USAIR Capt denies JS to SWA commuter!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airlinepilot

Last Friday I was informed by the agent at BWI that the 757 Capt had informed him he didn't want any Southwest pilots in his Jumpseat. The agent told me this as he informed me not to worry because he had a seat in the back (he thought the Capt meant he didn't want them on the flight deck). However after going onboard to say hello and giving the lead FA my ID she entered the flight deck and just behind her was the agent with the final paperwork. I overheard the Capt giving the agent hell and telling him he had usurped his powers as a capt in allowing a JS. The agent came back out and told me to take a seat in the back. I assumed he was relaying this from the Capt. Today I returned to BWI and talked to the agent. He informed me the Capt didn't want any SWA people on his aircraft period. I am posting this not to flame USAIR. They have always been great host. I would like any USAIR commuters who read this to have a little conversation with this Capt(email, letters, phone call, etc) about his past and future actions. I am not posting his name here but will be glad to supply it if you contact me direct via email here.

I haven't ever had any problems with anyone. What I would do is give the information to your JS coordinator and get them to pass it along to the JS counterpart at USAir. Seems to me that the Capt would get in a bit of trouble for not having a good reason for not allowing you to JS.

The Jumpseat Committee is ALWAYS the best route to take in these situations. With all the turmoil at USAir, this guy probably just got a wild hair. TC

P.S.--I've been tempted to deny SWA people the jumpseat--till it forces them to start flying between IND and STL again... :( ;)

What the heck does this Capt. have against SWA? Me thinks the USAir East guys are self destructing.

Also, using the jumpseat as a weapon has always been a no-no. He should be reported to his jumpseat coordinator.

What the heck does this Capt. have against SWA? Me thinks the USAir East guys are self destructing.

quote]

That's probably right. The old guy probably got mixed up. I can see it now. Twenty minutes into the flight, he says to himself "Shoot, I meant no AMERICA West pilots on my airplane! AMERICA West. Dangit!"

This guy is obviously the rare exception, if the PIT-PHL Usair commuters find out what his name is they'll probably throw him a blanket party. Southwest helps many commuters get to PHL and back.

Latest resources

Back