USAir/TA10 Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Denny,

Wow what a refreshing post. Please be careful though TWA will brand you a USAPA apologist and then keep going and going and going like the Rabbit with the batteries.

The whole situation is sad.

Refreshing to you, but completely factually incorrect.

Most of the whining Westies on here are 2005 probation pilots that got hired and then got placed ahead of roughly 800 East pilots. The lottery ticket they thought they had is getting really tough to cash and they are frustrated that they are still stuck out West and now furloughed. AWA is doing roughly 25% flying of former East routes. (PHL-SEA), all the while there flying has gone away. PHX-BDL, RDU are just a few of many many routes they have given up. LAS closed. With out the EAST flying AWA would be toast. The flying and jobs AWA brought to the merger are gone.

Other airlines back in 2005 that was hiring and had many airplanes on order were Skybus,United, ATA and AWA. Airlines like Delta, CAL, NWA and USAIR were downsizing and all had pilots on furlough. So, I guess if you are hiring and have airplanes on order and have a one time profit, that must mean you really are safe.

M

Last edited:
MCDU.............lick my ass

Funny that the guys discounting the truth Denny writes were in Indoc and on probation when the investor funded merger was announced.

Just like a pompous, junior little westie to spout off like that to a fellow aviator with 21 years at his outfit.

AWA was accepting new aircraft financed by Airbus at almost 100%. They were replacing older aircraft but some were growth not because AWA wanted or needed to grow but because the financing was so cheap for everyone involved that it was better to give them away rather than not make them.

The hiring was primarily for attrition and retirements and a small percentage was for "growth." To say that AWA was making money to cover it's expenses and debt obligations is blatantly false. Doug Parker has stood before the pilots many, many times and said AWA could not keep operating based on income levels. He also stated time and again that without the merger AWA would have had to file bankruptcy. As a CEO you don't just stand up and say things like that without truth behind the words.

As to the seniority issues and arguments from those such as MCDU all I can say is it must be really dark and scary with your head so far ensconced up your posterior.

Most of the whining Westies on here are 2005 probation pilots that got hired and then got placed ahead of roughly 800 East pilots. The lottery ticket they thought they had is getting really tough to cash and they are frustrated that they are still stuck out West and now furloughed. AWA is doing roughly 25% flying of former East routes. (PHL-SEA), all the while there flying has gone away. PHX-BDL, RDU are just a few of many many routes they have given up. LAS closed. With out the EAST flying AWA would be toast. The flying and jobs AWA brought to the merger are gone.

Other airlines back in 2005 that was hiring and had many airplanes on order were Skybus,United, ATA and AWA. Airlines like Delta, CAL, NWA and USAIR were downsizing and all had pilots on furlough. So, I guess if you are hiring and have airplanes on order and have a one time profit, that must mean you really are safe.

M

Nic. isn't going anywhere. Regardless of your wishful revisionist history.

As a 21 year AWA pilot I hate USAirways as much as if not more than most. But to be fair your statement above is not true. AWA was not making money, was not buying new planes other than those they were going to default on and was not hiring. Just trying to keep things honest. The AWA guys have gone off the reservation as much as the east guys by claiming their company was a going concern pre merger. Neither was. But neither side will admit they were working for a failed enterprise and the merger was the only thing that saved both. Those are just cold hard facts.

As an ex AWA pilot I say you're a liar and an eastie in disguise. I was there at the time of the merger. Prior quarters profitable, pilots flying to France to pick up new Airbus' and hiring 20 a month. Nice try though reknob.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back