• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA/APA and arbitration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must cultivate such ignorance with the fertilizer USAPA supplies. Are you making plans for a big VDR with your handful of USAPA loyalists?

Panic much?

you ratified an mou that specified the sli would be consistent with mb...not exactly mb itself. The nmb could care less about sli. It's all addressed in the mou you agreed to. The apa know how to be a union, ustupid does not. I'm not at all worried about the apa. As long as uskkabba dies a quick painful death, i'm happy.

"consistent" :)

This makes you stupid.

I'll take the APA any day over this fake SKKABB union that has cause over a billion dollars worth of damage to it's own pilot group. USAPA is nothing but an organized crime syndicate...the dumbest, most ineffective band of idiotic criminals to ever fumble their way through life.:laugh:

Said the man who pays the highest dues in the industry so that his "leaders" could force him to remain on BK wages for a decade even after management unilaterally offered a raise.

Yeah, bow to the expert.

Did I mention USAPA? You missed the point but I don't expect much from you and your buds.

well, I guess we can't move completely away from slap-fighting. But this situation comes across as odd. So the JCBA comes first? Is that in your MOU? So when APA is in charge, they pick merger committees, or do they just assign the current merger committee at USAPA to the other side of the table?

The reason I'm asking is that it seems possibile, if non-plausible, that the APA could assign hand-picked pilots to "represent" US Airways pilot's interests during an arbitration and completely dismiss their current merger committee, or whatever USAPA calls it. That seems a bit too much in APA's favor, how do they deal with DFR if they get to hand-pick both sides of the arbitration table?

well, I guess we can't move completely away from slap-fighting. But this situation comes across as odd. So the JCBA comes first? Is that in your MOU? So when APA is in charge, they pick merger committees, or do they just assign the current merger committee at USAPA to the other side of the table?

The reason I'm asking is that it seems possibile, if non-plausible, that the APA could assign hand-picked pilots to "represent" US Airways pilot's interests during an arbitration and completely dismiss their current merger committee, or whatever USAPA calls it. That seems a bit too much in APA's favor, how do they deal with DFR if they get to hand-pick both sides of the arbitration table?
Versus writing a single SLI methodology into your so-called constitution and then claiming you are forced to use it because it's in there?

Because APA is the representative (de facto) of the new American regardless of USAPA's lame-duck status, they will do very little of the SLI process other than hand over their list and the combined AWA/US list which was previously accepted by US management - the Nic. By sending it directly to arbitration they absolve themselves of any DFR responsibility.

Unless they do something completely stupid like feigning surprise at the arbitrators award and then try to overturn it. But who in their right mind would try that knowing they would face a losing DFR case?

Again.

BTW- Radar, you seem to have asked the same question a number of times. Is there a different answer you are hoping to get?

Latest resources

Back