• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA and the Domicile meeting for PHX/LAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Financial trouble has nothing to do with my point. I never brought up the finances of the now defunct amer west or the old us airways. Neither pilot group had any handle on finances anyways. Amer west pilots didn't take pay cuts to "save us airways," just like us airways pilots didn't do anything to save amer west. If you still trust Doug after what he has done to both sides you are insane. Doug is the person furloughing the 4.5 year copilot before the 8 month copilot from the east, not us airways east pilots and not USAPA. Doug is the one to blame. We need to agree on one thing and that is to fight against Doug and not each other. We can still disagree about seniority, which we all know will be a disagreement no side will budge on. We need to grow up and at least fight the iron curtian over on Rio Salado Drive.

USAPA was just in court fighting with Doug to let this happen. 6 months ago when a grievance was filed by the west to stop the furloughs USAPA DECLINED to pursue it. No kidding your union said it was ok to furlough the more senior west pilots. It was only AFTER ucrapa was sued that they brought the grievance back. Then like I said UCRAPA argued with the company to make sure the furloughs happen to the west pilots. Some union!

Hey Idiot.... If you actually knew what was going on you woud realise that USAPA OUR union was just in court fighting WITH the company to keep more senior pilots on the street. Yup DOH only applies if it screwing the west pilots.

Don't get me wrong Doug is a lying a$$whole but a "union" that sells out it's own principles and rules to screw it's own members is a joke. Your "union is fighting to keep more senior pilots on furlough.

Take the assessment for health insurance for the furloughed pilots. Only a member in good standing can get the insurance.......WELLLLLLL their was no vehicle for a west pilot to be a member in good standing by the deadline. It was impossible for the west furloughed pilots to get the same coverage as the east pilots.

I could list a hundred more items like this but you have drank too much east coolaid.

Enjoy your career with usairways......you now work for the worst airline in history and you are a member of the biggest joke of a union.

good luck

Ps if the famed 55 year old pilot was a reverve first officer why should he immediately become a line holding captain at the expense of another younger pilot group. That's fair in your book I guess.

Wait until it happens to you.

Idiot huh? I love the professionalism you show to a fellow pilot. Since I was placed out east outside of my control you have to hate me. What a guy! It is unfortunate you post on this forum because everyone out there who doesn't know any west pilots will think they are all uneducated clowns like yourself. I apologize to all that read this. Not all of us at US Airways(east or west) are like this guy. Once again, this is not about east vs. west or doh vs. nic, but US (no pun intended) vs. Doug. Doug is no good! He is evil and he is creating more and more unnecessary issues between two pilot groups. NOT USAPA, but US AIRWAYS MANAGEMENT!!!!! When will we realize this?????

It's a good effort, HockeyFan, but I don't think you'll get through to the West pilots who live, er, I mean, post here on FI.com

Their lack of professionalism here mimics the worst of the stunts the West pilot group has pulled in public. Thinks like: Placing a large poster against the pedestal of the Bus during boarding so that passengers could read their inane, false accusations about scabs and whatnot. Assaulting east pilot in PHX terminal (got fired for that one.) Stranding east non revs in LAS in favor of junior West employees (got fired for that, too.....broke several fedral laws in the process....not even the mighty ALPA could save that guy.)

No, these guys are a class act :) I actually know several West pilots who are good guys, but their rhetoric and lack of prefessionalism here makes them all look foolish.

Idiot huh? I love the professionalism you show to a fellow pilot. Since I was placed out east outside of my control you have to hate me. What a guy! It is unfortunate you post on this forum because everyone out there who doesn't know any west pilots will think they are all uneducated clowns like yourself. I apologize to all that read this. Not all of us at US Airways(east or west) are like this guy. Once again, this is not about east vs. west or doh vs. nic, but US (no pun intended) vs. Doug. Doug is no good! He is evil and he is creating more and more unnecessary issues between two pilot groups. NOT USAPA, but US AIRWAYS MANAGEMENT!!!!! When will we realize this?????

You have no idea what my history is with USAir.

That being said you spout some drivle about how you are sorry others have to read this and that I'm un professional yet you do not refute ANYTHING I said.

UCRAPA and the east pilots made this an east vs west fight not Doug. Lets see...

It was the east pilots that decided on the all or nothing DOH stance (all the while the arbitrator was saying DOH would not work).

It was not the west pilots that threw a tantrum after the Nic was published. (EAP program....come on.....really)

It was not the west pilots that REFUSED to negoitate a new contract while the company was making HUGE profits.

It was the east pilots that decided they didn't want to abide by an arbitration that THEY AREED to.

It was the east pilots that decided to make a new union with the STATED goal of screwing over 1/3 of the pilots.

It was the east pilots that decided to run a "union" with representatives for 1/3 of the pilot group.

It was the east pilots that sided with the company when it came to furloughing out of DOH order because it mostly effected the west.

It was the east pilots that offered to have a vote on the furloughed pilots health insurance with FULL knowledge the NOT one east pilot could have been member in good standing before the deadline.

It was the east pilots that made an agreement with the company to transfer the 6 most junior pilots back to the east side so they would not get furloughed. Then sided with the company and said it was impossible to transfer the west pilots to the east so they could bump junior probationary pilots. Separate operations only applies when it benefits the east

Shall I go on..........?

You may be the best guy in the world, but you open yourself up to discussions and dissenting opinions when you post on an open web board. Especially when you suggest that the fight is with Doug and not a "union" that is openly trying to take my job. In fact USAPA has taken the jobs of 90 pilots while probationary pilots still collect a paycheck. Again, USAPA fought with the company to allow this.

You are right that this shoud be a fight agaist dougwiesr but the actions of the east and your pi$$ed off FO club "union" had made it an east west fight.

Honestly do you think a union that needs two police officers to come to their meeting is really working for all it's pilots....... Wake up... take off the rose colored glasses.

And don't question my profrssionalism due to the responses on a message board.

Last edited:
It's a good effort, HockeyFan, but I don't think you'll get through to the West pilots who live, er, I mean, post here on FI.com

Their lack of professionalism here mimics the worst of the stunts the West pilot group has pulled in public. STUNTS LIKE PLACING A USA TODAY AD? SHOOTING A HOLE IN A BUS? DOING THE BRADLEY BAJA IN A BOEING? Things like: Placing a large poster against the pedestal of the Bus during boarding so that passengers could read their inane, false accusations about scabs and whatnot. Assaulting east pilot in PHX terminal (got fired for that one.) FIRED, REALLY? - NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT ONE......... Stranding east non revs in LAS in favor of junior West employees (got fired for that, too.....broke several fedral laws in the process....not even the mighty ALPA could save that guy.) FIRED, TOO? - NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT ONE EITHER.........

No, these guys are a class act :) I actually know several West pilots who are good guys, but their rhetoric and lack of prefessionalism here makes them all look foolish. HELLO POT, MEET KETTLE!!

Here's your sign.............

You have no idea what my history is with USAir.

That being said you spout some drivle about how you are sorry others have to read this and that I'm un professional yet you do not refute ANYTHING I said.

UCRAPA and the east pilots made this an east vs west fight not Doug. Lets see...

It was the east pilots that decided on the all or nothing DOH stance (all the while the arbitrator was saying DOH would not work).

It was not the west pilots that threw a tantrum after the Nic was published. (EAP program....come on.....really)

It was not the west pilots that REFUSED to negoitate a new contract while the company was making HUGE profits.

It was the east pilots that decided they didn't want to abide by an arbitration that THEY AREED to.

It was the east pilots that decided to make a new union with the STATED goal of screwing over 1/3 of the pilots.

It was the east pilots that decided to run a "union" with representatives for 1/3 of the pilot group.

It was the east pilots that sided with the company when it came to furloughing out of DOH order because it mostly effected the west.

It was the east pilots that offered to have a vote on the furloughed pilots health insurance with FULL knowledge the NOT one east pilot could have been member in good standing before the deadline.

It was the east pilots that made an agreement with the company to transfer the 6 most junior pilots back to the east side so they would not get furloughed. Then sided with the company and said it was impossible to transfer the west pilots to the east so they could bump junior probationary pilots. Separate operations only applies when it benefits the east

Shall I go on..........?

You may be the best guy in the world, but you open yourself up to discussions and dissenting opinions when you post on an open web board. Especially when you suggest that the fight is with Doug and not a "union" that is openly trying to take my job. In fact USAPA has taken the jobs of 90 pilots while probationary pilots still collect a paycheck. Again, USAPA fought with the company to allow this.

USAPA is trying get better pay and work rules, but also asking for DOH. Once again we will never agreee on it's practices, just like we would never agree about what ALPA has done/not done for our industry. I just want to see everyone put things aside and tell Doug, "look we have our problems, but you US AIRWAYS MANAGEMENT needs to work around us. Don't expect us to fix your problems, give us new pay rates and work rules and let us operate seperately like we are right now." Doug could give us the new USAPA pay rates and work rules, but he refuses to. Look at DAL/NWA no seniority list, but new pay and contract. DOUG is to blame, Doug is to blame, and Doug is to blame. We need to be upset with Rio Salado Drive not CLT vs. PHX. DOUG is Evil!!!

It's a good effort, HockeyFan, but I don't think you'll get through to the West pilots who live, er, (GLASS HOUSE)I mean, post here on FI.com

Their lack of professionalism (professional abide by their agreement don't they)here mimics the worst of the stunts the West pilot group has pulled in public. Thinks like: Placing a large poster against the pedestal of the Bus during boarding so that passengers could read their inane, false accusations about scabs and whatnot. Assaulting east pilot in PHX terminal (got fired for that one.) Stranding east non revs in LAS in favor of junior West employees (got fired for that, too.....broke several fedral laws in the process....not even the mighty ALPA could save that guy.) Fairly sure you made up ALL of those. Good try though.

No, these guys are a class act :) I actually know several West pilots who are good guys, but their rhetoric and lack of prefessionalism here makes them all look foolish. ( Foolish? hmmmm I'm not sure you want to go there......Most FI readers think you guys are idiots at best.....)

Yawn.......waiting for MCDOOOOOOOSH to chime in.

USAPA is trying get better pay and work rules, but also asking for DOH. Once again we will never agreee on it's practices, just like we would never agree about what ALPA has done/not done for our industry. I just want to see everyone put things aside and tell Doug(So the west pilots should just roll over to the will of the east? The west should ignore a fair slotting arbitration in favor of a USAPA list that had NO input from the west pilots. A 55 year old Reserve fo should be able to be a captain just becaus of the merger?...no thanks... You started the fight not us), "look we have our problems, but you US AIRWAYS MANAGEMENT needs to work around us. Don't expect us to fix your problems, give us new pay rates and work rules and let us operate seperately like we are right now." Doug could give us the new USAPA pay rates and work rules, but he refuses to.( Reality check junior......our reps told your reps that Doug operates on the delay delay delay mo while in negotiations. You were warned, instead of fighting for a contract when the company was making money you guys threw a tantrum and took you ball and went home.........Now the company is losing money and the economy is facing the biggest recession since the 20s. and you think you are going to get a raise. Hell you could have had west book plus but remember Scabfords mantra of "our seniority is not for sale". You are right it isn't for sale, you're going to have to PAY doug to get anything you want). Look at DAL/NWA no seniority list, but new pay and contract. DOUG is to blame, Doug is to blame, and Doug is to blame ( Doug is to blame for delta being better negotiators?....more east "it's everyone elses flault not mine"....look in a mirror you might not like what you see.) We need to be upset with Rio Salado Drive not CLT vs. PHX. DOUG is Evil!!!

Next!!!

Still unable to see Doug as the problem eh senior? Keep blaming USAPA and east pilots. Keep looking in the past and not towards the future(if there is one). As for the past, I do remember the west pilots agreeing to fly the A330 for the same bankruptcty pay and work rules as the east. Never once trying to negotiate a higher pay or better work rules. Now for the future, we shall see if we make progress or more crying about how we all got hosed over(east and west).

I also think it is ridiculous that a 4.5 year copilot is being furloughed before a 8 month copilot. Who's fault? Doug! Doug makes these choices!

Doug (and EVERY CEO out there) makes choices in regards to whats best for the sharholders, not whats right for the empoyees - the only thing in place to stop that is the union. Doug knew he could get away with the out of senority furlough because it only affects the west therefore USAPA wouldn't spend a second defending against it. So Dougs doing what CEO's have been trying to do for decades - but its the "union" that allowed him do it. If you and the majority of the East can't (or refuse to) see it for what its worth, hypocracy of the DOH mantra, then you're blind.

Latest resources

Back