• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways E190 Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
???? Didn't it say operated by Mid-Atlantic? Mid-Atlantic became the 4th wholly own and put under the SSO along with PDT,ALG, PSA.

No, the original plan was for MDA to become a Wholly Owned, but that never happened. do you remember when the whole thing was shut down in the beginning for a few months? If you do, that was when the FAA put the brakes on the WOed thing. Airways was left with the decision to either get a new operating certificate for the proposed MDA or keep it US Airways, they took the easy way and left MDA on the Airways certificate.
It absolutely said operated by US Airways by the front door, as that evidence was used to prove who MDA really was.

Let's just make something clear here: we're talking about seniority integration arguments before an arbitrator. Nobody tried to get anybody terminated. In light of the upcoming SLI arbitration with the AA pilots everybody needs to get some thicker skin because a lot of infuriating things are going to be stated there.

It's 100% the East's fault we'll be entering this process a divided group so get ready to choke on that too.

No that is not the case, I posted a quote from Nicolau in this very thread. The West did try and have those pilots removed.
That is why it is so disgusting to me, we all expect to have the opposition argue how they should be senior, this went way above that.

"It is the position of the America West pilots that these pilots do not belong on the list"
Nicolau

Last edited:
No, the original plan was for MDA to become a Wholly Owned, but that never happened. do you remember when the whole thing was shut down in the beginning for a few months? If you do, that was when the FAA put the brakes on the WOed thing. Airways was left with the decision to either get a new operating certificate for the proposed MDA or keep it US Airways, they took the easy way and left MDA on the Airways certificate.
It absolutely said operated by US Airways by the front door, as that evidence was used to prove who MDA really was.

Didn't know that. Thanks

Weren't they trying to use the Patomic certificate they had lying around from the AAA/UAL and DC Air debacle? I could be wrong. I seem to remember Patomic operating 2 of Alleghenys dhc8's in late 01 or early 02.

I think the Patomic name still appears on the "insurance" bulletin we get for the blue binder ever spring.

Last edited:
Horse hockey!!!! You seem to forget it was the west that stormed out of negotiations at Why River. You seem to gloss over the fact the west has sued there own union! You need to figure who is to really blame here

Are you seriously pleading THIS was the beginning? Dude, you're more screwed up than I give you credit for? Back up a bit and tell everyone who "walked out" first. The EAST during JCBA negotiations and went to form ustupa!

Wye River was a post NIC attempt to get the West to move off the NIC, did not happen and was a failure just like Denver, Rice Comm. and other Prater attempts to lead from behind.

Wye River was a post NIC attempt to get the West to move off the NIC, did not happen and was a failure just like Denver, Rice Comm. and other Prater attempts to lead from behind.

From what I have been told by a participant, Wye River wasn't even a case of "Would you be willing to come off the Nic a little?". It was more like, "Come on guys, you need to accept DOH". Because there was an unwillingness to talk about anything other than DOH, there wasn't really anything to "negotiate".

This continues today with, "DOH with conditions and restrictions"......which is still DOH.

From what I have been told by a participant, Wye River wasn't even a case of "Would you be willing to come off the Nic a little?". It was more like, "Come on guys, you need to accept DOH". Because there was an unwillingness to talk about anything other than DOH, there wasn't really anything to "negotiate".

This continues today with, "DOH with conditions and restrictions"......which is still DOH.

You were given very bad information. Actually the Nic was offered to the West. They turned it down! The East had a lot of attrition coming and wanted to capture some of that for their pilots. They actually offered to accept and implement the Nic with the condition of a fence to allow the East to capture their attrition for a defined time. The West would have nothing to do with it. They wanted everything right then.

The funny thing, is that the fence that was proposed would have just expired. So all the movement on the East right now, would have benefited the West pilots on the very bid that came out today under a NIC list to fill vacancies.

The East attrition was captured by the East pilots due to the stalemate currently in effect. Just think, if the West had agreed, they would have their pilots moving into the open A330 Captain slots that just seem to keep coming...

If we offered the West right now that we would implement the Nic today and use it for the bid that just came out, do you think they would take it? Of course they would. And they actually had that offered to them! But greed got in the way, and the East will continue to take the upgrades...

I'm not sure they will like what is behind door number 3... It's the APA, and I think the West is finally realizing they are not what they seemed to be...

Enjoy PHX...

ALGFLYR, you seem very "matter-of-fact" about how things occurred. Were you there or are you just repeating what you heard?

Latest resources

Back