• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usairways Non Rev Travel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HAHAHA, your too funny, and also a real dick IP Freely! Did you ever stop to think that pilots aren't the only ones reading this thread? I don't fly an airplane, I do however work in the corporate office who's job it is to make sure our airline keeps on flying. I spend my entire day picking up your messes; everything from complaints from passengers to grievances from the unions ends up on my desk. To be honest, its gets kinda tiring after a while hearing all the complaints about how the airplane was delayed for 2 hours because a pilot was to hungover to show up for his shift on-time or because the plane had to many MEL's to keep flying safely. Lets not even mention weather delays after this weekend :mad: Yes, we hear good things too :)

I don't agree with the managements decision to start charging the contract carriers a fee for non-revving, but times are a changing. If any of you read US Daily, or listen to Dave's weekly message, you'd realize that there is a reason they are now charging the affiliates a fee for non-revving. Two weeks ago, Seigal said that one of the steps in reducing our costs will be by cost optimization. Too complicated for you? OK, lets spell it out in 4th grader terms (since you think I'm in 4th grade anyways). For each transaction done in Sabre, a fee is charged, and for each Non-Rev passenger that flies a fee is charged by the government as well (for example $9 for each passenger who connects through PIT). US Airways group has been absorbing this fee for our employees since the art of non-revving was born. Well to make a long story short, someone in the brain factory came up with the idea that US Airways group should no longer absorb this fee for non-wholly owned carriers because it will reduce our costs. Your $20 service charge is going to be picking up the cost of these fees for now on. Why should we have to pay for an employee of a differant company to fly on us anyways?

OK, I've said my peace... Flame Away MO-FO'S!

PS... I can't wait to see you in line behind me when they call the standby list at the airport next week. You might as well stay in the crew van you love so much cuz I'll be leaving you behind when that plane fills up! hahaha!

We at Mesa still haven't been given any information on this new policy. All I know is that it Must be changed. There is no way I can afford to pay $180-$200 a month to commute from CLT to PHL. Myself and the rest of the affiliate pilots are going to be forced to do things that we don't want to do to others to make sure adequate pressure us applied on "Dave" to make sure this gets changed. In the mean time this will just get really ugly and I will apologize for this. It is disgusting that "Dave" feels he needs to try and make a few bucks off the backs of people who are trying to help bring feed to his hubs. I can't even imagine what this will do to all the contract carriers flight attendants who have no ability to JS. What a joke. -Bean

QUOTE]Originally posted by zekes
All you guys really have to stop bitching... US Airways will not be charging active employees of the affiliates a service charge fee; this only applies to retirees who have worked for the company for less than 25 years. All of the affiliates will still have the option to purchase term passes in 2004 for a fee; around $50. If you don't believe me, contact the employee travel department in Crystal City. All you 9L people are wankers anyways! Oh and for you pilots out there, don't worry, you'd have to get a real cold-hearted gate agent if they wouldn't let you jump seat. Jump seats are a universtal perk that pilots get, and there are no plans to take that away. Whoever started that rumor is a Dumbass! [/QUOTE]

Hey zekes, you forgot to take your foot out of your mouth. It seems to me that your a prick no matter what you are typing on this board. You probably fit in nicely over there at the crystal palace.

On another point, this policy is going to really screw almost 150 J4J pilots that are at Mesa. They lose there free U nonrev travel bennies after one yr (and almost all have or will be out of work over one yr late this winter) so they will have to pay the $20 like the rest of us. Another, thanks for the 15 yrs of hard work you put in for us at U. Now bend over and take it in the ass. -Bean

BTW, other's are right when they say this could easily be setting a bad president and could easily be expanded to include the Wo's or all U pilots. The fact is that U doesn't give a rats ass about its own pilots and you all know it. Watch what you wish for jackoffs.

Last edited:
beantown, start filling out the jumpseat forms now. I suggest getting a stack of them and when you're really bored filling them out...

Beantown... Policies in Crystal Palace (err, crystal city) are more secretive than a BJ by the intern down the hall. There has still not been an official press release on this topic, thus it is not set in stone as of yet. What I know for certain is that all WO'd employees got a letter in the mail last week saying we would not have to pay for our travel privilages for 2004. As for the affiliates, it doesn't seem like you'll be as lucky (this is where I take the foot out of my mouth). Let things pan out cuz we got 3 weeks before policy goes into effect.

What I know for certain is that all WO'd employees got a letter in the mail last week saying we would not have to pay for our travel privilages for 2004.

okay do you work for mainline or a wo??? make up your darn mind!

Latest resources

Back