• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways E190 Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet if you were a us airways east pilot and were in the same situation, you would feel differently. Its easy to judge especially if you haven't been through what they have. Must be nice to be a swa guy. Have you had to deal with a merger where you were going to lose years and years and years of seniority to others that have worked far fewer years at the merging airline than you?

You don't know what you are talking about. Every east pilot gained seniority with the Nicolau award.

Scoot's a Delta puke. I do find it amusing that he flaunts his lack of respect for the "east". Especially since Delta pilots don't seem to have any regard for any pilot group that isn't Delta.

Hey Scoot- maybe you should pay a little more attention to the happenings in your own house. Especially given the "immoral" backhanded dealings DAL has been running with their contractors and ground personnel. You're just upset because mother D tried to block the US/AA merger and failed. Now you're going to be dealing with some real competition in the right seat at the third largest carrier. I understand though why you are so upset..........your upgrade hinged exclusively on the demise of USAirways.

I did love the classy touch of throwing all the USAirways mishaps up as a list for all to see. You must be forgetting the many issues DAL has also had. Your "brown ring around the collar" is prominent and in line with the verbal rubbish of the "Generally".
Thanks for the advice junior. When I need lessons on "turns around a point," I'll make sure I give you a shout.
I'm not sure who's in the right seat? You? Oh yeah, you're a regional puke lifer. Sorry you didn't get hired. Study harder next time! But now I understand your :crying::crying: cause you're stuck slinging gear in an rj!

I bet if you were a us airways east pilot and were in the same situation, you would feel differently. Its easy to judge especially if you haven't been through what they have. Must be nice to be a swa guy. Have you had to deal with a merger where you were going to lose years and years and years of seniority to others that have worked far fewer years at the merging airline than you?
You mean where their upgrade would have been delayed by less than 9 months, but they endured years of unnecessary bankruptcy wages and branded themselves as untrustworthy slimeballs in the process?

The east chose this to be their legacy and no one will let them forget it.

The east chose this to be their legacy and no one will let them forget it.

And they are completely OK with that. Have you seen the permanent bids that keep coming out? Record upgrades that just don't seem to be slowing down. I think yet another one will be out soon... And yet no movement in PHX... And you could have been a part of all this East movement, but chose not to...

And you could have been a part of all this East movement, but chose not to...
Did USAPA put out a contract for a vote that would have permitted that? Nothing legally stopped them. They knew that they would be crushed with a DFR if they did, so they extorted money, threatened pilots with the loss of their jobs and did nothing.

So you're saying if we had been willing accomplices to avoiding a valid arbitration there "would be a little somethin' in it for us?"

No thanks. I can look other pilots in the eye and share in their camaraderie while you eat Subway in your room and have to explain ad nauseum why folks shouldn't think you're a scab.

It really wasn't much of a choice to make.

Have you seen the permanent bids that keep coming out? Record upgrades that just don't seem to be slowing down.
And the east wasn't content with 2/3 of those, they wanted 100% and would stop at nothing to get them.

Remind me again how USAPA could be called a union?

I agree. However, if your of the majority in the belief that DOH nor Nic in their exact form will never happen, why not keep your friends close and enemies closer? Which would represent us best - ours or their union?

Why would anyone think the Nic won't happen?

The Nic will be used to integrate with the APA
It would be an awful precedent if it didn't and I flat out don't see how anyone could use another metric-
If you present anything other than the Nic to the APA it will be a dfr Usapa members can scarcely afford.
So what's the Usapa play?
Present their seniority list by doh, and fail to represent dues paying west pilots?

Thanks for the advice junior. When I need lessons on "turns around a point," I'll make sure I give you a shout.
I'm not sure who's in the right seat? You? Oh yeah, you're a regional puke lifer. Sorry you didn't get hired. Study harder next time! But now I understand your :crying::crying: cause you're stuck slinging gear in an rj!

Hey, that's pretty cute there, slim. Can you read? Nice swing and a miss, but I'm in an Airbus, not an RJ. I made the escape from R.J. to mainline a while back, and was lucky enough to put the the Delta Connection abomination in the rear view mirror. Turns around a point????? Didn't they teach you that in UPT? Maybe you flew drones and that's how you ended up at DAL?????????

Latest resources

Back