• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Express carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor has it that airways is planning on cancelling contracts with the contract carriers while in chapter 11 and that most of the flying will be done by the WO's. As far as CLT they still plan on CLT Nov. 1 however they are not putting 48 700's in there in nov. PSA doesn't have 48 700's yet and we will see if the orders keep coming or if they will stop or be adjusted. Right now it is anyones guess. However the WO's of Airways should be the ones flying for airways and if any company is to be contracted to fly for airways, the WO's should be making that decision based on their ability to keep up with demand. Contract carriers have no loyalty to airways, thats why they source themselves out to whomever pays them. Its like prostitution, they don't sleep with one person they sleep with anyone who gives them money, no hard feelings but I am sure some will be taken. Time will tell and who knows by the time we find out, it will all be done. The way I feel is I hope it all works out, but if not well lets figure it out so everyone at airways, whether WO or mainline or contract carrier, can get on with our lives.

scouts out! said:
Rumor has it that airways is planning on cancelling contracts with the contract carriers while in chapter 11 and that most of the flying will be done by the WO's. As far as CLT they still plan on CLT Nov. 1 however they are not putting 48 700's in there in nov. PSA doesn't have 48 700's yet and we will see if the orders keep coming or if they will stop or be adjusted. Right now it is anyones guess. However the WO's of Airways should be the ones flying for airways and if any company is to be contracted to fly for airways, the WO's should be making that decision based on their ability to keep up with demand. Contract carriers have no loyalty to airways, thats why they source themselves out to whomever pays them. Its like prostitution, they don't sleep with one person they sleep with anyone who gives them money, no hard feelings but I am sure some will be taken. Time will tell and who knows by the time we find out, it will all be done. The way I feel is I hope it all works out, but if not well lets figure it out so everyone at airways, whether WO or mainline or contract carrier, can get on with our lives.
I heard that last BK 11. You may be right but it won't matter much seeing Airway will have a very hard time surviving this one. They are only delaying the inevitable.

And get a clue. You want to talk about loyalty a$$hole. We have been with Airway probably before you were even born. You might want to do some research before you unload your loyalty crap.

Last edited:
islandboi said:
i totally agree with you...if US goes that route, the question is where are the carriers gonna go? i don't think any can survive on their own nowadays. unless they create their own "independence air"
TSA can't do that. Their MGT isn't half as good as the one at INDY. (No bias here either, I don't work at ACA/Indy anymore).

TWAER said:
I heard that last BK 11. You may be right but it won't matter much seeing Airway will have a very hard time surviving this one. They are only delaying the inevitable.

And get a clue. You want to talk about loyalty a$$hole. We have been with Airway probably before you were even born. You might want to do some research before you unload your loyalty crap.
Geez man! Shafted by AAL, now it looks like US Express is your second. You must be pissed. Hope it works out for you.

TWAER.......... Life sucks and by the way I don't think Mesa, TSA, CHQ has been around as long as I have been alive so fly somewhere else with that crap. Does your company fly solely for Airways or do you also fly for UAL, DAL, AAL? Besides if Airways fails then so do the WO's all you have to do is hope your not junior then change uniforms. If your loyal to Airways, then prove it and do everything you can to help airways recover, that in itself will be a handful but all we can do is try and hope for the best. Stop crying and deal with the issues. Good luck to you

Last edited:
How do you want me to prove loyalty to Airways??? All we did was Airways flying until 2000. Don't confuse loyalty and being diverse. I hope everything works out for all the WO"S but don't think for a second that I am not glad not to be 100% tied to Airways. It would be a big blow to us if we lost Airways flying. We have many people just like you that will be out of a job when the doors shut. If you have not noticed, our other code shares are not doing to good either. So it is in our best interest along with that of Airways, to support them. There is my loyalty.

Before we get all high and mightly WO types......

about the contract carriers, it wasn't all that long ago that MAINLINE jets flew where you do today. Complaining about being under cut by ANYONE is BS. Just ask any mainline guy who had a job at ROA, DAY etc, got chased back to the hubs over the years, and now is SOL. What goes around really comes around.....

Latest resources

Back