USAPA is serious this time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From armyofleonidas.org:

We had a meet and greet with the attorneys this week. Marty Harper spoke for about a half an hour concerning the trial and where we go from here. Dr. Jacob made a presentation that recapped the arguments presented by either side, the applicable law, and he discussed the jury instructions. Plaintiff John Bostic discussed the career progression charts involving several of the plaintiffs. Finally, we would like to emphasize a very prescient statement made by Attorney Katie Brown. She stood up in a rather impromptu manner when someone asked a rhetorical question about what the plaintiffs had won. Her answer was quite clear (paraphrasing):

The West pilots have won quite a lot as USAPA's DOH is now dead. Without this lawsuit, USAPA would have likely prevailed in its DOH quest and every West pilot would not be worrying about remedies, but instead each of you would be witnessing the destruction of your career as East pilots who brought nothing more to the merger other than furloughs would be jumping ahead of most West pilots.

Last edited:
You Westies are a piece of work.

I thought this ..wha wha wha wha wha ....at its purest. :crying:

Longevity has everything to do with DOH.

Everything is based on DOH.

The greedy- I .. wha wha wha wha....the big picture.

M

Don't worry Marty. Nicolau & the two neutrals got the big picture. Judge Wake and nine jurors got the big picture. More jurors will get the big picture starting August 11th. The Board of Appeals will surely get the big picture. The Supreme Court will laugh your big picture out of the courtroom. AND nearly EVERY OTHER professional aviator and any other property gets the big picture.:smash:

Please go to your airline's website and peddle your opinion there. It is not required or desired here.

I'm with MCDU on this one. Nic, with conditions and restrictions. Fortunately, these have already been agreed upon.

1. Final
2. Binding

MDA was a recall and MDA pilots had jobs. The evidence will prove that MDA was in fact USAIR and thus a wrong list was used to determine SLI. There never was airline MDA. MDA was like Continental Micronesia.
The judge will the force the Nic invalid, due to a wrong list be used and placing active E 170 captains with 18 years behind a probation pilot.

The problem is the E-170 is an RJ. Sorry, but even if I accept that the MDA pilots were active USAir pilots, I personally would still put them below a mainline AWA pilot. I don't think the MDA issue will go anywhere.

AWA brought worthless jobs to the merger. Good that SLI is not done. It would be all EAST furloughs.

M
US Airways To Cut 400 Flight Attendants

Jun 15, 2009
By Darren Shannon
USAirwaysA320ground-USAirways.jpg
US Airways is planning to reduce its flight attendant ranks by about 400 staff due to a lower-than-expected rate of attrition and planned capacity cuts for the fall.
In the carrier’s internal newsletter AboutUS the carrier requested voluntary leaves of absence and furloughs, but warned it would impose the cuts if required.
About 300 of the cuts are planned for US Airways’ Las Vegas and Phoenix bases, while the remaining 100 are planned for Boston, Charlotte, New York LaGuardia, Philadelphia and Washington’s National Airport.
“Several factors have contributed to flight attendant overstaffing,” US Airways told its employees. “Over the past year, numerous adjustments have been made to the airline’s schedule to address a decline in passenger traffic brought about by a weakening worldwide economy. The pull-down in flights led to reductions in force in the pilot, agent, ramp, management and other work groups totaling about 1,300 positions.
“Overstaffing in the flight attendant group was expected to be absorbed through a combination of normal attrition (i.e. employees retiring or simply leaving their job) and/or various voluntary leave of absence programs that the airline has been offering. Unfortunately, this did not happen and when combined with a reduction in our fall schedule, it’s become necessary to adjust flight attendant staffing to better match current and near-term flying levels,” the carrier added.
US Airways noted that that attrition among its West Coast-based flight attendants — employees that once worked for America West Airlines — has been almost 58% lower than the norm.
The carrier explained the majority of cuts are affecting Las Vegas and Phoenix because “our most significant capacity reductions in flying since last summer have been [from these two airports], including the elimination of Las Vegas night flying” (DAILY, Feb. 23). The other cuts are due entirely to the reduced fall schedule, said US Airways.
Hector Adler, VP of inflight services, said, “These are difficult times and we don’t make decisions like this lightly. I want to stress that we have waited as long as we could to address our overstaffing situation, hoping that attrition and other voluntary leave options would offset the need for today’s [June 11] action.”
Photo: US Airways

you like Gunther. Women love Gunther. I love Gunther. He is my p*ssycat.

M

Correct me if I am wrong, but the MDA suit is only looking for money at this point on from what I have read. They are not seeking anything but compensation for damages. I know USAPA is seeking snap backs and lost pension money also, but this MDA dream is on the PACER system for all to see.

I think the MDA folks got the double twisting back shaft! But that is ALPA's fault on the USAirways side, not the west's problem. So the west should not have to come up with a remedy for them. ALPA and the east should be held responsible.

Latest resources

Back