• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir/TA10 Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny that the guys discounting the truth Denny writes were in Indoc and on probation when the investor funded merger was announced.

Just like a pompous, junior little westie to spout off like that to a fellow aviator with 21 years at his outfit.

Funny 21 years at usair got him bottom reserve at the most junior base....Exactly the same position as the infamous Dave O

PS. f you. You have no idea what my background is. I'll "spout off" when incorrect self serving information is bein spread. Again f off!

Last edited:
He also stated time and again that without the merger AWA would have had to file bankruptcy.
He didn't start saying that until months after the merger closed. Different audience then.
As a CEO you don't just stand up and say things like that without truth behind the words.
Learn the difference between fact and spin. There are several online dictionaries to choose from.

AWA was accepting new aircraft financed by Airbus at almost 100%. They were replacing older aircraft but some were growth not because AWA wanted or needed to grow but because the financing was so cheap for everyone involved that it was better to give them away rather than not make them.
It doesn't matter where the financing for new planes comes from. I got financing for my house and guess what? It's my house. Just because I had to get a loan doesn't mean I'm in bad shape financially.

Who's gonna sink money into a failing business? The planes were cheap because Airbus was struggling...not us.

The hiring was primarily for attrition and retirements and a small percentage was for "growth." To say that AWA was making money to cover it's expenses and debt obligations is blatantly false. Doug Parker has stood before the pilots many, many times and said AWA could not keep operating based on income levels. He also stated time and again that without the merger AWA would have had to file bankruptcy.
Nope. The AWA retirements wouldn't have been increasing until 2012-2020. The hiring was because of growth.

As a CEO you don't just stand up and say things like that without truth behind the words.
Yeah...I'm sure CEOs never lie, mislead, or exaggerate.

Look, nobody is saying that AWA was the most successful airline. We weren't. But these arguments that say that we were losing money, failing and that we needed US Airways to survive are just plain false. I don't care if you've been there 21 years or 21 days. The truth is the truth.

If you have the finacial evidence that backs up your claims then feel free to share. Otherwise I'm calling BS.

He didn't start saying that until months after the merger closed. Different audience then.Learn the difference between fact and spin. There are several online dictionaries to choose from.

I am amazed that average AWA line pilots continue to insist they know more about the merger than the CEO or the BOD .

Hope they made sure to consult with you prior to pulling the plug on United.

You're right, we let the Federal Arbitrator, a Federal Judge and the 9th Circuit look at it for us. I think they agree with TWA Dude as well; well 2 out of 3 so far....

TWA Dude, it's not that what you wrote is untrue, its just that it didn't match his view of what is true. You see, facts are always open to interpretation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back