• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA and the Domicile meeting for PHX/LAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On that same note, would it be unreasonable to expect the ex amer west pilots to abandon NIC for now, move on unified and build a winning airline? Not likely! We will have to agree to disagree. Oh well, our fate is in Doug's hands now!!

Abandoning the NIC award gives tacit approval to abrogating binding arbitration. Abandoning DOH, on the other hand, allows the integration to proceed, a joint contract to be implemented and seniority to be revisited during the next contract cycle. By following the rules, USAPA gains credibility and maybe relevance in the future.

Implementing the NIC allows USAPA to clearly avoid any appearance of impropriety by fulfilling it's obligation to the west pilot which it inherited from ALPA. After that is done, they can turn their attention to satisfying the blood lust of the extremes in the east (should there be sufficient political will to do so).

Once the joint contract is complete and the seniority list integrated under NIC, any other moves made by a UNIFIED USAPA cannot be characterised as tyranny, but simply the will of the majority. It is really the only out that USAPA has if it wants to establish itself as a credible union.

Otherwise it's a yapping junkyard Yorkie.

give us new pay rates and work rules and let us operate seperately like we are right now." Doug could give us the new USAPA pay rates and work rules, but he refuses to. Look at DAL/NWA no seniority list, but new pay and contract. DOUG is to blame, Doug is to blame, and Doug is to blame. We need to be upset with Rio Salado Drive not CLT vs. PHX. DOUG is Evil!!!

You can't be serious...........

Why would he give any of us anything just because we think he should.

Giving the east pay parity will insure that he will never have a Joint contract with all LCC pilots. If he can enjoy east flying at a discount, why wouldn't he do that for as long as usapa wants to chase its tail over a new seniority list.

Fast

I'm on the street after 4 years, I brought a job to this merger. Yet you... a new hire is still providing for your family.....you have alot to learn about people and this industry.

You brought a worthless job to the merger. AWA would have been gone had they not merged. USair East is subsidizing the operations out west since the merger. Very low revenue out West. Maybe they will close the whole West down. Then the Westies do not have to worry about USAPA anymore.

By the way. New seniority numbers are out for East pilots. Still lots of attrition. Many have moved up quite a deal. To bad we are still shrinking. Without the attrition we would have seen a lot more furloughs out East.

By the way most former USAIR East furloughed pilots are holding blocks and are flying Widebodies to Europe again, just like the did prior to 9/11/2001.
This thanks to the min. block hours and min hull required by LOA 93. These are East jobs bought to the merger and Westies want them. Westies want to take East positions and they want to fly Widebodies. If not, they would agree to a long fence.

AWA pilot group just like the prop 8 group out in CAL.

M

Can not wait for some of junior Westies who infest this board to chime in.

Isn't all the flying being done by returning furloughees, a result of the Merger? If you say no, then please offer some sort of proof that they would be doing that same flying now without the merger.

Fast

On that same note, would it be unreasonable to expect the ex amer west pilots to abandon NIC for now, move on unified and build a winning airline? Not likely! We will have to agree to disagree. Oh well, our fate is in Doug's hands now!!

Yea, that'll happen....NOT. Don't worry though, the AWA group is unified like never before. Our fate is in the court system's hands. Parker won't do anthing until the court system says he has to, and then he will look to Bradford and Seham and say "Sorry guys, they made me do it."

Isn't all the flying being done by returning furloughees, a result of the Merger? If you say no, then please offer some sort of proof that they would be doing that same flying now without the merger.

Fast

SiouxHockeyFan...do you want to take this question? I see you are on the 190 but weren't a returning furlough.

Sioux, what you fail to realize is that the East pretends to want to use the NIC as a starting point vs. DOH *(Giving the appearance they are willing to negotiate an agreement. Don't believe it, anything besides DOH is unacceptable to them).

The NIC award was a blending of the West proposal and the East proposal. It's the middle of the ice, so why should we then work toward a "middle ground" from there? That means the "new middle" would theoretically be 75% of what they originally asked for.

Yea, that'll happen....NOT. Don't worry though, the AWA group is unified like never before. Our fate is in the court system's hands. Parker won't do anthing until the court system says he has to, and then he will look to Bradford and Seham and say "Sorry guys, they made me do it."

Cactusboy-Well I guess we all have an opinion in regards to the debaucle we all call US Airways. As I await another certified letter asking me to go back to work I shall sit and only hope for the best in regards to us all. When I say all I mean US AIR, AMER WEST, and all of us hired and placed east or west after the merger. Maybe one day we will see lanyards around our necks that say "Seniority and Integrity Matters." That would be a treat for all to see. A pilot group with solidarity.

Maybe one day we will see lanyards around our necks that say "Seniority and Integrity Matters." That would be a treat for all to see. A pilot group with solidarity.

Yes, that would be consistent with following the Nic award. That award was based on relative seniority, not longevity. There is a difference, as you know.

Maybe he does,but I betcha alot of his new-found flying buddies don't.

PHXFLYR:cool:

The NIC award was a blending of the West proposal and the East proposal. It's the middle of the ice, so why should we then work toward a "middle ground" from there?

God help me you guys actually believe this stuff....hilarious.

BTW there are over 500 West pilots who are members, applications accepted and all. However, very few of them are in good standing, something that has absolutely nothing to do with USAPA and everything to do with the fact that no dues are being paid.

None of what has been said on this thread about USAPA delaying or not acting on the applications is true. Zero.

You guys lie so much on this forum (and others, from what I hear), and I wonder: what exactly do you think you're accomplishing? Pretty funny, really.

Good luck with the DFR suit. I think Doug put it to you pretty well in that last meeting. He made it very clear that USAPA is the union for pilots at US Airways; your choice to not let them represent you is just that: your choice.

Conditions and Restrictions.....you ought to look into them and get real about what you really deserve in this deal. With LAS and PHX looking at a 25% reduction in revenue, do you guys ever look in the mirror and wonder: "who saved who?" Once you stop your pompus giggle, think again about how many times East management had cried wolf about CH7 over that past two decades. The east coast is where the money is, and accountants have done a masterful job over the years of making sure that money ended up in the hands of the CEO, COO, CFO, CXO, CBO, CGO, every f-in CandO type other than the blue collar workers at this joint.

Finally, ALPA is gone. If you'd get off the Intenet, pay your legally required dues, and go to a BPR meeting, you'd soon realize how much better off we are than having that lame bunch of self serving, bureaucratic a$$holes happy to run our QOL into the ground so long as they don't have to go fly the line under the s h i t t y contracts they allowed to get passed on to the membership.

Latest resources

Back