• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usairways Non Rev Travel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All you guys really have to stop bitching... US Airways will not be charging active employees of the affiliates a service charge fee; this only applies to retirees who have worked for the company for less than 25 years. All of the affiliates will still have the option to purchase term passes in 2004 for a fee; around $50. If you don't believe me, contact the employee travel department in Crystal City. All you 9L people are wankers anyways! Oh and for you pilots out there, don't worry, you'd have to get a real cold-hearted gate agent if they wouldn't let you jump seat. Jump seats are a universtal perk that pilots get, and there are no plans to take that away. Whoever started that rumor is a Dumbass!

I started this thread any way you need to get the facts staight our CEO of our company inform all of us yesterday that Airways was doing away with the term pass he told us in a memo so I guess he made the whole thing up. I see reading other post other contract companys got the same word.

Last edited:
It shouldn't matter if we're contracted or not. There really is no difference between us and the WO's. PSA, Piedmont, and Allegheny all get paid the same way we do. US Airways pays them based on what they fly, either FFD or Percentage. Same as us. Then the WO's pay their employees under there own conctracts, etc etc. They pay there own bills, electric, leases, fuel, de-icing, just like any contract carrier. If you WO honestly think you are U employee's, then where are you covered under U's pilot contract? Are you getting the nice paycheck enjoyed by U's pilots?

U just owns you. That's it. If you don't make a profit, then you will go bankrupt, and U will find a new hauler.

And if you WO think your any safer than a contract carrier, then why don't you ask a former Potomic pilot about their job security under U. Or for that matter, Allegheny?

This shouldn't even be a pissing match about who is owned by U or not. I stopped throwing sand in the sandbox a long time ago. We all do the same thing. We all want the mothership to succeed.

All right all right, quit your whining. Crew Sched says its true. I wouldnt be surprised if it is true. But just to let you all know, Airways tried this in the 90's and it didnt fly, so hopefully it wont work again. Whichever way it goes as a pilot you have the opportunity to jumpseat on another carrier. So do it. Im not saying I dont think its unfair. Its definately not cool, but the fact of the matter is Airways is always trying to find new ways to screw us contracters over and if this is it, then this is it for the moment. Hopefully it wont work like the last time they tried it, and we can all go back to non-reving like we used to. Otherwise you can jumpseat on Airways if you are an airways employee. Just because you have benefits on the airline doesnt mean you have to use them. Remember flight benefits are a privilege. All we can do is hope that Airways sees the error in their ways.

Hasnt CO always had a fee like that???

Here's another thing that just popped into my head...

What about the mainline J4J guys working for Mesa and whoever esle contract carriers? Will they have to pay? That will be a new industry low, charge your furloughed guys to non-rev while they work for a contract carrier.....I hate this place more and more everyday.

:(

Learlove,

The J4J guys at the contract carriers kind of have it two ways.

(From what I understand...) They have the option of traveling on their contract carrier term pass (with contact carrier DOH), or traveling on their furloughed status term pass. The difference is that although the furloughed pass has a seniority date from long ago, it is at a lower priority for boarding. I don't recall but I think it's the difference between S3 and S4.

However if the furloughed pilot is working a J4J job at a WO (currently only PSA) then they get the normal priority boarding AND their mainline DOH for travel.

GateGirl said:
Hasnt CO always had a fee like that???

I'm not sure of CO, but Northwest's travel has always been similar, yet not this bad.

They travel round trip for 20 bucks on a write your own pass. Each pass costs 20, but it'll get you there and back, even if it takes you 20 legs to do it.

I don't think that there is any airline that is as bad as this new deal, even to it's contract carriers.

It makes you feel all nice and fuzzy inside like the fat girl at the prom with her cousin.

Maybe THIS is the big announcement Colgan has to make- telling their employees that one of the few good things about staying with this company is now being taken away. pilots are going to start dropping quicker than they are already.

Latest resources

Back