Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saab340

Folks

Airways change there non rev travel policy for the contract carriers. $25.00 dollars each segment so if you have a two leg commute on mailine it's $50.00. have fun !

That hardly seems likely. If you work for SA you may be confused by the companies own buddy pass program. In any event you can still jumpseat for free.

They actually did away with the service charge program like 2 or 3 years ago... I have yet to hear anything about any service charge going into effect. Where do you get your information from??

It is true I thought the same thing the company today is sending out a memo on the subject you our right you can j/s but what about the rest of the folks in the company.

The non-rev policy was the only benefit an employee would get out of working for fuking Airways. Not to mention, that without the nonrevs, the two or three paying passengers will get lonely.

Keep up the good work Co(K Smokers!

Apparently the new Airways policy is true. I spoke with our Travel Department and they said that they believe the service charge will be implemented, although they did say they did not have official word yet. They also added that they understood that if there was a seat in the back, you HAD to non-rev. You could not jumpseat to get out of the service charge. I guess this is similiar to AMRs policy as was explained to me by one of their pilots in why so many of them jumpseat on other carriers. I'm sure we'll find out one way or another soon since the first of the year is rapidly approaching.

i can't really see how they can keep you from jumpseating if there are seats in the back and make you nonrev. There are quite a few pilots that don't even have a travel card and just jumpseat all the time. This would make it impossible to nonrev.

Re: SWA, no Charges

Boy I'm glad SWA doesn't do this, it would get expensive for alot of people just to get to work. US and AMR should be careful what they start, resoprocity (SP) agreements are in the balance on this one. We have alot of US people that fly with us everyday, we dont charge them, we take them all, so we will see if we get charged....this could really heat thinks up for the new year...... [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think the plan is to charge off line jumpseaters ex. SWA, just their own people. But who knows, look at AirTran, they started charging for the second jumpseater to ride..

$200 a month to get to work ? Geez,that's too bad....I can picture it now-"Gee,we're weight limited becuz of having an alternate and the new pax weights and all,so you gotta take off 5 people".

The Hub

Okay, this was ripped right out from the US Airways' employee website about the travel for next year.

After carefully evaluating our employee travel program, we have decided to continue to waive basic travel charges for active employees (and travel eligible family members) of US Airways and US Airways’ wholly-owned Express carriers, and for retirees (and their spouses or domestic partners) with twenty-five or more years of service.

We have made a few changes in the program for 2004. For those retirees with less than twenty-five years of service, we are changing from an optional term pass/service charge system to a service charge system. We have also simplified the domestic upgrade charge program, requiring a $20 fee regardless of the length of travel.

As of November 1 of this year, we have already begun an exciting new arrangement with Lufthansa Airlines, reflecting the benefits of our participation in the Star Alliance. Active and retired employees and their eligible family members can purchase ID95 reduced-rate tickets on Lufthansa. Eligible family members include spouses, children and dependents who meet eligibility requirements and are on the employee’s travel privilege. Domestic partners are also included in the new agreement, however they are eligible for ID90, and parents are eligible for ID75.

The changes that you'll be seeing, effective January 1, 2004, which continue to provide a highly competitive employee travel program, are as follows:

* For retirees with less than 25 years of service, and for the dependents of other retirees, we will offer a Service Charge program only, thereby eliminating the Term Pass charge. Basically, this change means that you will only pay for travel when you travel. This change will provide better coverage of US Airways' costs for the employee travel program.
* The Service Charge program will require a payment of $20 for one-way coach domestic travel and $40 for one-way coach international travel, plus applicable taxes. Retirees with less than 25 years of service, and the dependents of other retirees, will be responsible for these charges.
* As they are today, all pass travelers will to be required to pay upgrade charges for travel in first or business class.
o The domestic first class upgrade charge will be $20 per segment to all domestic destinations regardless of the number of miles, including Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, the Caribbean and Central America.
o The upgrade charge to and from Europe will remain at $100 one-way.
* The Registered Companion Program will be offered again to active single employees, but to avoid confusion with the Companion Pass program, its name will be changed to the Registered Guest program.

We will continue to offer the Companion Pass Program to both active and retired employees. Active employees will receive an allotment of eight companion passes and retirees will receive four.

We hope that you and your eligible family members will continue to enjoy travel on US Airways. Should you have any questions pertaining to the changes, please feel free to contact the Employee Travel Office at 1-800-872-4780, prompt 4 or dial-net 872-7421.

Sincerely,

John M. Hedblom

If there was more I would have given it to you. Im a bit tired, but I dont see anywhere on there where it says there is going to be a travel charge implemented other than if you have retired with less than a 25 years of service with airways. So there ya go! Any questions???

Latest resources

Back