• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA and the Domicile meeting for PHX/LAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do they have a duty to represent non-members?

Because it's the law.

The right to be the exclusive bargaining agent for pilots at LCC also brings with it the duty to fairly represent all pilots of the bargaining unit whether they are members or not.

Hopefully it's a quick death this time and not the slow decades long bleeding that characterizes US Air.

haha....now that sounds like some wishful thinking!

If anything dies it will be the west coast flying. The bean counters will kill it as things tighten up economically. Know history, and you will see the future :)

As for membership, every rep I've spoken with has said the same thing: you guys all tried to sign up with the understanding that you'd never ever pay dues of any kind....not even what is required for maintenence of the contract.

So, you get what you pay for, I guess.

As far as lowest of the low...yeah, I guess all the CAL scabs and the UAL scabs and the AWA scabs (Ansett Airlines) are great union folks. For your group, the West pilot group with the actual picket line crossing dirty scabs, I guess if it happens below the equator you don't get too worked up about it, eh? Figure you can come back here to the USA and act all bad @ss like you're strong, union guys.

Well, you're weak. You should legitimately join USAPA and make a go of this. Big fence....let's go.

well there was an interesting court case the other day involving the NFLPA (NFL Players Association). A jury awarded a group of dis-affected members $27 million because the association did not negotiate on their behalf. It was a case in San Fran but that is the same court system as PHX and will be a directly controlling case. I think it is a very similar claim as the west pilots are making. USAPA knows they are in trouble and they are grasping at straws to give the appearance of fair representation. For a group of generally good guys (the east pilots) USAPA makes them all look like ******************************s.

Because it's the law.

The right to be the exclusive bargaining agent for pilots at LCC also brings with it the duty to fairly represent all pilots of the bargaining unit whether they are members or not.

Doesn't the same group of laws also state that a closed shop employee must pay union dues as a condition of employment? It is my understanding that not all pilots are paying their union dues because they don't agree with the union. Does the union still have to represent people in bad standing?

haha....now that sounds like some wishful thinking!

If anything dies it will be the west coast flying. The bean counters will kill it as things tighten up economically. Know history, and you will see the future :)

That's exactly the point. In your future no airline will be their to save your @ss again, because everyone knows how they will be treated. I say slow and painfull.

Sounds like a question for USAPA leadership not flighinfo experts. One day I wish for all of us at US Airways to figure things out. East vs. West aside maybe we can all come together and push forward with our careers. Maybe Doug will accept the pay rates submitted by USAPA. I may just be wishful thinking, but we have a great group of pilots(East and West).

Your kidding, right?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Yes. The only way the union gets out of it's obligation to represent is to request to have the delinquent non-payer's employment terminated.

But USAPA doesn't even represent fairly the interests of the non-members who are in good standing. Instead the stomp around like children demanding relevance and respect and deserving neither.

The paid-up non-members don't get any sort of access to their so-called reps from Charlotte (members who, by the way are being asked to pay the same as members for other bases while receiving only a portion of their reps time and attention). Do they post the names and addresses of the CLT reps and the chairmen of the commitees on the CLT local? Nope!

Do they allow access to their website (the only source of information concerning USAPA) to paid-up non-members? Nope!

Are they performing their duty to the paid-up non-members by actively negotiating section 6 for the west pilots in parallel with joint negotiations? Nope!

In short, a non-member in good standing receives just as little representation as the one in bad standing, and the CLT member in good standing is going to receive less representation as their reps are forced to deal with PHX (the largest base) and LAS issues.

But somehow I think the CLT pilots know just how little time will be spent on those issues. Right now, less than 8 hours in 8 months.

That's like saying Hitler "disagreed" with the Jews.

Nice sugar coat but nobody is stupid enough to believe this is about a disagreement. This is about the total abrogation of contracts, and the tyrannical rule of the bigger group. That's it. It's not a debate, it's the larger side trying to destroy the smaller side because of an insane sense of self importance and entitlement.

The Judge will rule soon enough. That still won't fix anything though. This place is too far gone to come back. Hopefully it's a quick death this time and not the slow decades long bleeding that characterizes US Air.

Woa,big fella.... :eek: I need this place to hang in there for another 14 years . Then it can go tizz up....;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back