• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i wish i could disagree Turt- but where does the alpa national president get the legal right to not sign them.

your problems were w/ your own corrupt MEC and the complacency of your pilot group. C'mon where's that personal responsibility? 93 LOA's w/o a vote- when a vast majority of alpa carriers require a vote for EVERY loa? ? ? ?

you let it get to a broken camel's back instead of getting involved sooner. And then take it out on america west pilots?
seniority has never equaled longevity. And if you disagree w/ that- you never did anything to change it before you were knee deep in a situation where DOH was hugely advantageous to you.

And it's not like usair has done anything to stem the tide of outsourcing... so save the lecture for what you're just as guilty of.

Actually I believe there are a few instances ALPA president refused to sign a T/A which was passed by the membership at an airline.

Also if you look back at history, you will see that US did hold the line on outsourcing for SOME time. One of the last, if not the last one to allow RJ's on/off property.

Actually I believe there are a few instances ALPA president refused to sign a T/A which was passed by the membership at an airline.

Also if you look back at history, you will see that US did hold the line on outsourcing for SOME time. One of the last, if not the last one to allow RJ's on/off property.

I belive they were the FIRST.......Allegheny/Mohawk

Why do you feel the need to brag about your payrates? Low self esteem? Enjoy it while it lasts.

There might be a bankruptcy in your future as well.

The name boycaptain probably says it all. Mommy and daddy payed for it all including the paying for the advanced flying. Nothing like jetting to the top on mom and dad's money.

Then i'll go the opposite of boycaptain- it's not him bragging about his pay- it's slamming AAA for theirs. Especially when they've had the chance to improve it.

from APC
AAA-
year 16- A330 $160
Capt B76/76 $144
A320/B737 $125
E190 $ 95
FO E190 $52 topped out!
================================
Republic
yr 20 CAPT E175 $119 ($6 less/hr than an A320 driver! AND much better work rules/ rigs) ($24/hr MORE than the 190 at mainline)(All mainline guys would fall under the year 20 rates... you'd have to go back to year 11 at republic to find rates less than the topped out $95 at AAA)

oh- and the 175 is smaller than the 190 if you didn't know.

Republic E145- $103/hr E170- $108
--------------------------------------
Mesa- CRJ9- $104, CRJ7-$94
---------------------------------------
Air Wisconsin- crj50- $94 ($1/hr less to fly an a/c half the size- w/ much better rigs.)
-----------------------------------------
piedmont gets $78/hr to fly the Dash
--------------------------------------
PSA- $93/hr for all CRJ's
----------------------------------------
"KIDS" as you like to call them- have negotiated wages that surpass your own for a/c that are 50-100% smaller.........

YOUR PAYRATES ARE A BIG PROBLEM AND ARE DRAGGING THE INDUSTRY DOWN WHILE YOU WHINE ABOUT AN ARBITRATION THAT DIDN'T GO YOUR WAY

I'm tired of conservative pilots talking about letting banks go out business instead of bailing them out- when we ruined the flying career ATTEMPTING to bail out our own companies. If you're at a legacy- and use the excuse that you were in bankruptcy- YOU F'd UP. So maybe UPS will go through a BK- but that's not the point. The point is how the Baby-Boomers divided us in an attempt to keep what they had.

It's poor waveflyer against the big mean, nasty no-good world.

Obama will take care of you. The way his windfall profits tax will take care of the economy.

oh good lord- I'm the last guy you can give that lecture to. I'm completely responsible for my life-to the last detail. Does it make you nervous that my type is still choosing Obama? B/c there are literally millions of us.
I'm at one of those carriers that wish the rest of the industry would get back on it's feet and leapfrog us. I know 'industry standard' is a big force in negotiations- So no- i'm not looking for anyone to take care of me- i'm looking for ceo's to be held accountable and not be sold out. And in this one case- i find it reprehensible that AAA has chosen to start a fight that they won't win, when they had a chance to raise that "industry-standard" bar.

you're ultimate loyalty sure is to the republican party isn't it? more than your country, more than you career, more than your company.

I'm on your side in this thread. But the brainwashing is powerful isn't it?

Right you are.. but the West mentality is that everything USAir did or ever will do is wrong and hurt them and the whole profession.

Sad really. ALPA's figment of a union structure made inter-airline war inevitable. With the economy retracting it will only get worse.

No Turtle Meister, what is really sad is your continued anger and bitterness towards ALPA. Let it go. They don't represent you anymore. What is USAPA doing to help the East? They ain't doing jack squat to help the West.

You Easties always looking for someone to blame. All we know out West is that the East/USAPA is definitely to blame for the problems we have now. We are furloughing out of seniority and your union, USAPA, isn't saying jack about it. You, Turtle Man, are in collusion with the company & your union to take advantage of your fellow pilots and put AWA pilots on furlough while East pilots enjoy pay, vacation, seniority, etc (out of seniority) ... all to the disadvantage of your fellow company pilots. There is something to be real proud of.

There is a word that describes you guys ... you see it everywhere, so don't blame the West. No spin on your part erases the damage that you guys are doing to the industry. Every other airline knows you left joint contract talks and that you passed a seniority list that oppresses your merger partner pilots. Your actions indeed speak volumes about your level of professionalism. We'll see you in court because out West Integrity Matters.

Latest resources

Back