• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet Eliminates Training Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It IS harder to leave when you're making $18K-$25K/month.

How many months out of the year does this happen? What percentage of the seniority list can even get to this number? ;)

a pilot who flew a lot and sold days to pick up trips and was credited for 148 flt hours at $115/hr

some people do,

USA JET, Ameristar, IFL, Cherry Air,...I didn't mention them all!!! But these are the places that are going to make you extremely sharp and have excellent pilots...guys that you can spend a month on the road with (because you probably will at some point)!!!! You are always flying down to mins....in airports you have never heard of...with the exception of IFL it will be with steam gauges....so Cruxxx@9 .... lets let the kids know the truth....
The training department at USA Jet is second to none...especially in the charter industry. It is better than a some scheduled airlines actually, I know from first hand experience. I trained helicopter pilots to fly the falcon. If you come to training with a hard working attitude and you can fly IFR.....you'll be fine. But if you are expecting to be spoon fed and are still sucking a t*t then you'll fail. It's up to you

The point is YOU BETTER BE ABLE TO FLY IFR!!!!!
Most of the Capt's are single pilot anyway....originally for sure.....if you are coming to a jet 135 charter....you better bring your game....we aren't going to teach you only make you stronger...if you are weak it WILL KILL YOU!!!

If you are looking for help and growing education and think you aren't strong in Instrument skills...then go to the regionals because you will get the experience there....in 135 YOU ARE DUMPED....NOT LED INTO THE FURNACE!!!!!!

Just to help guys that can afford to make the choice!

Best Regards,

TEX

USA JET, Ameristar, IFL, Cherry Air,...I didn't mention them all!!! But these are the places that are going to make you extremely sharp and have excellent pilots...guys that you can spend a month on the road with (because you probably will at some point)!!!! You are always flying down to mins....in airports you have never heard of...with the exception of IFL it will be with steam gauges....so Cruxxx@9 .... lets let the kids know the truth....

The point is YOU BETTER BE ABLE TO FLY IFR!!!!!
Most of the Capt's are single pilot anyway....originally for sure.....if you are coming to a jet 135 charter....you better bring your game....we aren't going to teach you only make you stronger...if you are weak it WILL KILL YOU!!!

If you are looking for help and growing education and think you aren't strong in Instrument skills...then go to the regionals because you will get the experience there....in 135 YOU ARE DUMPED....NOT LED INTO THE FURNACE!!!!!!

Just to help guys that can afford to make the choice!

Best Regards,

TEX

i hear that! bring your A game or stay home.

youre going to handfly everything to mins at ifl also on steam gauges, the falcons have efis and fms, slightly easier to fly but the convairs are all steam gagues, the streteches have an eadi and ehsi but its still your six pack that your flying.

youre going to handfly everything to mins at ifl also on steam gauges, the falcons have efis and fms, slightly easier to fly but the convairs are all steam gagues, the streteches have an eadi and ehsi but its still your six pack that your flying.

Thanks for the clarification...definitely not discrediting you guys...everyone I have met at IFL are top notch...yall take care and say "Hi" on the road!

Tex

Hi!

1 guy I know, in the last 12 months, has had 4 months of the highest pay he's ever had-thought he was doing great last summer, then had a better month, then another, then this Feb was his 4th high month in the last 12.

Last Sep, the top guy made $26K. There were, I think, 8 or so guys who were over $20K. I think 3 were $24K or over. The guys in ABQ have a higher base than YIP, but they don't go over guarantee.

To make a lot you have to sell days back and fly close to 100 hours. If you live in/near DTW, it's a lot easier to sell your days. I rarely do-usually bank them if they need me to fly into my days off and I can do it.

Some of the jobs I was considering applying at, my CEO looked at the pay scales for the 1st 3 years and said "No way!" It is cyclical, but the bottom, ever, for on-demand freight was somewhere in the 2006/2007 timeframe. It's been pretty steadily good since last summer.

cliff
GRB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back