• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAIR 1549 FA story b.s.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I liked when they were interviewing passengers on Larry King or some show like that and the passenger said that Doreen was in the life raft before the passenger got out to it. How does the rear F/A get out the front exit before a passenger in 22A?

I liked when they were interviewing passengers on Larry King or some show like that and the passenger said that Doreen was in the life raft before the passenger got out to it. How does the rear F/A get out the front exit before a passenger in 22A?

She opens the rear door?

Oh, wait...

Great movie, but they did a hatchet job on Gus. Heh heh...

He didn't blow the hatch.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]"We cannot prove what happened. It was an unexplained anomaly. But we know that Grissom did not blow the hatch," Guenter Wendt, the man who helped Grissom board his Mercury capsule 39 years ago, told SPACE.com.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/missions/liberty_bell_000617.html
[/FONT]

Chuck Yeager said it best:

"Monkeys? You think a monkey knows he's sittin' on top of a rocket that might explode? These astronaut boys they know that, see? Well, I'll tell you something, it takes a special kind of man to volunteer for a suicide mission, especially one that's on TV. Ol' Gus, he did all right."

Wasn't Guenter Wendt the German scientist that wanted to send the "ghimp" into space first?

Which of course leads us to..

"What in the hell is a ghimp?"

"A ghimp senator, a ghimpanzee"

Yeah, true, but ever tried to look out those tiny portholes? They show very little - and it looks distorted like a fish-eye lens. I don't know if I could tell whether by looking or not it was water. BUT, the big splash and sudden acceleration might cue me in.

To me - the big problem, if this is true, is that she lied for 3 months about it. I think that if she had said up front that she had made a mistake and opened the door on her own, it would of been a minor detail in the whole incident. Everyone would be impressed they made it out alive - now, the excitement over the flawless landing has subsided and now we can focus on the "lying FA".

Wow -

I know everyone here is very detailed and disciplined - part of the pilot profile - but give the lady a break.
I have seen pictures of the aft jump-seat - and right underneath it - when the aft pressure bulkhead was ruptured from the impact it drove what looks like a 2 X 4 from under the cabin floor right up into the cabin about 1 foot and very near her jump-seat. She was very lucky and that is probably what might have cut her leg. Be grateful for the outcome - and I am sure no one who reads these messages would have wanted to trade seats with her or anyone on that plane that day.

My two cents -
Metrojet

Wow -

I know everyone here is very detailed and disciplined - part of the pilot profile - but give the lady a break.
I have seen pictures of the aft jump-seat - and right underneath it - when the aft pressure bulkhead was ruptured from the impact it drove what looks like a 2 X 4 from under the cabin floor right up into the cabin about 1 foot and very near her jump-seat. She was very lucky and that is probably what might have cut her leg. Be grateful for the outcome - and I am sure no one who reads these messages would have wanted to trade seats with her or anyone on that plane that day.

My two cents -
Metrojet

Despite whatever emotional trauma you might have gone through, you still shoud tell the truth. Instead she fabricates the story about the pax rushing by her to try to open the door. .

Like someone else said earlier, given the circumstances and lack of information about ditching, there would have been no issue if she just said, "tried the door, water came in, realized we had ditched, and directed everyone forward"

That would have been perfect, and now I might not even think poorly of her even with the "no uniform" deal.

I don't care what photo's look like. She lied because she thought she needed to cover her as$, plain and simple. No break from me ...

How do we know the passenger was telling the truth about her? I mean, he is a lawyer.

Is there any other evidence besides the word of a lawyer looking for someone to sue?

I've got a four letter word for her that start with a C and ends with a T. So clearly evident in the 60 mins. interview. Glad the truth came out. She was a huge blemish on the crew during that interview, IMO. What a disgusting crewmember who will be out for a pay days as well. Wasn't she the FA who sustained some injuries?

Latest resources

Back