• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir & AMR merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta/AA merger good for Delta? Maybe corporate bonuses, but pilots from both companies will feel real pain if that were the outcome. Too many synergies!

A lot of overlap, so not likely. Both have JFK/NYC hubs, and ORD is right in between MSP and DTW. I can see DL being interesting in specific hubs, but not all of it, and not the older MD80s.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Folks this has nothing to do with AA and US, it has all to do with ONE WORLD. The stars are beginning to align. In a very short time, the foreign ownership rules will change, thereby allowing mega Global Carriers to reign. Anyone still thinking small time should see the writing on the wall. Delta/AA.... Will never happen!!

No NIC NO DOH

Solution=separate ops.

Problem solved

AWA becomes a wholly owned and it already has a flow through in place with the furloughed westies coming East.

M

Don't get wrapped around the axel about MCDU.

He is not even a professional pilot.

His parents paid his way to Gulfstream and he read some of his father's USAir manuals. That's as close to the line as he will ever get.

If a merger with American does occur, the two lists merged will be Americans and the arbitrated list.

"A furloughed West pilot could bid Capt on the East."

Uhh... I don't think so...

But... I guess anyone can "BID" anything....

Last edited:
I think our favorite mentally stunted poster is referring to the EMB190 "captain" position that goes extremely jr. because it pays less than most regionals. But they are so proud of that 4th stripe. HAHA.

He would make more then any west F/O

M

If a merger with American does occur, the two lists merged will be Americans and the arbitrated list.

This statement is factually correct.

It's a wet dream for Parker. 3 pilot groups, 3 payscales. And all the pilots fighting amongst themselves with expired contracts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back