• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways E190 Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Considering USAPA's days are dwindling down, you've chosen an odd leg to stand on.

Dwindling down? Sure buddy! NMB won't rule against a federal law. Usapa is your union westicle. Get used to it. The crooked APA can't box us in. Besides, you should really support the home team. The APA sure as he!! Isn't going to watch out for you

Dwindling down? Sure buddy! NMB won't rule against a federal law. Usapa is your union westicle. Get used to it. The crooked APA can't box us in. Besides, you should really support the home team. The APA sure as he!! Isn't going to watch out for you

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

The point being what? How AirTran turned down an offer that was easily worth several million dollars more for something that was much, much worse? Your choice not mine. That decision was easily the second worst airline union decision ever. The first? USair east forming a new union over binding arbitration. No. 1 and No. 2

St. Nic,

I like how you easily say that it wasn't 'binding'. Please. It just wasn't binding because you didn't like it and decided to take your ball instead of manning up to the facts. The industry sees it the same way.

The "industry" opinion (whatever that means) is of little consequence. The courts are what matter, and the fact remains (as always) an arbitration award is only binding to the extent of the contract that circumscribes it. The 2005 TA is now a contractual nullity. Whatever binding language may have existed is now a figment of nostalgia.

Usapa faithful sure hope that their DOH uber alles does not fail them now...the NIC. is still waiting no matter what Usapa tells their soon to be thrown to the APA faithful...no list is around except the NIC unless that super secret list every gets presented and accepted before the NMB eliminates Usapa.

Why do the west pilots care so much about "what is right"? Do they have something to gain from the nic at the expense of the majority? Also, why do west pilots think the thousands of APA pilots will " be on their side" and "implement the nic" because it's "the right thing to do"? I just don't understand how the west pilots think losing USAPA and getting APA will be in their best interest. There are roughly only 1,100 west pilots in " good standing" looking to integrate with over 12,000 New American pilots. Will they all look out for the little over 1,100? I just don't see how the west pilots think the huge majority will help them in the future.

Last edited:
Maybe APA prefers to be a union that accomplishes something rather than spin its wheels in court and looking foolish.

USAPA is not a union to be emulated. The have only served to feed the pride and arrogance of the few at the top at the expense of everyone else.

I just don't understand how the west pilots think losing USAPA and getting APA will be in their best interest.

Classic stupidity

Why do the west pilots care so much about "what is right"? Do they have something to gain from the nic at the expense of the majority? Also, why do west pilots think the thousands of APA pilots will " be on their side" and "implement the nic" because it's "the right thing to do"? I just don't understand how the west pilots think losing USAPA and getting APA will be in their best interest. There are roughly only 1,100 west pilots in " good standing" looking to integrate with over 12,000 New American pilots. Will they all look out for the little over 1,100? I just don't see how the west pilots think the huge majority will help them in the future.

I'll let the west speak for themselves, but I'd imagine there isn't a lot of outcomes worse than DOH
And why renegotiate what has been negotiated and arbitrated?

The APA will be charged with integrating the Nic with APA
Or be sued
The APA will use every ounce of leverage to work seniority in the interest of it's members- but no east pilot should be able to leapfrog a west pilot under Bic.

Scoot's a Delta puke. I do find it amusing that he flaunts his lack of respect for the "east". Especially since Delta pilots don't seem to have any regard for any pilot group that isn't Delta.

Hey Scoot- maybe you should pay a little more attention to the happenings in your own house. Especially given the "immoral" backhanded dealings DAL has been running with their contractors and ground personnel. You're just upset because mother D tried to block the US/AA merger and failed. Now you're going to be dealing with some real competition in the right seat at the third largest carrier. I understand though why you are so upset..........your upgrade hinged exclusively on the demise of USAirways.

I did love the classy touch of throwing all the USAirways mishaps up as a list for all to see. You must be forgetting the many issues DAL has also had. Your "brown ring around the collar" is prominent and in line with the verbal rubbish of the "Generally".

Latest resources

Back