USAPA and the Domicile meeting for PHX/LAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MK82Man

The following “announcement” of a Phoenix and Las Vegas Domicile Meeting Notice was sent on USAPA Letterhead to West US Airways Members in Good Standing (dated 3 Nov) and received by some folks on Thursday, 6 Nov for a “short notice” combined domicile meeting on Veteran’s Day, Tuesday, the 11th. IE, 3 business days notice for a domicile meeting.

November 3, 2008

Phoenix and Las Vegas Domicile Meeting Notice

In accordance with the USAPA Constitution and By Laws and the USAPA Union Operating Manual, there will be a Phoenix and Las Vegas Domicile Meeting on November 11th at 1600. The USAPA Constitution and Bylaws provides that the nearest geographic domicile with representation will represent the members of a domicile that is not represented. Charlotte, NC is the nearest domicile to both Phoenix and Las Vegas and therefore those representatives will chair this meeting. All USAPA members in good standing are welcome. This meeting will be held at the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, 4000 North Central Avenue, Suite 2360, Phoenix, Arizona. Per the USAPA C&BL, all members in good standing are welcome.

Agenda
-USAPA Officer Briefings
- Merger Committee Presentation regarding Conditions and Restrictions
- Negotiations Update
- Committee Staffing

Sincerely,

Dave XXXXXXX, Chairman, Bill XXXXXXXX, Vice-Chairman, Steve XXXXXXX, Vice-Chairman

So, here are the questions ….

- Why such short notice? Is this a future claim by USAPA to show how they are fairly representing the West? They haven’t been out West since prior to the Election, IE over 8 months. Sure doesn’t give anyone a chance to plan meeting attendance – since it has been 8 months since our last meeting, shouldn’t we have a little more notice? Why not post a Meeting Notice in the PHX/LAS Crewrooms so that folks are aware of the meeting. Why have the meeting on a Holiday, IE Veteran's Day at 4PM – maybe you didn’t really want anyone to know or to be able to attend.

- Why only members in Good Standing? Since they have prevented us for holding membership … must be voted in by your domicile, now changed to so that the PBR can vote you in (lawsuit driven), how many folks could attend anyway. How about their duty to represent Non-Members as agents of CBA? But you can’t go to the meeting and ask any questions?

- Why is LAS lumped in with PHX? We have our own domicile and are entitled to our own LEC. Maybe USAPA didn’t want to travel to LAS.

- Since when is CLT the “appointed” representatives for PHX/LAS? I’ll have to review those constantly changing C&BL’s to see if indeed CLT is the “appointed” reps for our 1700 pilots. Can’t we govern ourselves? Gosh we used to have 2 LECs and an MEC…

So here is what happened yesterday…

- All non members got kicked out. They checked IDs for everyone who was there. 20-30 AWA guys tried to attend. Only 2, as far as we know, got in.

- Two “rented” PHX cops on stand-by. This was just a union meeting, you know between pilots. What kind of pilot union has to have cops (appearance of use of force at a meeting of its members)? USAPA has a duty to represent all members, even non-members. Excluding folks, with the cops on standby (threat of arrest), is a great way to unite the pilot group and heal the wounds.

- USAPA Leadership attended and the CLT reps were there, plus their lawyer Seham

- USAPA could have had a telecom for the two members who attended, but that would have denied USAPA the appearance of holding a “West Domicile Meeting.” Talk about a waste of funds. I hope East members question the leadership about the cost of this West meeting.

- USAPA conducted a presentation about why date of hire is good for us – what about our “out of seniority Furloughees” ? – yeah Date of Hire is good for us, NOT.

Sounds like a question for USAPA leadership not flighinfo experts. One day I wish for all of us at US Airways to figure things out. East vs. West aside maybe we can all come together and push forward with our careers. Maybe Doug will accept the pay rates submitted by USAPA. I may just be wishful thinking, but we have a great group of pilots(East and West).

I may just be wishful thinking, but we have a great group of pilots(East and West).

I think the "wishful" part is you thinking you have a "great group of pilots" on the East.

They are the least honorable group of scumbags in the history of organized labor...I have little doubt history will be kind to them.

I think the "wishful" part is you thinking you have a "great group of pilots" on the East.

They are the least honorable group of scumbags in the history of organized labor...I have little doubt history will be kind to them.

Wow! Classy statement in regards to a group of pilots that disagree wtih you. Can't wait to fly with you when/if we get a combined list.

I do not have a dog in this fight but the east guys are truly the worst of the worst. What part of binding didn't they understand?

I do not have a dog in this fight but the east guys are truly the worst of the worst. What part of binding didn't they understand?

You dont have a dog in the fight, that is part of the reason YOU dont understand.

Worst of the worst... You make me laugh...

Wow! Classy statement in regards to a group of pilots that disagree wtih you. Can't wait to fly with you when/if we get a combined list.

That's like saying Hitler "disagreed" with the Jews.

Nice sugar coat but nobody is stupid enough to believe this is about a disagreement. This is about the total abrogation of contracts, and the tyrannical rule of the bigger group. That's it. It's not a debate, it's the larger side trying to destroy the smaller side because of an insane sense of self importance and entitlement.

The Judge will rule soon enough. That still won't fix anything though. This place is too far gone to come back. Hopefully it's a quick death this time and not the slow decades long bleeding that characterizes US Air.

Latest resources

Back