• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA is serious this time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think there's even the slightest chance in hell that Doogie is going to enforce your agency shop provisions for you? :rolleyes:

I bet Doogie would if he needed pilot positions eliminated. For him it would be strictly a business decision...non emotional.

Professional pilots tend to forget that this is a business first and foremost, and not a "passion".

Shareholders are Numero Uno.

I bet Doogie would if he needed pilot positions eliminated. For him it would be strictly a business decision...non emotional.

Professional pilots tend to forget that this is a business first and foremost, and not a "passion".

Shareholders are Numero Uno.

Doogie knows that the litigation that would ensue wouldn't be worth the efforts. He's better off furloughing from the bottom than getting involved in the labor battles.

Doogie knows that the litigation that would ensue wouldn't be worth the efforts. He's better off furloughing from the bottom than getting involved in the labor battles.

That is exactly my point. Technically he has labor law on his side. USAPA is the shop union...no dues...technically you can be fired. Since when has airline management been afraid of litigation???

Personally, I feel sorry for all involved...I don't think anyone thinking clearly thinks US Airways is gonna make it outta this ...

He's better off furloughing from the bottom than getting involved in the labor battles.

Let's hope for no more furloughs. If there are more layoffs in the future, it will likely be from the seniority list the company has accepted.

yawn...
bedtime...

MCDU, you're back! Good, you can answer my question now. What is the plan if usapa loses? There is now a good possibility that will happen. What plan does usapa have going forward if they lose the appeal? I am going to ask you every time you chime in on a thread until you answer me. East and west need a credible plan for contract negotiations regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit. Usapa hasn't shown that they have any plan, credible or otherwise. So what's going on, oh informed one?

The germane expenses that you're referring to also include contract maintenance (discipline protection, grievance filings, arbitrations, etc...). It's not just negotiations. Usually it's not a whole lot less than normal dues, and with a union like USAPA that doesn't do a whole hell of a lot of lobbying in DC, you would probably see very little adjustment from normal dues.

"What in the Hell do the Germans have to do with this.... Funny you sounded taller on radio..."

another hint-

"Don't you ever, EVER threaten your Daddy like that again. When I get home I'm punchin' your Momma in the mouth because there ain't KNOW WAY you came from my loins...."

Anyone? anyone?

MCDU, you're back! Good, you can answer my question now. What is the plan if usapa loses? There is now a good possibility that will happen. What plan does usapa have going forward if they lose the appeal? I am going to ask you every time you chime in on a thread until you answer me. East and west need a credible plan for contract negotiations regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit. Usapa hasn't shown that they have any plan, credible or otherwise. So what's going on, oh informed one?

The plan is to never let the Nic be implemented. Voting down the contract, or worst case they will burn the place down. The FAA is also involved and they know that the Nic will not work, when you have someone with 18 yrs pulling gear for a 4 year guy that is now furloughed. Unsafe. Just like when Westies claim a East J/S is unsafe and distracting.

If USAPA loses, no contract will be voted for with the NIC the way it is. Back to ALPA stalemate. So, as long as no SLI occurs with the Nic, the East is doing its job in protecting their jobs they had at the time. Seperate ops forever I guess. No money in the world can give you your seniority number back. West keep their planes and East keeps theirs.

One more time: They can not implement a list without a joint contract. That is how ALPA hoped a compromise could be found.The EAST had veto power and ALPA hoped that the West could agree on protections for East jobs. That would have given ALPA enough votes to stay on. But when the West wanted it all and did not agree to give any protections for East jobs and without any hope of a Joint contract due to the Nic turd an independent pilot union was formed to get rid of the stalemate.

ALPA hoped they could get the West to agree on a compromise, because unlike the Air Wisconsin MVA merger, USAIR outnumbered the West 2 to 1. and USAIR did not want to go into trusteeship like Air Wisconsin. they needede out to protect the few jobs they had after downsizing to min. fleet.

Once again.This is not the first merger that ended up like this. The difference is that this time it happened to a pilot group that was much bigger. You would think ALPA would have learned that their merger policy is a simple guide line that has to go to arbitration. There is a reason that no other employee group uses such a controversial method. DOH works. It might be a tough pill to swallow, but in the end, it is fair. all airline DOH mergers go alot smoother. DOH with C and R work, because in also allows for protections of Capt seat. What it does not allow is a windfall.

The West wants to change that and hopes the judge forces a SLI, but that will not happen, because he would then change the merger policy they agreed to. So basically, if USAPA loses in the end, it will be a stalemate.

How about the Nic with the same conditions and restrictions the West would get if DOH was used. I bet all East pilots would agree on that. So , how about it Westies. Lets use the Nic with conditions and restrictions you would get under DOH.

Another thing to watch out for is the MDA suit that is moving along. The courts will determine Midatlantic pilots had jobs and that the Arbitrator used a wrong list. ALPA is being sued. You can not hold an ALPA position and be furloughed. MDA was a recall and MDA pilots had jobs. The evidence will prove that MDA was in fact USAIR and thus a wrong list was used to determine SLI. There never was airline MDA. MDA was like Continental Micronesia.
The judge will the force the Nic invalid, due to a wrong list be used and placing active E 170 captains with 18 years behind a probation pilot.

M

Last edited:
You Westies are a piece of work.

Longevity has everything to do with DOH.

Everything is based on DOH.

M

Too bad the binding arbitration (that you agreed to) decided otherwise - both with you guys and NW/DAL.

The difference is the new DAL group licked their wounds and got to work.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back