USA Jet Eliminates Training Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"wedge"

The "Wedge" is really the Lakeview Tavern, right on main St., across the bridge on the left side coming into town from the north. New hire party on Wednesday 5-30-07 1800L BTW ASI we have been through this before, we have fairly solid cadre of IP's that are not going anywhere, we have a strong training program, with explicit completion standards, and the ability to get pilots on line. I expect we will pull it off again. Yes lots are "lookin" but not everyone is getting hired at the right places. So only time will tell.

Last edited:
That's alright, IMHO about 50-60% of all usa jet pilots have active apps out right now. If they don't do something about pilot retention real soon they will have lot's of falcon FO's and about 6 Captains, 3 of them over the age of 60!!

Good Luck to all

You've been talking about leaving for what like three years now? Was going to Netjets too much of a paycut? The thing about JUS is that most people are still ok with the circumstances (Others won't be hired elsewhere, so they don't count); where else do you get payed a 55 hour guarantee for almost no flying at all?

It's a great starting Job, very good training, good experience no doubt, but don't get stuck with golden handcuffs and then complain about it... ;)

Last edited:
Hi!

It IS harder to leave when you're making $18K-$25K/month.

One Falcon FO made $7K last Jun.

cliff
YIP

You've been talking about leaving for what like three years now? Was going to Netjets too much of a paycut? The thing about JUS is that most people are still ok with the circumstances (Others won't be hired elsewhere, so they don't count); where else do you get payed a 55 hour guarantee for almost no flying at all?

It's a great starting Job, very good training, good experience no doubt, but don't get stuck with golden handcuffs and then complain about it... ;)

Unfortunately I did not get hired at NetJets sunfun. I still may try to go re-do the sim but not right now. I found out that that my wife may be losing her job as a teacher this upcoming fall. If this happened we would be in big trouble at NJA even if I could find out how to make 45-50k first year. That would be about a 60% paycut between both jobs!!

BTW, I also have 7 other Apps floating around right now, all except 3 of them would be a pay cut for the first 2-3 years !! I planned on being at USAJ for 3-5 years, in a 10 more months it will be 5 years.

The funny/sick thing is that I really enjoy the actual flying I do at USAJ, it's all the other BS that beats you down !!!!

Unfortunately I did not get hired at NetJets sunfun. I still may try to go re-do the sim but not right now. I found out that that my wife may be losing her job as a teacher this upcoming fall. If this happened we would be in big trouble at NJA even if I could find out how to make 45-50k first year. That would be about a 60% paycut between both jobs!!

Sorry to hear about your wifes Job situation. I hope it turns out well for her.

The funny/sick thing is that I really enjoy the actual flying I do at USAJ, it's all the other BS that beats you down !!!!

Same here, I really enjoyed the flying at JUS, got me ready for my current job. But my last four months I averaged 24 hrs a month and soon after that they laid the first bunch off, no F/O was making $7K... Is the biz a bit more steady now?

Good luck on your job hunt!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back