• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Links don't seem to work.
Sorry, try these...
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1212983#post1212983
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1224345#post1224345
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1195007#post1195007
Saturn:
Nice find about MC Scab.......
BTW, his girlfriend Steven, (aka Bdfg1) who claims to be, ehem, retired also has some pretty good hits as well.....
Check them out by clicking on the link! Remember, he claims to have NEVER been a j4j captain and retired shortly after 9/11. Take a look at the dates on his posts! These two make such a great pair!
interesting...luckily DOH=integrity, otherwise this might seem a bit fishy!!!

All mergers have been DOH with protections.

Maybe most US Air mergers were but historically that has not always been the case. There are several airlines that have not used DOH as a model of integration.

DOH = integrity

You probably think that if you're the one who benifits from it.

Integrity, according to the American Heritage Dictionary, is:
  1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
  2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
  3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.
1. There is no moral or ethical code that says DOH=Integrity. There is a moral and ethical code that says binding arbitration is binding. If you agree to do something and then back out you demonstrate a complete lack of integrity. Remember: Do all that you have agreed to do.

2. The decisions made by the East pilots have been anything but unimpaired or sound. They've been irrational and emotional.

3. The East pilots have done everything they can to keep us from being whole, undivided, or complete.

The Nic lottery ticket is gone. Get over it.

It's gonna stick. Unfortunately we'll have to go through a few lawsuits and endure tough times before the East guys finally realize that. This is assuming the airline will survive at all.

Right now it seems like the East logic is "I'd rather see this airline fail and I'd rather be on the street than accept a relative integration".

Seniority DONT mean $hit at the next job interview!! Rather than waste time on these boards, get your resumes ready boyzz!! The Asian carriers are hiring!! I believe this DONKEY is dead. Time to find another one...............

Fly-n-hi;1611840 It's gonna stick. Unfortunately we'll have to go through a few lawsuits and endure tough times before the East guys finally realize that. This is assuming the airline will survive at all. Right now it seems like the East logic is "[COLOR=red said:
I'd rather see this airline fail and I'd rather be on the street than accept a relative integration[/COLOR]".

There are other ways to make a living. There is no motivation for East to accept the nic.

There are other ways to make a living. There is no motivation for East to accept the nic.

Who Cares what the East thinks. Via the court system, there will be adequate motivation for the Company to implement the already accepted nic award.

Since the East shot themselves in the foot with USAPA, and removed any requirement for dual ratification, there is very little stopping the Nic. award . I'd say LOA 93 and an endless stream of furloughs is the future of US air until this Virus of an airline finally dies.

I wonder if any of them have stopped to think about the potential precedent they could set if they were actually successful. Could you imagine an airline industry where an arbitrated award means absolutely nothing? Management everywhere would be looking to USAPA's precedent. Would they be successful in overturning grievance arbitrations because management fired their old lawyer, or shifted their case to a holding company, etc? A successful outcome for USAPA in this case opens doors that none of us want to see opened.

In reality there is no reason for them to not accept the Nic award. In the end it wont matter if they "accept" it or not...they're gonna get it.

Now that furloughs are on the horizon you'll see the list get implemented sooner than later. The company just can't afford to run two seperate airlines anymore. Things have to get done now.

These 40 and 50 something year old pilots on the east side are going to be in for a rude awakening if they think they can just start over in another profession and have what they have at US Airways. Yeah...I know things have gotten worse over the past several years...but this is still a way better profession than many professions out there.

Who Cares what the East thinks. Via the court system, there will be adequate motivation for the Company to implement the already accepted nic award.

Since the East shot themselves in the foot with USAPA, and removed any requirement for dual ratification, there is very little stopping the Nic. award . I'd say LOA 93 and an endless stream of furloughs is the future of US air until this Virus of an airline finally dies.

So when is all of this going to be decided or resolved? Does it go before another judge?

Actually upon further review I have decided that I actually am a fan of the nic award. The end result was this ridiculous excuse of a seniority list which was responsible for our MEC at UAL to refer to USAir as a “toxic stew.” There is no logical way to merge a third party. Being brought into a seniority list junior to some AW pilot is unacceptable as is going senior to USAir pilots that have been around longer than I. (it’s called morals) The nic makes it impossible to avoid the above situation so in the end I guess I am a fan of this "toxic stew."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back