• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAIR 1549 FA story b.s.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We need hard fast rules about age, weight, and strenght for f/a´s. There was a time when I fly a UAL f/a from CRQ to LAX and each time she asked me to help get her roller bag up the curb. What´s a curb´s height? 8"? THe f/a was over 60 for sure and most likely 5´2" and 100lbs at best. There is NO way she could assist anyone in an emergency - PERIOD!

Baja.

Now she can't have dinner with Jackie.

Now she can't have dinner with Jackie.

awesome....I just snarfed my breakfast diet coke. I loved that part of the movie. god forbid the wife is happy her husband survived space flight.....

seriously though...this chick needs to be outed. she's was acting like such a martyr on the interviews.

From what I remember of my F/A days, when we did door drills in recurrent every year, if you didn't make a show of looking out the window to assess conditions before you opened the door, you failed the drill, period.

"Smoke, fire, water, any obstructions; block the exit, use ABA to redirect pax and go to your secondary exit."

Plus, the window is small but it is installed so that you would be looking at where the bottom of the slide would be if deployed. On 1549 you would have seen nothing but H2O.

Panic is a bitch.

This is really stupid. The fact that they didn't die from the impact is clue enough that they might just not be in the middle of 4th street but in the river. I don't know about holes in the fuselage but the fact that she opened un unsafe door is reason enough to blame this FA for her problems. Nice touch with the lie.

At my Co., Screwing up may get you a talking to or maybe some time off but lying and covering up gets you fired - period - end of story!!

Why didnt she just say that while trying to evacuate the aircraft she attempted to open the door and realized that it was below the water line? End of story..

I thought in an emergency evac they were supposed to look out the porthole and asess whether it was safe to open the door or not? Something isn't adding up here. The question shouldn't be why did she open the door but did she asess the sitation once the airplane came to rest before doing so.

PHXFLYR :cool:

Latest resources

Back