• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usairways Non Rev Travel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't blame CHQ for trying to implement a similar policy, but the contract carriers just don't have the authority. I guess you could charge for the jumpseat like Air Tran does?

On the topic of concessions, lets just add this in defense of the WO's:

--Pilots took a 20% pay cut
--FA's & Gate Agents took a pay cut (don't know how much though)
--Management employees took a 5-15% pay cut
--During the Iraq war, everyone took a 5% pay deferral
--Our health insurance has nearly doubled in the past 2 years.
--ESOP is not an option unless your a company officer.
--Profit sharing has been discontinued and will not be reinstated until we turn profitable again.

I think with all those concessions in mind for starters, we shouldn't have to pay jack $hit when it comes to flying. Did you little people at Colgan take any concessions? :confused: Yeah, thats what I thought! :mad:

Btw, maybe if your planes weren't broken all the time and turned in a little better performance, then maybe things would be differant. Thats a whole differant can of worms though :D

>>>Its not mudslinging, its the cold hard truth. The WO's took concessions so USAirways Group could survive. I don't remember the contractors taking any concessions to help out<<<

Cry me a river, longgonner. You have more assumptions than I have hairs left on my head after reading this horsesh1t you post.

If you want to know if any contractors took any concessions, well, I am making 10% less than I was three months ago primarily to keep flying as a contract carrier for USAirways. That's known as a "pay cut", or put another way, "concessions". That's "not mudslinging, its the cold hard truth."

This is pointless anyway, you've made your position painfully clear already much earlier in the thread... So don't even attempt to sound reasonable for one friggin' second. I voted for a contract that stole your flying, right? So this is what I deserve, right?

What if I didn't vote for the contract? What if I was unable at various times to get a job with a WO? What am I supposed to do, go work in a car wash?

Tough noogies for us, I guess. The reality is that I haven't used my travel bennies on USAir more than once every six months for a variety of reasons, not least of which is that they simply don't go where I want to go much of the time, at least not WHEN I want to go... And when I do, I am startled by how rude and inconsiderate USAir mainline/WO gate people are when compared to their counterparts at other companies. I have to give kudos to the ComAir/Delta folks and those at ACA/United Exp who've gotten me where I need to go on literally dozens of occasions, and were unfailingly polite and bent over backwards to help out a pilot that DIDN'T EVEN CODE SHARE WITH THEM. Can't say the same for USAir... I'm sure your explanation is the tired, silly old "you're stealing our flying so why should we be nice to you?", and since I've gone and said it for you, don't bother wasting bandwidth here by saying it again.

I am upset by this policy, oh boy, YOU BET I AM. And you want to know why? Not for me, but for the people I work with who work hard and produce a better product than at least two of the three WO's. Argue that point if you want, but you will LOSE, as this contract carrier outperforms all of the WO's almost ALL of the time, and usually beats the third, as well, when it comes to what really matters... On-time and completion factor. Sad (funny?) that this lowly contract carrier can so thoroughly bury the big, bad WO's, but it's true.

Anyhow, now these people can't afford this job anymore. Good people are going to leave this company because they will spend an inordinate amount of their pay to commute to their job. What USAirways does NOT need is to lose good people that wear their uniform and represent them, no matter whose name is on the title block of their paycheck... And really mainline could stand to lose a great many of the people that THEY pay and hire the people that WE pay that are now going to leave. They might actually have something that approximates "customer service" if they did this.

You are so full of pointless, self-aggrandising crap it makes my blood boil. Thankfully the vast majority of WO pilots I have come across and given rides to (or been given rides by), met in various crew rooms, hotel vans, overnight stops, etc. aren't like you.

You, sir, can kiss my lily-white a$$. Let me guess, you're the ding-a-ling that was glaring at me in the Charlie West hotel van, the one with the oh-so-subtle sticker on the side of his flight case that said "Contract Carriers" on it and had a red circle and a slash across it?

If not, you clearly went to the same "you're stealing my flying" seminar that he did. Classy.

You make me sick. Now go slither back under that rock that you were unfortunately able to move out of the way to let you see daylight again.

And after reading the post two up from this one (not to mention the very helpful post where he refers to Colganites as "peabrains" or something similarly witty), I guess the same can be said about zekes.

Boo frickin' hoo. But then again, I guess you really work for mainline. Or you don't. I give up... You WO'd cheerleaders are always sketchy on this point... You work for mainline, until a mainline pilot shows up, when they quickly point out you don't. My my, what an identity crisis this must cause the likes of zekes and longgonner.

I guess the only way they can justify their insignificance in the eyes of mainline pilots (after all, YOU are stealing THEIR flying) is to lash out at contract carriers.

Pity these two are so transparent.

(not to mention the very helpful post where he refers to Colganites as "peabrains" or something similarly witty

Maybe he meant to say the "COLGANS" were peabrains... IF that's what he meant, he would be right on target.

Thats right IP Freely, i work for mainline... I'm also a former Colgan worker and I know what a sketchy operation you all run. It does suck that you now have to pay to fly on mainline, but if you don't like it, then don't fly on us. You are pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good at whining about how much you hate flying on mainline so why don't you f*uck off and go fly on AA or UA or something. You make me sick! For the rest of us WO's, the majority of us care about our airline and we do not want to see it fail. All you Colgan pilots think you are hot $hits, but the truth is you all are nobody's. I've never seen such a half @ss operation in my life! The broken airplanes, the incompetant staff, the delays up the @$$hole, etc. etc. Some of you do a great job and try to keep things operating somewhat normal (whatever that is), but the rest of you could learn a lot by paying attention to how the mainline crews operate. 98.5% completion factor. 88% on-time performance, 10 zero cancelation days this year (when was the last time Colgan had one of those?), and a staff that truly wants to see the airline succeed. Go fly a kite (err your little Beach 1900) jerkoff!

"I am making 10% less than I was three months ago"

Just goes to show you that the bar can indeed be lowered. I guess that makes Shuttle America the lowest paid anything in America, well atleast you are still flying!

"What am I supposed to do, go work in a car wash?"

Yeah, god forbid you do something that has potential for future growth and maybe an increase in pay.

"On-time and completion factor."

Pretty easy to spout off about that when all you fly is PIT. Try flying in and out of PHL DCA and BOS all day long and see how your numbers look.

"You are so full of pointless, self-aggrandising crap it makes my blood boil. Thankfully the vast majority of WO pilots I have come across and given rides to (or been given rides by), met in various crew rooms, hotel vans, overnight stops, etc. aren't like you."

Maybe you just fail to see the point that you are a contracted service that will most likely be gone in a matter of weeks. I have nothing against the people that choose to work for an airline that contracts its services. All I am saying is you need to be prepared for the long needed changes that are occuring to travel on USAirways. I think it is great that affliates are now going to be charged for travel on USAirways flights. Why? Because you don't work for Group, you are a contracted service. Real smart. This has nothing to do with who is better than the other or good people as you call your co-workers. Its about economics.

>>>You are pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good at whining about how much you hate flying on mainline so why don't you f*uck off and go fly on AA or UA or something.<<<

And I do! Because they aren't rude pieces of sh1t like YOU. They're always willing to help a brutha out... And don't charge me $20 for a ride, either.

But that's okay, at least I don't make baseless assumptions about where YOU work. Because... This probably burns your pathetic little bottom... I don't work for Colgan. Just like you don't work for mainline if you actually work for a WO. Only a silly peabrain (you know, like The Colgans) would think they work for mainline when they fly a Dash, a 328, or an Embraer. If you are ever in doubt, ask one of those Airbus drivers in Pittsburgh who THEY think you work for. You'll probably be disappointed to learn that they look down on you even more than you look down on the contract carriers.

I see you're very proud of your performance numbers. Too bad for your "facts" that my company is #1 this month in on-time performance and #3 in completion factor in the ENTIRE Express system, and that includes the jet operators. Sorry to burst your misguided little bubble, Delusion-Boy. We also regularly beat ALG and PSA... Not to mention usually beating PDT, too.

But I'm sure USAirways gets what they pay for with the likes of you, which is in your particular case a pilot who's rude and stupid enough to be a gate agent.

I'm pretty comfortable with my ability to spell, as well. "Beach" 1900, indeed. You can't explain that one away as a typo, you're just dim.

You're not going to make any headway whatsoever with the attempted insult of the 1900, by the way... I'm proud of that airplane and the time I spent in it. If you've never flown one, you missed out... And I'll bet I could fly rings around you as a result. So... You're not only a douchebag, you're an airplane snob as well. You've exhibited more unnattractive qualities than Rosie O'Donnell. At least you've acccomplished something substantive, you are easily the biggest jerk I've run across on here in over a year. Kudos on that!

Keep it up, though, I'm absolutely in STITCHES reading your 8th-grade literacy level postings!

Nice attempt at being reasonable, long-gonner. I am pleased for you that you know more about the airline industry than the rest of us do, that your company's performance is worse than ours just because we fly to PIT and you fly to Boston, that you are amused that other people have taken the pay cuts that you say that we didn't take, and most of all... Thank you for illuminating me that we are going to "be gone in a matter of weeks".

This was all very helpful.

Actually, you aren't the guy I ran across in the van in Charlie West at all. I think you're the guy I ran across in PIT a few months ago, and zekes is the guy in the van. Thanks for clearing it all up. There's always a few bad apples and I think I have found the two most sour apples in the WO crate....

Good DAY to you, sir.

Just a short reminder to all.

Non-Revs get on last!!! With the weight restrictions in place now, there is almost always a toss up between someone getting on and more gas. So play nice with others cause otherwise you might find your butt or one of your buddies being left behind.

All Express carriers both wholly owned and contract should be upset by this. It is a bad trend that may lead to "GROUP" charging other Non-Revs (ie J/S) to ride.

The Jumpseat commitee has enough headaches trying to get the TSA to get us back into the flight deck. Now U wants to have some of us pay to non-rev... what a crock.

What would you say if they were to include all Express carriers next month...it would be funny how some people may change their minds.

I mean who will collect these fees? Some stations are run by Colgan. Are Colgan employees going to have to collect Non Rev fees at the Colgan stations??

I wonder why some carriers don't have to pay taxes??? Is "Group" paying those taxes for them?? If not wonder what those states/airports are gonna say now that they collect that $$ from some folks and not others....sounds like a mess to me.

That is a CAN OF WORMS no one wants to open!!!

Latest resources

Back