pair of bifocals. ;-)

There was an interesting comment posted by a West pilot the next day though....while pushing back, an East pilot blocked their call to ground with the words "USAPA ROCKS"....in the distance was the East 737 in the grass. Things that make you go hmmm....

I hope we can all come to an agreement that actually preserves everyone's pre-merger expectations and move on with it -- I thought we tried that?. I know you all think Nic does that, but how do you explain Dave having 1200 guys behind him for furlough fodder overnight, --those 1200 pilots behind him were on furlough already, not exactly of any use to dave as furlough protection and an A330 fleet, and 767 fleet, suddenly available to your pilots -- I don't think the majority of the AWA pilots had/ have any problems with fencing off the 330/767 for the East domiciles. Were either of these part of YOUR pre-merger expectations?

I hope that everything you had pre-merger is still yours, and that we all have some added job security due to critical mass. --So you support me being placed on the list that will allow me an 8 yr. narrow body upgrade?
quote]

In the end I think Nic. was fair because:
- putting long term fences around domiciles is only fair in a static environment, which this is not. When AWA was its own gig, the focus had to be on PHX/ LAS. Doug had to do the best he could with that so all the growth goes there. Once we merge, doug has to do whats best in the new enviroment, and that may mean growing only the East bases. So growth that would have come to PHX may now goes to PHL because they can get a little more bang for the buck out there.
- AAA had furloughed so deep that DOH was totally skewed. Had the list went straight DOH furloughed guys would become captains. If it would have went DOH for active with no-bump-flush provisions I think the AWA guys could have bought off on it but ask the most senior AAA guy on furlough if thats fair. Before the merger he and the most junior active AAA pilot where only one apart - if you do DOH for the active pilots they now would have 90% of the AWA list between them.

I'm not mad at the AAA pilots for doing everything they can to get everything for themselves - its the american way. I just wish the AAA pilots would be man enough to say you'll destory whatever it takes to get everything you can, rather than play this poor me roll of ALPA unfair - nic.'s unfair.

I am mad however that in their scortched earth process they have left me totally exposed without a real union. Exposed both in terms of company/ FAA action as well as lost life/ loss lic. insurance. And I'm sick-n-fking tired of hearing that the AWA guys got a windfall - 4 years on reserve and at least that many added to my upgrade (not including age 65!). No windfall here thats for sure.

Last edited:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=69043&page=4

That's really odd Marty, Looking at your past posts,(12-26-05) it would seem you have nothing to do with US Air prior to 2006. Doesn't really seem like a 26 year PHL F.O. posted all those old messages.

Again, Do you really work for US Air or do you just have some kind of lame axe to grind with ALPA? I'm guessing the latter.

Hmmm...makes you wonder why someone that has no dog in this fight would waste so much of his time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back