• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAIR 1549 FA story b.s.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a four letter word for her that start with a C and ends with a T. So clearly evident in the 60 mins. interview. Glad the truth came out. She was a huge blemish on the crew during that interview, IMO. What a disgusting crew member who will be out for a pay days as well. Wasn't she the FA who sustained some injuries?

Amish -

I am not condoning lying - but at the same time maybe she had been experiencing post traumatic stress - and maybe she believed what happened is how she told the story - As you know - many people can tell a different story from having the same experience.

Glad your so understanding - its not like she committed a felony with intent - she was in an airplane that was in the air for six minutes and the next thing you know your opening up a cabin door with water gushing in.

Metrojet

In failing to adhere to standards of performance, I'll hold Sully to a higher standard for failing to notify the FA's of a water landing than an FA failing to look out a peephole and seeing water. They're taught to look for fire, not for barges and ferrys. Any of you experts here want to guess how clear the distinction between the flatness of the typical airport looks compared to the calm flat calm Hudson when looking out the door window, especially when under stress?

No emergency is handled perfectly, they all survived, it was traumatic for all including her in the back. It may have been hectic enough for her in back to actually believe it happened.

She didn't impress me either. Then again, she didn't "lock up" and freeze. Her crime seems to be doing to much to open the door to let passengers get out.

Last edited:
Just suppose for a moment that she had been tired of the bag drag routine for quite some time...and then suddenly... her golden opportunity presented itself...!!

Open skies, TSA harassment, Terrorist plots, Furloughs. I can think of a few more things to get worked up and pissed off about that are by far more important than some FA that may have lied to the FAA. Who really gives a $h!t?

Wow -

I know everyone here is very detailed and disciplined - part of the pilot profile - but give the lady a break.
I have seen pictures of the aft jump-seat - and right underneath it - when the aft pressure bulkhead was ruptured from the impact it drove what looks like a 2 X 4 from under the cabin floor right up into the cabin about 1 foot and very near her jump-seat. She was very lucky and that is probably what might have cut her leg. Be grateful for the outcome - and I am sure no one who reads these messages would have wanted to trade seats with her or anyone on that plane that day.

My two cents -
Metrojet
I'll trade seats with her. She sat in a seat landed in the water, opened a door underwater, went on tv and lied, the crew hates her, and she will make more money from this lie than I will for the next ten years.

Glad your so understanding - its not like she committed a felony with intent - she was in an airplane that was in the air for six minutes and the next thing you know your opening up a cabin door with water gushing in.

Metrojet

Metro

How can you go on defending this hag? She LIED to NTSB, FAA, her company, her crew, and of course all the media. This was not due to a blow to the head or PTS syndrome- she is a calulating "you know what" with her own agenda. Don't you think she got lawyered up from day one hence the fat-lady pantsuit rather than her uniform?
Did you watch any interviews with the crew? If you did, and you still defend her now after her fantasy story is exposed, then only one explanation I can think of - you're boning her :eek:

BD

Any of you experts here want to guess how clear the distinction between the flatness of the typical airport looks compared to the calm flat calm Hudson when looking out the door window, especially when under stress?

I would think that a landing in the Hudson would sound different than a landing at a typical airport.

Latest resources

Back