• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways effort to de-certify ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is going to be a fascinating battle; the USair guys have the right under law to do what they're doing, this could get interesting.

This new organization, the US Airline Pilots Association, needs to widen its scope.

I want ALPA decertified because of ALPA's failures concerning age 60.

Open this new organization up to everyone that wants to see ALPA cease to exsist and you have got my support.

After reading through it all I read that you had to be a US Air pilot or a former AWA pilot. Is that the case or is anyone invited to end ALPA?

ALPA needs to be held accountable.

ALPA has completely failed this profession since 1998.

ALPA is about is perserving ALPA and working for ALPA not the pilots.

For those hired 1988 and later in the East this is really a no brainer. It's your only hope.
If this is one's "only hope" then all hope is indeed lost. Changing unions won't nullify the Nicolau Award nor the need for a joint contract. It's just a knee-jerk and emotional response. The AAA MEC is deceiving its members once again with false-hope and any new union will end up with the same leaders.

ALPA scum in the current leadership positions would be so offended and insulted they would not run for the newly opened positions in the new union.

Plus the new union could make a rule that former Bathist members could not participate other than as a regular member.

Hmmmmmmm........... Lost an arbitration they thought they would clean house on... Now they want to take their ball and go home... Sounds a whole lot like the RJ Defense Comm... Great... That will help the industry a lot... (Parker must be rolling on the floor laughing his head off at all of this).

Either burn the place down or suck it up and take it in the shorts. Don't weaken the only hope (regardless of how good or bad) you have (a strong, unified union). All you'll do is make the combined company a crappy place to work (which will help make the rest of the majors worse).

democracy is taking on the issues not being defeated and saying that is just the way it has got to be because.
I didn't say to not do anything. By all means effect changes within ALPA. It may not be easy but it'll be far more effective than setting up a new union.

Latest resources

Back