USair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Marty or Chip or whoever you are,
I've asked this before but no one has answered - do you think anyone in the aviation industry is going to hire the East pilots that are about to get furloughed? By now the word is pretty much out on what you guys are trying to do, and if I were on an interview board I wouldn't be hiring anyone that attempts to screw over their fellow coworkers.

Your joking right? Airline interview board with morals?? Back in the late 80's after EAL failed even scabs were getting hired. The airlines don't give a crap.

Hey Marty or Chip or whoever you are,
I've asked this before but no one has answered - do you think anyone in the aviation industry is going to hire the East pilots that are about to get furloughed? By now the word is pretty much out on what you guys are trying to do, and if I were on an interview board I wouldn't be hiring anyone that attempts to screw over their fellow coworkers.

Yeah - because the off the street newhires and returning furloughs in the last 8 to 6 months (the ones being furloughed now/again) had O so much to do with the USAPA thing. whatever.

Help me out here: Did both parties agree to binding arbitration? Did both parties agree on the arbitrator?

Thanks in advance. TC

Yeah - because the off the street newhires and returning furloughs in the last 8 to 6 months (the ones being furloughed now/again) had O so much to do with the USAPA thing. whatever.

I meant when the furloughs go deep enough to involve those who voted for USAPA. In this job market, who would want that stink attached to them?

To be precise, both sides ordered the six eligible arbitrators in order of preference. Nicolau was the third one chosen through a strike-out process. Of course, the Easties were very familiar (and apparantly satisfied) with him since he decided the USAir Shuttle integration in the late '90s. The Easties were also completely satisfied with Nicolau all through the mediation/arbitration hearings. It's only after he presented an opinion they didn't like that he became senile, corrupt, and incompetent. (VBG)

Last edited:
Given their track record, it's obvious the Easties know best. I feel bad for all the HPer's they got stuck with this group to "lead" them.

Your diatribes don't warrant a response but when you spread lies you need to be called on it. Unless, of course, you're referring to Easties being canned?

Like "Speed Racer" who ran his 737 into a ditch at BDL trying to beat an AWA A320 to the gate ? Smooth move.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back