• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are letters going out to pilots who "resigned" under duress in order to find employment shortly after 09/11? Their names are still on the APL... They were called for MidAtlantic positions... They still get info from ALPA...

Inquiring minds want to know. Did you 'resign' and still get a letter?

Just looking quickly through an old APL, and the latest one, It appears 1 guy at the top of the list had been listed as RESIGNED, but he accepted recall. Quite a few others are listed as RES, but have passed. So it appears they are sending letters to them. There are a few on the list that are listed as terminated, but it hasn't gotten down to them.

Thanks for the info. It was pretty tough to find work in early 2002. A lot of us did what we had to do to keep food on the table and to fly for a living. (J4J was not yet a possibility even as late as Nov 02) Given the choice, i'm sure none of the letters would have been mailed.

I saw on the recall list 2 or 3 names were classifed as "terminated", not resigned.

How do you get terminated on furlough?

I saw on the recall list 2 or 3 names were classifed as "terminated", not resigned.

How do you get terminated on furlough?

Piss-off Arnold.

Just looking quickly through an old APL, and the latest one, It appears 1 guy at the top of the list had been listed as RESIGNED, but he accepted recall. Quite a few others are listed as RES, but have passed. So it appears they are sending letters to them. There are a few on the list that are listed as terminated, but it hasn't gotten down to them.

AAA does not recognize resigning while being furloughed, however, if an active pilot resigns, they are off the list. So while many on the APL are shown as resigned, they will still be offered recall and may pass or accept.

Article today (Chicago Trib?) on pilot shortage, ha ha, stated that USAirways will recall 284 pilots this year. IIRC that would mean approx. another 100 after these current 160. Gonna get close to the bottom of the APL, probably to the bottom if many of these are 190 slots. My money's on hiring for the 190 from the street early 2008.

VeeOne;
AWA brought back all of the furloughed pilots during 2002 (I believe). After that we hired off the street until the anouncement of the US Airway deal.

VeeOne;
AWA was the first ALPA carrier to recall all of the 911 furloughed pilots. We then hired off the street until the announcement of the US Airways deal.

Latest resources

Back