• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir & AMR merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He already has a B-scale thanks to the Pickleballers.

www.usapa.org

From a passenger standpoint, I'd like to see DL and AA. That is saying a lot, since my hatred of the Evil Empire is well known, but that route map would be far superior to AA and US.

How about the airbus? That is the largest fleet you have, and the AWA guys make more per hour.

I think on average, the East pilots are making more money than the West. The total number of active line pilots (CA and FO) flying the 75/76 and the 330 on the East is 763 pilots as of the March 2012 bid. The total number of active West pilots on all equipmemt is 1,316 according to their last bid. So just the total number of East pilots on higher paying equipmemt of well over 50 percent of the total number of active West pilots.

Also, 100 percent of East Captains (with the exception of some on the 190) are at top of scale pay rates. Is every West Captain at top of scale? That is almost true of the FO's on the East. I don't know the actual percentage, but I'm sure it's in the 70 percent range. How many West FO's are top of scale?

... The binding award will follow you, and it will catch you too. It's called binding arbitration. If you merge with AA, the APA will be voted in thanks to the West guys. DP really wants to merge with someone it seems.

Well the only way the NIC can be used is if USAPA and US Airways negotiate a new joint contract before a merger with AA. Until those two parties do, the NIC is an unofficial list. How can an unofficial list be used in a completely different integration process?

As far as the APA is concerned, I don't think there are any East pilots that would even think USAPA would be the surviving union. I would bet almost all the East pilots would vote for the APA. I think if there is any opposition to the APA, it would come from the West, depending on the integration views of the APA...

... More $ per hour, but if you factor in your crappy contract, he would be better of as a west F/O.

I doubt that. There are 80 CA positions on the 190. All but about the bottom 10 or so are top of scale of over $100/hr. I think there is about a 6 or 7 dollar per hour difference. The West contract is not so much better as to overcome that difference...

As far as the APA is concerned, I don't think there are any East pilots that would even think USAPA would be the surviving union. I would bet almost all the East pilots would vote for the APA. I think if there is any opposition to the APA, it would come from the West, depending on the integration views of the APA...

I agree, I also remember during the ALPA, USAPA fight that there were members from the APA talking to our pilots about the benefit of independent unions.

Let me clarify something for you. There is no money to make an AMR/US merger happen.

Not true. Parker said getting the money wasn't a problem, it is simply a matter of deciding if a merger works for us. And you know in his mind it does work. It's simply a matter of time before Parker makes a run at AMR. The only question is if the buyout/merger will get approved by the parties involved.

Latest resources

Back