Usairways Non Rev Travel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gategirl;

Thanks for taking the time to post the USAirways travel changes coming up next year on this web board . I use PDT on occassion in my cross-country commute to work and I was gettin a wee bit nervous when I saw some of the previous posts about USAirways possibly charging for the jumpseat. Thanks for clearing all that up!
PHXFLYR :cool:

anytime, thats why im the best ops agent out there. Oh wait did I say that outloud?? Oops

They sent me home. DR actually cancelled some flights instead of just waiting the customary 24 hours before cancellation of a flight. As soon as LGA shut down, he cancelled. It was like an early christmas present. Does this mean I wont be getting a present from the senator??

Last edited:
That travel manual is for the wholly owns not contract carriers I was wrong it is a $20.00 fee instead of $25.00 company posted a memo on it.

Last edited:
Its true that contract carriers ie Mesa Chq Colgan TSA and SA will have to pay $20 per segment on any USAirways code flight except if the aircraft belongs to the respective contract carrier. We pay you to fly under our code, now USAirways will finally get some of that money back. Honestly, where do you contract employees think your paycheck comes from? None of you work for USAirways Group, nor are you checks issued by USAirways. A fee is paid to your respective companys, which in turn pays your salary. After reading what I wrote it sounds like flame bait, but its just the sad truth. USAirways needs to save every cent it can, so why give free rides to people that are not really employed by USAirways Group when it can charge you for it?

It is true. All non wholy-owned carriers will be paying a service fee to ride on a wholy owned. 20 bucks a leg.

My question to you is where do you get off saying that this is fair? Just because YOU work for US Airways Group? There are a lot of people out here busting our humps to feed US Airways Group so that US Airways Group can make money. You have to realize, we have flight attendants that make less than 18000 per year. If you have 4 trips a month, commuting in and out each time, that turnes into 160 bucks a month, just to get to work.

Now the hard (to swollow) math: 18000 - 1920 = $16080, before taxes!!!!
"Would you like to supersize your order?" "No, I have to nonrev home!!"

It's not much better for the first officers.

And if this is fair, should you, a US Airways Group employee, have to pay us 20 bucks to ride on us?? Fair is Fair, right??

I urge all of the NON US Airways Group employee's to pull together and urge our managements to enact reciprocal aggrements with each other to make this a little more bearable. (I know that our management is already working on this).

P.S. If you really think that stealing 20 bucks a leg from a poor saab 340 worker is going to make money, than you have your head up your *#&*()))).

Being a WO guy I think its stupid.

Mainline, contract, or WO everybody contributes to the system (except maybe the mainline guys, who just tend to bleed the $$).

As a non commuter and someone who uses their nonrev privleges maybe 4 times per year at most (I still have 4 of my 6 upgrades) I wouldn't want to be charged to fly on the contract carriers. Once again, just stupid, everyday I find myself wanting to get further and further from the US AIR system.

Anybody affected/effected by this is welcome to JS on my plane.

Good Luck to all the commuters out there.

But then again, if U ever posts a profit and its porportional to the amount brought in by the nonrev charges then maybe they should give you guys a profit sharring check.:D

Long-Gonner said:
USAirways needs to save every cent it can, so why give free rides to people that are not really employed by USAirways Group when it can charge you for it?

True US needs to SAVE every cent, not resort to what I feel is a new low that has been reached in the industry...to charge a pilot for jumping in an empty seat. How much more fuel is really going to be burned by that jumpseater? Other than that what is it costing US? Oh, the coke and 5 Hanover pretzels. The industry reaches new lows every day:( Will it ever end?

Latest resources

Back